Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

266 Pages « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 25 2019, 04:45 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Aug 25 2019, 04:19 PM)
You never mentioned cost.  biggrin.gif
My suggestion would be Thinkware F800Pro. Can read @blurjoey review of F800pro review here or at his blog
Confirm works with Samsung Evo+ 128Gb card. Else, can try the 256Gb card
Originally I was expecting under 2k. But wife say too expensive... So is there anything that goes for 1k and below? Or near 1k-ish?
supaztyler
post Aug 25 2019, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Apr 11 2019, 11:03 PM)
Hi, I am thinking to install 70mai Pro for the front screen and 70mai for the rear.

Is it OK for install 70mai as a rear cam?
user posted image
hi..any review 5 months later? was thinking of this set up too but i read somewhere that u wont be able to connect both 70mai at the same time on the app? dont quite understand what it meant..

This post has been edited by supaztyler: Aug 25 2019, 05:35 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSblurjoey
post Aug 25 2019, 05:56 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Aug 25 2019, 02:59 AM)
Your blog don't have search function.Which page was it ?
I am not living near to Sunway.

Budget aside ,  can recommend a few dashcam using capacitor ?
250-RM400 ?
Yes there. On the top right corner laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I did recommend before. Also on the 1st post. Viofo A119 v2 & BlueSkySea B1W.

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Aug 25 2019, 10:21 AM)
Hi knowledgeable people of lyn. Need some help to select a dashcam for my wife's car. She will be driving off to pangkor and parking her car at a jetty there for a 4 day company event. I want to put a dashcam for safety reasons.

Requirements:
1)Must be sleek and hidden. Originally she don't want to install dash cam because she says very ugly. So I need the cam to be almost not noticeable.
2)Must be able to tahan long. Can capacitor batteries tahan 4 days? Or is the only choice I to go for lithium iron phosphate?.
3)Must be able to record night.
4)Must be 1080p capable
5)Is there any higher capacity than 128g card? Coz the objective here is to record for 4 days of parking. Assuming the dashcam is motion sensor, recording at 1080p, 128gig can tahan?
6)Prefer if got front and back cam.

Additional questions:
I'm reading that for malaysia, generally we should go for capacitor. But capacitor very little battery hours.
1)Is there such a thing as a capacitor battery that can last for 4 days? If not, is there any way to join capacitor batteries so that it can last 4 days?
2)If not, is there a safe battery that can last 4 days and fully charge in less than 40 mins? (Based on expected drive time daily)
3)If possible, I don't want any wires in the car. So I prefer if can directly connect to fuse box. But can dash cam batteries be smart enough to stop draining power from car battery after engine dies? Usually most dash cam battery plug into cig ligther. I don't want that for aesthetic reasons.
Parking mode then you better look at Thinkware dashcam. Maybe the F770 or F800 Pro.

All parking mode dashcams runs off the car battery or a LiFePO 4 battery pack. The biggest Thinkware battery pack (rm1.6k+-) can run about 36 hours parking mode if not mistaken. Running off the car battery most can last 12-24 hours depending on your car battery condition, etc. Don't worry Thinkware dashcam have voltage protection cut to avoid car battery drain.

A capacitor cannot power on dashcams at all. It only has enough power to save the last video file and the settings.

You can get a 256GB micro SD card but not cheap as the 128GB.

I think you better go over to Sicurez in Sunway to take a look at their full Thinkware range of dashcams and accessories.

QUOTE(supaztyler @ Aug 25 2019, 05:24 PM)
hi..any review 5 months later? was thinking of this set up too but i read somewhere that u wont be able to connect both 70mai at the same time on the app? dont quite understand what it meant..
Means the 70mai app is only able to pair with 1 70mai dashcam only.

Means you'll need either 2 phones to connect to 2 70mai dashcam separately or a Mi phone which you can run Dual apps on to do the same.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Aug 25 2019, 05:58 PM
TSblurjoey
post Aug 25 2019, 06:13 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

All the way from Mio Taiwan rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

Thinking which to review 1st sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif

Attached Image
maiself
post Aug 25 2019, 06:42 PM

Pro Surfer
1,339 posts

Just Bought this Q800 Pro.. asked around and they charge rm200 for a hardwire installation.

