Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Science List of Research Vacancies, Postdocs, MSc/PhD, Research Assistants

views

TSE-Tan
post Apr 11 2019, 01:40 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
136 posts

I realized other than UTAR, there wasn't one consistent thread where research opportunities were posted. Seeing them scattered all over the forum drove me crazy! bangwall.gif So here's a list of links pointing to uni threads, as well as some archived ones for fun.

University Threads:
UTAR Research Vacancies and Opportunities, Master/PhD
UKM Institute of Systems Biology (INBIOSIS) PostGrad Opportunities

Archive:
These are many years old and are no longer active.
Funded Masters/PhD program around the world
Systematics and Biodiversity of Orb-Weaver Spiders, UTAR, MSc
Civil Engineering Opportunity Leading to MPhil and PhD degrees, Tianjin University
Graduate Research Assistant in the area of development economics, MMU, Masters
Quantification of Myocardial Infarction And Cardiac Remodelling Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging, UM, Msc
Scale-up of fungal solid-state fermentation system for production of laccase, UM, possible MSc/PhD

Found or got a new opportunity? Share it here! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by E-Tan: Apr 11 2019, 01:55 AM
TSE-Tan
post Apr 11 2019, 01:50 AM

Getting Started
136 posts

Just found some new ones on Jobstreet.com.my, follow link for more info. If link is dead, means it's gone!

Physics/Optical Engineering Research Assistant at HWUM
Fundamental Study of the Dependence of Pulse Duration on the Modulation Depth of a MoS2-based Q-Switched Fibre Laser
https://www.jobstreet.com.my/en/job/researc...neering-3931208

Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate to help deliver research in the area of Physics/Optical Engineering. The successful candidate will be employed for a period of 12 months, and will be required to fulfil the research obligations of a project entitled 'Fundamental Study of the Dependence of Pulse Duration on the Modulation Depth of a MoS2-based Q-Switched Fibre Laser' . This research is funded by the Ministry of Education and aims to study the underlying principles of short pulse - high peak power Q-switched fibre laser using MoS2 as saturable absorber (SA) material, and also the relationship between the pulse duration and modulation depth of the SA material. The outcome is expected to have controllable (based on modulation depth) high peak power, short pulse Q-switched fibre laser. The post-holder will be required to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of atomic, optical & solid state/semiconductor physics, physical chemistry (chemical bonding & structure) or material science (structural dynamics), and to have a working knowledge of a range of topics within the sphere of their chosen discipline. They will also be expected to work as part of a wider research team, and to develop strong links with colleagues located at the Malaysia and Scottish campuses, as well as with those partners and collaborators related to the project. The successful candidate will also be required to register for a higher research degree, for example, Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Philosophy, for which a tuition fee waiver will be granted. As a requirement of the tuition fee waiver, the post-holder may also be required to tutor undergraduate students. Applications must be submitted by 3 May 2019

Graduate Research Assistant at UM
https://www.jobstreet.com.my/en/job/graduat...sistant-3917403

Perovskite nanomaterials are 1-dimensional self-assembled semiconductor quantum well. The objective is to understand property-structural-processing of the materials so that new understanding can be gained. The understanding of these property will help to improve electronic and optical performance of such materials. In this project, you will explore how processing influences the structural property through the use of x-ray diffraction, time-resolved photoluminescence, modelling and the fabrication of field effect transistor using the materials. Candidate must possess at least Master's Bachelor Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Materials Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or Equivalent.Must be willing to pusuit advanced study (PhD)

This post has been edited by E-Tan: Apr 11 2019, 01:56 AM
cnvery
post Aug 11 2019, 09:12 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Nice thread!

Pengie
post Nov 18 2019, 12:56 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

will look deeper when im in final year biggrin.gif
LA-DC5
post Dec 1 2019, 05:34 PM

Casual
475 posts

Position: Qualitative & Quantitative Research Assistant/Analyst for Business Research

Mode: Part Time (est 14 hours a week or 56 hours a month)

Time Period: Now / January 2020 to June 2020 (min 5 months)

Vicinity: Near University Malaya

Requirements:
1) Candidate must have experience with both qualitative & quantitative research
2) Masters degree graduate, or full-time PhD candidate preferred
3) Qualitative software skills: Nvivo, Atlas.Ti or equivalent
4) Quantitative software skilsl: IBM SPSS, SmartPLS or equivalent

