Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Opinion on Polyester Suit

views

TSlastlovesong
post Apr 12 2019, 08:20 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
130 posts

Guys, I need your opinions on polyester or polyester+viscose fabric suit.

I like to have a 3 piece suit tailor made for my wedding dinner. Then reuse the pants for my daily work wear and jacket for other functions.
Being a poor person, I definitely could not invest in good quality fabric.

So my limited choice is to either tailor-made a polyester suit that fit my body shape or rent a better quality suit.

So how is the aesthetic look on polyester suit? Is it really obvious terrible looking suit?
slaveone
post Apr 12 2019, 08:26 AM

Regular
1,180 posts

Can look good. Some of uniqlo jackets are polyester
saikuan
post Apr 12 2019, 05:55 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(lastlovesong @ Apr 12 2019, 08:20 AM)
Guys, I need your opinions on polyester or polyester+viscose fabric suit.

I like to have a 3 piece suit tailor made for my wedding dinner. Then reuse the pants for my daily work wear and jacket for other functions.
Being a poor person, I definitely could not invest in good quality fabric.

So my limited choice is to either tailor-made a polyester suit that fit my body shape or rent a better quality suit.

So how is the aesthetic look on polyester suit? Is it really obvious terrible looking suit?
I have one which i tailor-made and been wearing for the past 3 years. Still good and looked nice. a dark colored one would be a better choice i guess.
TSlastlovesong
post Apr 12 2019, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(saikuan @ Apr 12 2019, 05:55 PM)
I have one which i tailor-made and been wearing for the past 3 years. Still good and looked nice. a dark colored one would be a better choice i guess.
May I know what colour did you take?
The fabric very shiny and smooth?
saikuan
post Apr 12 2019, 11:39 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(lastlovesong @ Apr 12 2019, 09:08 PM)
May I know what colour did you take?
The fabric very shiny and smooth?
I took Dark Navy. Not shiny. Try to avoid shiny coz doesn't look too formal to wear to work. Most of my colleagues been saying it looked good, so i guess it's good? haha..
Recently made another in medium grey. Darker colors are always a safer bet if you are gonna wear it often to work after wedding.

Most of the suit you see off the rack are polyester. And most tailors have ready made suits in this material so you can try and see if you like it before you tailor make one.
Jason
post May 5 2019, 09:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

Why don't you just buy RTW? You pay so much for workmanship but use polyester fabric? Defeats the purpose.
Old Red Eyes
post Jul 4 2019, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

There's a time and a place for everything. Including polyester suits. The really good polyester fabrics look a whole lot like really fine wool weaves, so let's recognize that right off the bat. The really bad ones will be fairly obvious to anyone with experience in menswear -- and the rest will be fully oblivious, so make what you will of that.

The truth is, I imagine, that the great majority of wool suits aren't worn near enough to justify the great sacrifice from the animals and people who made them or made them possible. Cleary, the guy who is going to wear the suit every week should invest in a proper fabric (and construction), and equally so, the guy who needs to wear it once but needs to wear it to a serious occasion where people will notice the difference also needs to invest in a serious fabric.

For the rest of it, there's no reason synthetic shouldn't be viewed as a legitimate option.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM