Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Iriz 1.6 or Myvi 1.5, Which one better?

views

TSchongmelvin2238
post Apr 26 2019, 06:52 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Apr 26 2019, 04:21 PM)
Did you over-revved the Iriz? Just give it enough where the rpm is at 2k, any more is basically wasted petrol...

Also, was it the latest Iriz FL you tested?
Not the latest iriz.. they claim latest iriz better nvh. I am quite happy with current iriz nvh
Quazacolt
post Apr 26 2019, 07:20 PM

Riding couple
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(chongmelvin2238 @ Apr 26 2019, 06:52 PM)
Not the latest iriz.. they claim latest iriz better nvh. I am quite happy with current iriz nvh
Wait for the latest facelift and test again

Should be available earliest month end
Lez Pall
post Apr 26 2019, 07:44 PM

Let's take out the Myvi 1.5 AV out of the equation and instead compare it to the 1.5H which is almost the same price as the Iriz Premium.

Creature comforts/features (Iriz vs Myvi respectively)
- Auto headlights vs LED headlights
- DRL vs no DRL
- Space saver vs full size spare
- 215l vs 277l of boot space
- Half leather vs full leather
- 3 rear headrests vs 2 rear headrests
- More thigh support vs more rear legroom
- Better seats vs More interior space
- "Hi Proton" vs Smart tag reader
- knobs vs buttons for AC controls
- Touchscreen infotainment vs basic stereo system
- 3 USB ports vs 2
- TFT vs LCD multi info display

Powertrain/Driving/FC
- 5.8l/100km vs 4.9l/100 claimed FC
- No idle start/stop vs eco idle
- CVT smoothness on the go vs 4AT smoothness from a standstill
- Better ride/handling vs better ride comfort
- Stability vs faster acceleration
- NVH

Misc
- Appearance and design
- Material quality/fit and finish
- Color options
- Packages offered
- Maintenance schedule and costs
- After sales support

This should cover all you need to compare between the two and then you can infer and make the needed compromises based on your test drive experience of these cars.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Apr 26 2019, 07:46 PM
WinterAngeLs
post Apr 26 2019, 11:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Apr 26 2019, 07:44 PM)

Powertrain/Driving/FC
- 5.8l/100km vs 4.9l/100 claimed FC
- No idle start/stop vs eco idle
Fuel saved with myvi will be down the drain when its time for battery change. Start stop battery is much more expensive than regular ones.

Start stop is just gimmick used by company to publish better consumption figures on paper. Some owners straight turn it off upon starting engine. Useless feature.

Bjorn1688
post Apr 27 2019, 03:28 AM

Regular

QUOTE(chongmelvin2238 @ Apr 24 2019, 08:55 AM)
Thinking of getting a new ride.
Priority
1.Comfort and NVH
2.Performance
3.Interior Design
4.Resale

With the latest Iriz launched and price is very attractive compare with Myvi. Read a lot from lowyat and most complain Myvi is Milo tin Can but I believe it's more or less with Iriz ..
Depends if those 4 priorities are in that particular order.

Did test drive the Myvi extensively and compared it with a Vios. In the end I bought a Kia Picanto.

Drove the Iriz recently in Langkawi, it was a rental car. Seems quite well thrashed but did not seem to fall apart, am guessing it was 2-3 years old. Quite fun to drive but a bit of an annoying car too.

1) Myvi by a small margin.
2) Iriz though not by much.
3) Both are crap.
4) Which car these days have good resale value? Over 3 years, the Myvi would hold its value better. Over 5-7 years Myvi holds its value slightly better. 7 to 9 years, neck and neck. On its 10th birthday, both will nose dive and quite possibly the Iriz would be better as there would be lesser of them about.

As for which one to choose? Test drive both back to back twice on 2 different types of roads and on the same day. Go back the next day and test drive again the one you liked best, then test drive the other one. Buy the one you enjoyed being a driver in more.
jVIPERs2
post Apr 29 2019, 10:45 AM

LY.N Enthusiast

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Apr 26 2019, 07:44 PM)
Let's take out the Myvi 1.5 AV out of the equation and instead compare it to the 1.5H which is almost the same price as the Iriz Premium.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This should cover all you need to compare between the two and then you can infer and make the needed compromises based on your test drive experience of these cars.
Great comparo...just to comment on the few items;

Powertrain/Driving/FC
- CVT smoothness has improved much on the Iriz FL, there's little to no lag from standstill
- Better ride/handling & comfort on the Iriz FL
- Stability & faster acceleration especially when you floor the Iriz FL, you can feel the pull
- NVH has greatly improved, way better than the new MyVi

Misc
- After sales support is still a huge problem for Proton. CoSE is not any better, while even though the 3/4Ss are better in Customer Service they keep promoting more expensive parts from their own suppliers than that of Proton (normally quotes no stock).