Pay: RM1,800 per month onward, to commensurate with experience

Benefits:
a) Any cost of travel for meetings or discussions covered.
b) Can work from own home / school / office

Please contact/WhatsApp TH @ +6 zero one one three seven seven zero four three nine zero or email thcw01@gmail.com
tc_tc P
post Dec 16 2019, 04:05 PM

Probation
4 posts

Recruitment of PhD student/Research assistant. (PhD at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Putrajaya)
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate to help deliver research in the area of additive manufacturing. The successful candidate will be employed for a period of 30 months. This research is funded by FRGS, MOE and aims to improve the mechanical and tribological properties of 3D prints.
The successful candidate will also be required to register for a higher research degree, for example, Doctor of Philosophy, for which a tuition fee waiver will be granted. Monthly stipend RM 2000.
https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/work/jobs/job_SVJDMjQzNzI.htm
Further information, please contact Ir Dr TC Yap, t.yap@hw.ac.uk

tc_tc P
post Dec 16 2019, 04:06 PM

Probation
4 posts

Recruitment of Graduate Research Assistant. (MSc at Multimedia University, Melaka)
We have a funded project on Thermal Transport of a Nanofluids-cooled Microchannel Heat Sink and would like to recruit one graduate research assistant, working on the project for a duration of 24 months, who also has to enrol for Master Degree in Engineering Science by research. Monthly stipend is RM 1800 and a possible top up subject to the candidate's undergraduate academic performance.

If you are interested, please contact Ir Dr GM Chen
gmchen@mmu.edu.my ,

tridibsahabd
post Dec 17 2019, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Masters Opportunity at Monash University Malaysia

- Full scholarship
- Monthly stipend (RM1800)

Eligibility:
- CGPA 3.0 from a recognized University
- Degree in Electronics, Electrical, or Mechatronics Engineering
- Knowledge of micro-controllers, analog electronics, and sensors
- Malaysian citizen

PM for more info.

TSE-Tan
post May 27 2021, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Source: Facebook Science Vacancies Group

Looking for Master student at IIUM Kuantan - Molecular Biology.
Looking for candidate for Master of Health Science. If you need any further information please don't hesitate to contact izzuddin_a@iium.edu.my
Monthly stipend is available.

user posted image

This post has been edited by E-Tan: May 27 2021, 06:25 PM
TSE-Tan
post May 27 2021, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Project Title: Magnetic Carbon Dots Hydrogel Bead: Synthesis and Application for Heavy Metals and Ammonium Removal
Appointment Duration: 2 years
No. of Vacancy: 1 (one)
Stipend: RM 2,000 per month
Education Level: Bachelor degree (chemical engineering or chemistry background)

Specific Skills / Knowledge Required:
-Hardworking
-Independent
-Good command of English

Job Description:
-Design and perform experimental works
-Data collection and analysis
-Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project
-Prepare articles, reports, and presentations

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Ir. Dr. Teoh Hui Chieh via email at teohhc@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/sl-21010.html

============================
Project Title: Artificial intelligent integrated into sun-tracking system of heliostats to enhance the accuracy, reliability and long-term performance in solar energy harnessing
Appointment Duration: 1 year
Education Level: Bachelor of Engineering
Job Description: Master Student

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Yew Tiong Keat via email at yewtk@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/kpr-21002.html

Project Title: Inventory Models Incorporating Sustainability
Stipend: RM 2,200 per month
Education Level: Bachelor in Applied Mathematics or related fields

-Independent
-Has mathematical background
-Has passion in research

Job Description: This is a research project to develop reverse logistic inventory models that incorporate emission costs of transportation and storage.