Attached Image
Pugbunny
post Aug 25 2019, 06:49 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(supaztyler @ Aug 25 2019, 05:24 PM)
I only installed 70Mai at the front WS. The video quality is good for this model.

Mebbe other users can answer your question on accessing both 70Mai at the same time on the app.
TSblurjoey
post Aug 25 2019, 06:51 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(maiself @ Aug 25 2019, 06:42 PM)
Just Bought this Q800 Pro.. asked around and they charge rm200 for a hardwire installation.

Attached Image
Where did you buy it from?

Installation is about that price. You can DIY install if you want to save $ sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
maiself
post Aug 25 2019, 06:55 PM

Pro Surfer
1,339 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 25 2019, 06:51 PM)
Where did you buy it from?

Installation is about that price. You can DIY install if you want to save $ sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Im planning to let pro guy installed it for me.. lasttime i diy the outcome not that good hehe

Bought in UK for less than rm2k with CPL & hardwire cable 👍
widget
post Aug 25 2019, 07:00 PM

Regular
1,155 posts

Should be around that price for hardwire 2-channel dashcam installation.
If SUV or MPV, can add another Rm50 or so
TSblurjoey
post Aug 25 2019, 07:01 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(maiself @ Aug 25 2019, 06:55 PM)
Im planning to let pro guy installed it for me.. lasttime i diy the outcome not that good hehe

Bought in UK for less than rm2k with CPL & hardwire cable 👍
Good deal.

If you want, try to ask if Sicurez or EA Auto or Shorty5 can install the Thinkware for you or not.

The are Thinkware installers.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Aug 25 2019, 07:11 PM
Maxieos
post Aug 26 2019, 04:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

blurjoey Which date, I don't see any of it ? Using desktop browser.
never mind , I found , it's on categories and select xiaomi.I though there is a search button on most blog size.
Now reading.

1.Is there an international or global version firmware different from china version ? any feature or later force update and get lock and unable to use ?
How is the apps ? a lot user said the apps and firmware can't connect https://jwtechreviews.com/2018/09/30/xiaomi-70mai-pro/

2. Second , am I able to remove it from the mounting ? prevent someone steal it.

3. Which sd card endurance you use for this and other dashcam ?

4. Must connect to a phone watch the video or can remove the sdcard ?

Attached Image
Do you really need this expensive price of dashcam ? sorry , if putting expensive , it more dangerous someone will steal off.Better take out when you are not at the car.

Calveez
post Aug 26 2019, 09:22 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 25 2019, 06:13 PM)
All the way from Mio Taiwan rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif

Thinking which to review 1st sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Attached Image
MiVue J86 - looking forward for this review and the price range too.
TSblurjoey
post Aug 26 2019, 10:33 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Aug 26 2019, 04:50 AM)
blurjoey Which date,  I don't see any of it ? Using desktop browser.
never mind , I found , it's on categories and select xiaomi.I though there is a search button on most blog size.
Now reading.

1.Is there an international or global version firmware different from china version ? any feature or later force update and get lock and unable to use ?
How is the apps ? a lot user said the apps and firmware can't connect  https://jwtechreviews.com/2018/09/30/xiaomi-70mai-pro/

2. Second , am I able to remove it from the mounting ? prevent someone steal it.

3. Which sd card endurance you use for this and other dashcam ?

4. Must connect to a phone watch the video or can remove the sdcard ?
Do you really need this expensive price of dashcam ? sorry , if putting expensive , it more dangerous someone will steal off.Better take out when you are not at the car.
Hm... Checked my settings and seems the search bar was disabled. Have re-enabled. Thanks for notifying.

1. China firmware is in Chinese while International is in English. Also the Chinese have the eDog function which only works in China.

2. Yes, you can remove it from the mount. 70mai dashcam you can unscrew the hand screw and take it down. 70mai Pro is just sliding the 70mai Pro from the mount to take it down.

3. My current go-to micro SD card is the Samsung Evo Plus.

4. You can do either depending on your preference for 70mai and 70mai Pro.

5. Actually buying a premium dashcam like the Q800 Pro is not just to record a video when driving. More for the extra features like true parking mode, Extreme ADAS, Smart camera warning, cloud, etc. So it's an individual preference. The Q800 Pro is more of a discreet design. Anyway, I saw a few Yi dashcams got stolen more than heard Thinkware dashcams getting stolen.

