Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My Movie Review Thread V3, Got a movie to review ? post it here !

Veteran director Martin Scorsese recently criticised review aggregator websites for pushing the idea that "every image is there to be instantly judged and dismissed without giving audiences time to see it." Do reviews online reduce value of cine

Judgement is fast in the social media age and film-makers should get used to it. [ 18 ] ** [28.57%]
Reviewing a movie should be left to experts. [ 7 ] ** [11.11%]
Viewers take their own decisions irrespective of quick reviews. [ 38 ] ** [60.32%]
Total Votes: 63
Guests cannot vote 
views

6so
post May 13 2022, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ May 13 2022, 04:34 PM)
aikss... some time to wait then
You can try Coda or Belle (Anime). They are all good at hitting the comedy and emotional part as good as EEAAO. Just different genre. Try not to watch Coda in front of kids otherwise you have to explain a fair bit of bees and flowers. These are the type of movies lift up your spirit after a shitty day. You know those wholesome Petronas ads that Yasmin Ahmad used to make.
6so
post May 13 2022, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Let's settle the misconception, yes William Shakespeare rip-off Amleth to be Hamlet. The production design is very grimy and makes the Vikings Valhalla looks like a Disney show. Also rare to see they actually include slavery an integral part to the storyline. Don't go in expecting Gladiator or Braveheart, it has slower pacing and felt more like a Shakespeare movie. Artsy imagery and slow burning characterization minus the fancy Shakespearean english. The supernatural visuals very impressive to watch, can't help it there's a Valkyrie sequence highly reminiscent of Elden Ring. When all is said and done, still a good watch for me. We already have The Batman, Everything Everywhere All At Once, and now this. Also Top Gun Maverick is getting very good review. Pretty good year for cinephiles.
rx330
post May 14 2022, 09:39 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,148 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 13 2022, 04:51 PM)
You can try Coda or Belle (Anime). They are all good at hitting the comedy and emotional part as good as EEAAO. Just different genre. Try not to watch Coda in front of kids otherwise you have to explain a fair bit of bees and flowers. These are the type of movies lift up your spirit after a shitty day. You know those wholesome Petronas ads that Yasmin Ahmad used to make.
yes, I miss Yasmin
simple yet touches ur heart immediately

thanks for the recommendation

is coda the deaf movie?
6so
post May 14 2022, 10:11 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ May 14 2022, 10:39 AM)
yes, I miss Yasmin
simple yet touches ur heart immediately

thanks for the recommendation

is coda the deaf movie?

Try to bait you watching a very good movie. Yes it won Oscars but it's a very easy watch. It's not a pretentious artsy movie.
rx330
post May 14 2022, 10:30 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,148 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 14 2022, 10:11 AM)

Try to bait you watching a very good movie. Yes it won Oscars but it's a very easy watch. It's not a pretentious artsy movie.
hahahahaha tats funny

ok will give It a watch
skylinelover
post May 16 2022, 04:16 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
8,692 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 13 2022, 08:23 PM)

Let's settle the misconception, yes William Shakespeare rip-off Amleth to be Hamlet. The production design is very grimy and makes the Vikings Valhalla looks like a Disney show. Also rare to see they actually include slavery an integral part to the storyline. Don't go in expecting Gladiator or Braveheart, it has slower pacing and felt more like a Shakespeare movie. Artsy imagery and slow burning characterization minus the fancy Shakespearean english. The supernatural visuals very impressive to watch, can't help it there's a Valkyrie sequence highly reminiscent of Elden Ring. When all is said and done, still a good watch for me. We already have The Batman, Everything Everywhere All At Once, and now this. Also Top Gun Maverick is getting very good review. Pretty good year for cinephiles.
With all the marvel cash cow on the rise beyond post pandemic i am glad the art house original Hollywoods is still being made

Back then movie weekly drop is always around 40% but seems like 50%-60% drop is the new normal 4 fast cash cow movies like marvel today laugh.gif laugh.gif of course shit show like Morbius manage 2 go further with 70% plus rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
defaultname365
post May 22 2022, 01:19 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,096 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Apr 19 2022, 08:19 PM)

Please don't sit on this movie, take a leap of faith and walk out from theater with a satisfying smile guaranteed. It's more than just a silly comedy.
Just watched this (not at the cinema though) and holy cow... what a bloody damn good movie. Exceptionally good acting, editing work and a superbly heartful story mixed with plenty of comedic elements.