How to apply: If you are interested, please contact Dr. Yeo Heng Giap Ivan via email at yeohg@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/sl-21011.html

Project Title: Time Course Evaluation of the Fermentation Process of Environmental Jiaosu Screen reader support enabled
Education Level: Bachelor of Science (biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, food science or biology-related fields)

-Fermentation
-Chromatography

Job Description:
-To carry out the research work under the project
-To pursue a postgraduate study in UTAR

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Sit Nam Weng via email at sitnw@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/kpr-21003.html

Project Title: Feasibility study of grid-scale gravity energy storage for increased penetration of sustainable energy and enhanced power quality in Malaysian hybrid power systems
Appointment Duration: 14 months
Education Level:
-Bachelor's Degree with Honours from Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechatronics Engineering/Mechanical Engineering, or its equivalent

-Good simulation/programming skill
-Determination and persistence
-Independent
-Can work under minimal supervision
-Good English communication Skill

Job Description:
-Analyse the effect of the Gravity energy storage system in enhancing a hybrid power system using simulation
-Analyse the Econo-environmental impact of Gravity energy storage system in Malaysian hybrid power system using simulation

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Stella Morris via email at stellam@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/sl-21012.html

Project Title: The effectiveness of rail pads to mitigate noise and vibration transmission on rail application.
Appointment Duration: 2 years
Stipend: RM 2,800 per month
Education Level: Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Engineering/Science in Mechanical Engineering

-Work independently
-Hard working

Job Description:
-To categorise and test the dynamic properties and durability of viscoelastic rubber as a rail pad.
-To determine the type of rubber/latex to be used as the rail pad through experimental tests and theoretical simulation
-To determine the optimum property of viscoelastic plastic to be used as a rail pad for vibration mitigation.
-To evaluate dynamic properties of the viscoelastic plastic on the influence of its properties, dimensions and boundary conditions for the rubber pad system.

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Ts. Dr. King Yeong Jin via email at kingyj@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/sl-21013.html

Project Title: The changing patterns of online learning behaviour among Malaysian university students due to Covid- 19 pandemic: The mediating role of desire

Education Level:
-MPHIL
-BASIC RESEARCH SKILLS

Job Description: RSS

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Lam Siew Yong via email at lamsy@utar.edu.my or visit http://research.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/kpr-21004.html

Source: UTAR Research Portal
TSE-Tan
post Jul 5 2021, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

GRA opportunity (2 years)
*Appointed GRA must register as full time master in engineering by research student at Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)

Project will be fully funded by Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), Ministry of Education, Malaysia.

Requirements:
• Malaysian
• CGPA > 3.0
• Candidates must have degree in Engineering
• Highly motivated, proactive and fast learner
• Proficient in English

Benefits for candidate:
• Monthly stipend of RM 2000 will be provided
• Opportunities to participate in conferences and student research attachment
• Working with researchers from Kumamoto University (Japan), Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS and Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB)

For those who are interested in biomass-to-energy conversion, you are invited to join us as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)!

Kindly contact or email your CV to:
Dr. Yiin Chung Loong
clyiin@unimas.my
Informal enquiries are welcome. Whatsapp: 016884759

user posted image
TSE-Tan
post Jul 5 2021, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Looking for resarch assistant with:
Medicinal Mushroom Research Group, UM

Field: Biotech/ Biochem/ Biomedical Science

user posted image

This post has been edited by E-Tan: Jul 5 2021, 06:41 PM
TSE-Tan
post Jul 5 2021, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Looking for potential Masters Student for project:
The Role of Two-component System Response Regulators In Mediating Antibiotic Sensitization in Klebsielle Pneumoniae

Criteria:
Bachelors in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related

user posted image
TSE-Tan
post Jul 5 2021, 06:47 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Looking for a Master/PhD student with interest in immunology for project:
Inflammatory Pathways in Preterm Delivery

🧬Master opportunity at Department of Basic Medical Science, Kulliyyah of Medicine, IIUM.
🧬Project starts from October 2021 onwards.
🧬If you are interested or have any inquiries, please email to Dr. Hanan Wahid at hananwahid@iium.edu.my

1 more person needed.

user posted image
cnvery
post Dec 14 2022, 12:23 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5311160

Postdoc opportunity in Taiwan

This vacancy intends to appoint a PhD graduate researcher who can conduct full-time research and management and strive towards excellence in research and innovation in sustainable research areas to produce quality scientific work.

Field: Biomass conversion and biohydrogen energy

Requirements:

- PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- In-depth knowledge and laboratory experiences in energy & fuel, biomass energy conversion, biohydrogen energy, green energy & technology, environmental manamagement and related field of biofuel and bioenergy
- Independent research experience and good track record in SCI journal publication in related fields
- Strongly motivated, creative/critical thinking and excellent writing skills
- Monthly salary of NTD 60K, including labor, health insurance, labor pension and year-end bonus

Job description:

- Research project management, laboratory experiment, data analysis, etc.
- SCI manuscript preparation/writing and grant application
- Other assignments

Interested candiates can submit their CV, along with certificate proof and publication list to wschai@mail.nsysu.edu.tw. Attached along in the email a short covering letter (not more than 300 words) on that makes you an ideal candidate.

Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response for an interview. If you do not receive a reply within a month after your submission, you may consider yourself not selected for the position. We thank you for your interest.

Opening date of application: Oct 2022
cnvery
post Dec 14 2022, 12:24 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5311159

PhD opportunity at NSYSU, Taiwan

Fully funded PhD position at National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan

Project Title: CFD modeling of green energy utilization and combustion

The successful candidate will work at National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan to develop a solution for accurate CFD model for application in green energy sector.

Other topics include fuel cell, biofuel production and biomass energy conversion.

PhD student requirements:
- Master-level graduate in relevant engineering field or first-class bachelor’s degree holder.
- Candidates with good academic results and experience in machine learning, CFD modeling, or soft computing methods are encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, independent, and proactive.
- Good command in English (with at least an IELTS level of 6.0 or equivalent).
- Full university scholarship (waived tuition fee and monthly stipend NTD 15000) for eligible candidate (3 years). Performance bonus available

Interested candidates please contact Dr. Chai at wschai@mail.nsysu.edu.tw
cnvery
post Dec 14 2022, 12:40 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://ipsrprogress.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/sl-22008.html

USV-based Aquatic Sensing System

Project Title:USV-based Aquatic Sensing System
Stipend: RM2,500.00 (Full Tuition Fee Scholarship for candidate with CGPA: 3.5000 and above T&C).
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (Engineering)
Familiarity with sensors, electronics/microcontrollers, and motors.
Job Description:
Masters student
How to apply: If you are interested, please contact Dr. Ng Oon-Ee via email at ngoe@utar.edu.my

user posted image

This post has been edited by cnvery: Dec 21 2022, 02:02 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cnvery
post Dec 21 2022, 01:55 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

Source: http://ipsrprogress.utar.edu.my/vacancy/rss/kpr-22011.html

Host-searching mechanism of insect parasitoids on oil palm bagworms

Project Title: Host-searching mechanism of insect parasitoids on oil palm bagworms
Stipend:
RM1,875.00 (Full Tuition Fee Scholarship for candidate with CGPA: 3.5000 and above T&C)
Education Level:
Bachelor of science microbiology
Entomology knowledge
Job Description:
Doing research on the parasitoid emerge from bagworm

How to apply:
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Wong Wey Lim at wongwl@utar.edu.my

user posted image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
less1234
post Jan 11 2024, 01:14 PM

25 posts

Land Cover Classification using Machine Learning with Image Fusion

Project Title: Land Cover Classification using Machine Learning with Image Fusion

Duration: 2 years.

Stipend: RM 2,000 per month, addition top up after proposal defense. (T&C applied)

Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in a field related to Engineering/Computer Science/Geographic Information System. Candidate will obtain a Master in Engineering Science at the end.

Specific Skills / Knowledge Required: Programming skills. Experience in Python/MATLAB is a plus.

Job Description: Doing research classifying land cover using Deep Learning framework alongside with satellite image data from Google Earth Engine.

How to apply: Drop your CV to Dr. Toh Chia Ming at tohcm@utar.edu.my

user posted image
myasimo
post Jan 13 2024, 02:23 AM

46 posts

A Knowledge-Based Graphical User Authentication to Resist Video Recording Attacks

No. of Vacant(s) :

Appointment Duration:
1 March 2024 - 30 September 2026

Stipend :
RM2,000/month

Education Level :
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology / related field, minimum CGPA 3.0

Candidate must have good interpersonal skills, writing skill and good team work spirit.

Job Description :
A research assistant position leading to postgraduate study in Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kampar Campus. The project aims to study and propose a graphical password scheme to resist video recording shoulder-surfing attacks. In addition, candidate is required to conduct systematic review writing, build simple prototypes, and conduct user studies.
Candidate must pursue postgraduate related to the project offered by FICT, UTAR.

If you are interested, please contact Dr Ku Chin Soon by email at kucs@utar.edu.my

This post has been edited by myasimo: Jan 30 2024, 07:01 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 AM