Been seeing a lot of BMW or Benz or Civic Type R will only consider buying dashcams below rm300 but those who drive P2 will install premium Korean dashcams. Very confused by this actually. The above is not all the cars that I saw but I can say it is about 40-50% is like that.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Aug 26 2019, 10:44 AM
TSblurjoey
post Aug 26 2019, 10:34 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(Calveez @ Aug 26 2019, 09:22 AM)
MiVue J86 - looking forward for this review and the price range too.
Going to start on J86 today laugh.gif

Heard that they might be bringing in this model to the Malaysia market.
maiself
post Aug 26 2019, 01:29 PM

Pro Surfer
1,339 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Aug 26 2019, 04:50 AM)

quality/features come with a price and its quite subjective from 1 to another.

Just like buying
300k car
10k for sportrims & tires
10k for coating & ppf
5k for tint
etc

Yes, you can take out when park the car... but it will not met the purpose of having dashcam with parking surveillance.. tongue.gif

voncrane
post Aug 27 2019, 07:38 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 26 2019, 10:33 AM)
Hm... Checked my settings and seems the search bar was disabled. Have re-enabled. Thanks for notifying.

1. China firmware is in Chinese while International is in English. Also the Chinese have the eDog function which only works in China.

2. Yes, you can remove it from the mount. 70mai dashcam you can unscrew the hand screw and take it down. 70mai Pro is just sliding the 70mai Pro from the mount to take it down.

3. My current go-to micro SD card is the Samsung Evo Plus.

4. You can do either depending on your preference for 70mai and 70mai Pro.

5. Actually buying a premium dashcam like the Q800 Pro is not just to record a video when driving. More for the extra features like true parking mode, Extreme ADAS, Smart camera warning, cloud, etc. So it's an individual preference. The Q800 Pro is more of a discreet design. Anyway, I saw a few Yi dashcams got stolen more than heard Thinkware dashcams getting stolen.

Been seeing a lot of BMW or Benz or Civic Type R will only consider buying dashcams below rm300 but those who drive P2 will install premium Korean dashcams. Very confused by this actually. The above is not all the cars that I saw but I can say it is about 40-50% is like that.
IMO, most are "freebies" bundled in the deal by the car salesman.. Even the BMW Advanced Eye 2.0 costs about RM3K and you rarely see them bundle that in.. laugh.gif

dlttdltt
post Aug 27 2019, 08:03 AM

On my way
552 posts

Hi @blurjoey Is there an software update for the q800 pro to fix the noise issue yet ? It's been a month or two now still waiting for the fix.
Milo_O
post Aug 27 2019, 08:10 AM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(dlttdltt @ Aug 27 2019, 08:03 AM)
Hi @blurjoey Is there an software update for the q800 pro to fix the noise issue yet ? It's been a month or two now still waiting for the fix.
Which firmware version are u on ?

TSblurjoey
post Aug 27 2019, 10:01 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 27 2019, 07:38 AM)
IMO, most are "freebies" bundled in the deal by the car salesman.. Even the BMW Advanced Eye 2.0 costs about RM3K and you rarely see them bundle that in..  laugh.gif

I got a few "friends" who drive higher range cars and asked me if I'm selling off any of my dashcams for cheap.

Another friend who just got a new Civic Type R, was considering getting a dashcam for a few times but in the end, told me he cannot brain why spend 1k+ for a camera for a car. I even show him the video of the girl stealing the gold H emblem, he still tiada apa. I gave up d after he asked me for the 3rd time. I'm waiting for him to bang wall only now laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This cam super big in size even the rear cam is the same size as the front cam. And I saw the video quality is so so only. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Aug 27 2019, 10:12 AM
TSblurjoey
post Aug 27 2019, 10:03 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(dlttdltt @ Aug 27 2019, 08:03 AM)
I've only seen 1 update after launch. Still waiting. Think they are busy preparing the U1000 for launch.

I'm on v1.01.01.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Aug 27 2019, 10:20 AM

266 Pages « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:12 PM