This undoubtedly is one of the best films I've seen this year.

My mind is still reverberating with scenes from the movie.

And (no spoilers) the way it ended after all that multiversal journey, really really moved me.
6so
post May 22 2022, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ May 22 2022, 02:19 AM)
Just watched this (not at the cinema though) and holy cow... what a bloody damn good movie. Exceptionally good acting, editing work and a superbly heartful story mixed with plenty of comedic elements.
I
This undoubtedly is one of the best films I've seen this year.

My mind is still reverberating with scenes from the movie.

And (no spoilers) the way it ended after all that multiversal journey, really really moved me.
Just found out, they initially wanted Jackie Chan. Thank god it didn't come true. Otherwise my enjoyment of the film severely unsatisfactory. I know a lot of fans still regard him a cinema hero. Not a fan of him ever since he became a CCP mouthpiece.
skylinelover
post May 22 2022, 07:56 PM

8,692 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 22 2022, 09:20 AM)
Just found out, they initially wanted Jackie Chan. Thank god it didn't come true. Otherwise my enjoyment of the film severely unsatisfactory. I know a lot of fans still regard him a cinema hero. Not a fan of him ever since he became a CCP mouthpiece.
Haha next shang chi DDC wrote letter 2 JC 2 shoot in MCU laugh.gif laugh.gif
6so
post May 23 2022, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/sto...e-a-hit-a24/amp
Everything Everywhere All At Once outperform gross expectations in US. It has strong legs. Don't think it will join 100 million club but for an A24 film, that's really impressive.
defaultname365
post May 24 2022, 04:10 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,096 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 22 2022, 09:20 AM)
It was already a perfect cast, I feel if they added "another super famous" actor like Jackie Chan it would take some light away from Michelle Yeoh (no offence to Jackie Chan fans).

Btw, possibly an easter egg, the multiverse sequence of Evelyn:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
skylinelover
post May 24 2022, 02:44 PM

8,692 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 23 2022, 09:10 PM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/sto...e-a-hit-a24/amp
Everything Everywhere All At Once outperform gross expectations in US. It has strong legs. Don't think it will join 100 million club but for an A24 film, that's really impressive.
Happy if they can exceed $60 million already laugh.gif rclxms.gif

Still surreal thinking Michelle Yeoh fight moves still more sharper than JC today laugh.gif rclxms.gif
skylinelover
post May 24 2022, 02:46 PM

8,692 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ May 24 2022, 04:10 AM)
It was already a perfect cast, I feel if they added "another super famous" actor like Jackie Chan it would take some light away from Michelle Yeoh (no offence to Jackie Chan fans).

Btw, possibly an easter egg, the multiverse sequence of Evelyn:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Haha i think Mic Yeoh is more full package actor today than JC come think about it laugh.gif laugh.gif
6so
post May 24 2022, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 24 2022, 03:44 PM)
Happy if they can exceed $60 million already laugh.gif rclxms.gif

Still surreal thinking Michelle Yeoh fight moves still more sharper than JC today laugh.gif rclxms.gif
Michelle Yeoh is having a second wind in Hollywood. She got quite a few projects waiting to be released. JC basically Persona Non Grata in HK. No one will watch his movie after he decide to be CCP mouthpiece and his inhumane treatment of his daughter.
skylinelover
post May 25 2022, 10:11 AM

8,692 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 24 2022, 03:58 PM)
Michelle Yeoh is having a second wind in Hollywood. She got quite a few projects waiting to be released. JC basically Persona Non Grata in HK. No one will watch his movie after he decide to be CCP mouthpiece and his inhumane treatment of his daughter.
Awww fallen from grace haha

I still think somewhat MY over powers JC stunts *almost* in police story 3 and she pakai tudung is the most pretty looking ever laugh.gif rclxms.gif
rx330
post Yesterday, 11:33 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,148 posts

MY > JC

24 Pages « < 22 23 24Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0614sec    0.88    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2022 - 09:30 PM