Now we'll see how Perodua responds (depending on the sales figures of the Iriz) when they release the new MyVI FL. brows.gif
leon898
post Apr 29 2019, 11:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(anakMY @ Apr 26 2019, 06:34 PM)
holy cow, definitely more expensive to repair this than those old 4AT right.... I wonder even if we take good care of it can it last like 10 years...
I've just recently repair my 7th gen. accord. quoted near RM4k. so actually more or less the same

This post has been edited by leon898: Apr 29 2019, 11:22 AM
anakMY
post Apr 29 2019, 11:26 AM

Casual

QUOTE(leon898 @ Apr 29 2019, 11:22 AM)
I've just recently repair my 7th gen. accord. quoted near RM4k. so actually more or less the same
7th gen accord using 4At?
leon898
post Apr 29 2019, 10:49 PM

Casual

QUOTE(anakMY @ Apr 29 2019, 11:26 AM)
7th gen accord using 4At?
5 iinm. nevertheless, still same category (auto tranny)
Quazacolt
post May 5 2019, 05:42 PM

Riding couple

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=92579532
my take on the new myvi.

just test driven myself.
MichaelJohn
post May 5 2019, 08:57 PM

Pan Paka Pan <3

Good thing I found this thread laugh.gif

Am opting to get a new car if they have raya promo whistling.gif

same as TS, am looking at either MyVi G3 and the MC2 Iriz (I like the looks on the newest one more but of course looks aren't everything).
Looking at the MyVi 1.3 X or Iriz 1.3 Exec (Though if the people in here can convince me to jump to 1.5/1.6 variant that would be appreciated /poisoned).

Let me start with that I am a current 2005 Perodua Kancil 850 ezi user, so I am well aware with Perodua's good after sales support as I am still sending my kancil to official perodua workshops for servicing.
However, the new Iriz FL got my attention and I am leaning towards Proton for my next car. Yes I am aware of some minor differences between Proton and Perodua cars such as the turn signal and fuel port side on both brands. That is just a matter of preferences and getting used to it.

My fears before taking the jump to Proton side are the after sales support which till now I am still hearing issues with available part stocks, low quality workmanship during servicing and the overall build quality of their cars like their punch gb.

Would love to hear your input on this, thanks a bunch thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by MichaelJohn: May 5 2019, 09:13 PM
Quazacolt
post May 6 2019, 01:40 AM

Riding couple

QUOTE(MichaelJohn @ May 5 2019, 08:57 PM)
Good thing I found this thread  laugh.gif

Am opting to get a new car if they have raya promo  whistling.gif

same as TS, am looking at either MyVi G3 and the MC2 Iriz (I like the looks on the newest one more but of course looks aren't everything).
Looking at the MyVi 1.3 X or Iriz 1.3 Exec (Though if the people in here can convince me to jump to 1.5/1.6 variant that would be appreciated /poisoned).

Let me start with that I am a current 2005 Perodua Kancil 850 ezi user, so I am well aware with Perodua's good after sales support as I am still sending my kancil to official perodua workshops for servicing.
However, the new Iriz FL got my attention and I am leaning towards Proton for my next car. Yes I am aware of some minor differences between Proton and Perodua cars such as the turn signal and fuel port side on both brands. That is just a matter of preferences and getting used to it.

My fears before taking the jump to Proton side are the after sales support which till now I am still hearing issues with available part stocks, low quality workmanship during servicing and the overall build quality of their cars like their punch gb.

Would love to hear your input on this, thanks a bunch  thumbup.gif
personally, Proton is a way better car that imho is worth dealing whatever pitfalls that proton SC/after sales may have.

