Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

kiats123 P
post Jan 1 2020, 09:34 PM

Probation
27 posts

Hello sifu2, Happy Near Year and need some advice and recommendations on dashcam...

Recently got my front extension lip stolen lol (RM700 bye bye) and therefore thinking of installing a dashcam (front and rear). So far I've only been checking on iRoad only but not sure about other brands...

My budget is up to 1.5k only larh, any recommendations? Looking for something clear, practical and long lasting. Monitor is not needed if capable of viewing via mobile/app.
kiats123 P
post Jan 1 2020, 09:42 PM

Probation
27 posts

QUOTE(kiats123 @ Jan 1 2020, 09:34 PM)
Hello sifu2, Happy Near Year and need some advice and recommendations on dashcam...

Recently got my front extension lip stolen lol (RM700 bye bye) and therefore thinking of installing a dashcam (front and rear). So far I've only been checking on iRoad only but not sure about other brands...

My budget is up to 1.5k only larh, any recommendations? Looking for something clear, practical and long lasting. Monitor is not needed if capable of viewing via mobile/app.
Just to clarify, reason why stating budget as 1.5k is simply because the only brand I've been checking on is iRoad (X5 and X9) which is around that price range, which i think is quite decent and reasonable. But I've also read a couple posts saying that Thinkware is more reliable and so, therefore seeking for advice and recommendations in case I've missed anything... Thanks in advance ya sifu2!
kiats123 P
post Jan 2 2020, 09:06 PM

Probation
27 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jan 1 2020, 09:55 PM)
Better to look at Thinkware dashcams as it has the best parking mode now. 2nd is Blackvue dashcams.
Thanks sifu!

Interested in the following brands and models atm:
1. Thinkware X700
2. Thinkware F800 Pro
3. iRoad X5
4. iRoad X9

What's your view on this? Thanks again!
kiats123 P
post Jan 3 2020, 09:31 AM

Probation
27 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jan 2 2020, 11:18 PM)
I've reviewed the X700 and F800 Pro. My F800 Pro is in my wife's car as her daily driver. Currently using U1000 after upgraded from Q800 Pro.

For iRoad, I've somewhat tested the TX9 only and I can say that the ADAS is as accurate as my F800 Pro. Other iRoad models, best you read users reviewers as found some have wifi module burnt, overheat, etc.
Thanks for sharing bro, have roughly gone through the reviews you made there, really informative.

Also, can you elaborate a little bit more on what you meant by Thinkware having the parking mode? Like what it's capable of that other brands/models can't do atm.
kiats123 P
post Feb 5 2020, 09:04 PM

Probation
27 posts

Hi all, have recently installed Thinkware F200 and everything works perfectly fine - loved it!

Just one thing right, after downloading the clips, when watching them using the app itself is fine but somehow there's an error when viewing from "gallery" on my phone. Has anyone encountered this before?

Also, I've tried downloading a different media app to view the clips and work just fine too. Not sure if there's any configuration/setting that I've missed?

The phone I'm currently using is ASUS ROG Phone II... Do share your advice...
kiats123 P
post Feb 7 2020, 02:31 PM

Probation
27 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 5 2020, 09:39 PM)
Honda said mine no warranty cause the damage was done by my Aukey USB car charger.
Should be missing codecs to play the videos only. I'm using MX player on my S9+.
Any better solution to this other than using a diff media player than the default one?
kiats123 P
post Feb 9 2020, 11:00 AM

Probation
27 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 7 2020, 05:54 PM)
This is a codec issue. It will need to have the codec installed. Phones are different than on Windows which you can install the codec while phone you'll need the player with the codec embedded.
Noted on this, thanks man!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:13 PM