Myvi suspension is just absolute crap in today's standards.
go test drive one and drive over a speed bump/bad pothole and then do the same condition with a face lifted Iriz (or Persona)

then the steering, overall driving experience.
I joked with my sister during our test drive trips - Proton's "it's in the drive", they really literally meant it.

From show room, maybe after sales, everything the p2 may have an edge. but car wise, P2 doesn't even come close.
If i'm going to be paying much cash over a period of few years and interests as well, i might as well buy something i actually enjoy to drive.
P2 is never going to give me that in its current form.
MichaelJohn
post May 6 2019, 02:43 PM

Pan Paka Pan <3

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ May 6 2019, 01:40 AM)
personally, Proton is a way better car that imho is worth dealing whatever pitfalls that proton SC/after sales may have.

Myvi suspension is just absolute crap in today's standards.
go test drive one and drive over a speed bump/bad pothole and then do the same condition with a face lifted Iriz (or Persona)

then the steering, overall driving experience.
I joked with my sister during our test drive trips - Proton's "it's in the drive", they really literally meant it.

From show room, maybe after sales, everything the p2 may have an edge. but car wise, P2 doesn't even come close.
If i'm going to be paying much cash over a period of few years and interests as well, i might as well buy something i actually enjoy to drive.
P2 is never going to give me that in its current form.
Thank for your input rclxms.gif

Sadly, I've already went to 5 Proton dealers here in N9 today and none of them have the Iriz available for test drive, I'll have to hold on to your opinion for now. sweat.gif
ayamxxx
post May 6 2019, 03:43 PM

Getting Started

Test drove both new myvi and iriz mc b4 this facelift. Both from socar, both with 1.3 version.

Both event taken from kajang to mitsui outlet n back, with using socar fuel card.

Drive with heavy foot with most using highway. Surprisingly the iriz takes much higher fuel consumption vs myvi. Iriz at 10.5km/l while myvi at 12.4km/l which both from the meter
jVIPERs2
post May 7 2019, 04:34 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

Most if not all of your worries like low quality workmanship during servicing and the overall build quality of their cars like their punch gb have been addressed since the company became BaoTeng. The issues with available part stocks, normally only on those before Wira time or for the imported X70. I've owned the Gen2 for 10 years and have never had problems with parts (but Proton Parts Centre is accessible to me, so maybe it's a factor).

There's a lot to improve in terms of after sales on Proton's part. Mainly the attitude and the long wait/efficiency/dedication.

Since you've been a loyal Perodua customer for some time, I believe you already build that relationship with the SC you're visiting. The MyVi looks like a more satisfying overall ownership experience for you.

Though the iRiz FL appears to be a more matured & refined car compared to the MyVi, but the MyVi should be good enough to satisfy your needs and maybe even impress you since you're coming from the Kancil.
dares
post May 7 2019, 04:41 PM

As someone who've had both Protons and Perodua in the family, I assure you both also abang adik regarding your particular concerns.
Quazacolt
post May 7 2019, 04:45 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(dares @ May 7 2019, 04:41 PM)
As someone who've had both Protons and Perodua in the family, I assure you both also abang adik regarding your particular concerns.
And if that variable is out of the way, I'd rather get a much better car laugh.gif
dares
post May 8 2019, 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ May 7 2019, 04:45 PM)
And if that variable is out of the way, I'd rather get a much better car laugh.gif
Parents with babies might want to know Iriz has a small boot, sekali masuk stroller that's it, you will need to put your stuffs elsewhere. New Myvi boot has quite a bit more space for other junk.

Even Axia has bigger boot than Iriz.

This post has been edited by dares: May 8 2019, 06:00 PM
GOPI56
post May 8 2019, 05:59 PM

On my way

New generation Myvi sucks. Feels cheap with the cheap plastic interior.
Quazacolt
post May 8 2019, 07:07 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(dares @ May 8 2019, 05:56 PM)
Parents with babies might want to know Iriz has a small boot, sekali masuk stroller that's it, you will need to put your stuffs elsewhere. New Myvi boot has quite a bit more space for other junk.

Even Axia has bigger boot than Iriz.
I think if the stroller is foldable should be ok

Then there's also foldable seats.

But if heavy shopping and/or many kids or maybe boot already have junk, then could be hard

But I think with the facelift, Iriz Target audience shouldn't be towards parents.

Family car should be the Persona

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0833sec    1.93    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 09:18 PM