Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

180 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 10:11 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 13 2019, 05:24 PM)
Thinner will damage the tint?
Some tints might not withstand thinner. Might get damaged.

Another way is to heat the tape mount with a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue first so can easily pull off the windscreen. Parking in the hot sun for a few hours also does the same.

After that use clear acrylic double sided tape to mount. Strong and easier to peel off.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 10:13 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Apr 15 2019, 10:09 AM)
LOL. At least x9 won't suck on hang or shutdown...
Like all Korean dashcam, X9 is using super capacitor which can withstand heat better than those dashcam using batteries.

josh5671
post Apr 15 2019, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,002 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 10:13 AM)
Like all Korean dashcam, X9 is using super capacitor which can withstand heat better than those dashcam using batteries.
It survive much much higher temp. Specially my car almost everyday park under parking lot with direct sun light.

It worth by itself if happen one time accident / hit and run.
Then can change to other brand lol
[email protected]
post Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 10:11 AM)
Some tints might not withstand thinner. Might get damaged.

Another way is to heat the tape mount with a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue first so can easily pull off the windscreen. Parking in the hot sun for a few hours also does the same.

After that use clear acrylic double sided tape to mount. Strong and easier to peel off.
I had completely remove the double sided tape from the windscreen. the problem I facing now is the sticky mark still on the windscreen. I am trying many ways to get rid of it as I see liao I beh song. Haha...
Maybe get some petrol to wipe it off. Not sure if it works or damages the tint.

This post has been edited by [email protected]: Apr 15 2019, 10:45 AM
TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 11:11 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM)
I had completely remove the double sided tape from the windscreen. the problem I facing now is the sticky mark still on the windscreen. I am trying many ways to get rid of it as I see liao I beh song. Haha...
How about alchohol wipe? Or Googone?

I know some essential oil does the trick also like WD40. So does hand sanitizer gel espcecially those from hospital. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 15 2019, 11:16 AM
ckweng
post Apr 15 2019, 11:18 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,607 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 15 2019, 10:44 AM)
Possible to try using any adhesive tape to stick-and-peel repeatedly, especially after your car has been out under the sun for some time (when windscreen is hot)?
[email protected]
post Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 11:11 AM)
How about alchohol wipe? Or Googone?

I know some essential oil does the trick also like WD40. So does hand sanitizer gel espcecially those from hospital. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
So, maybe I have to try to get some petrol today. Petrol should not as sharp as Thinner (I guess). You sure Sanitizer gel help? My house should got the dettol 1.

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 15 2019, 11:18 AM)
Possible to try using any adhesive tape to stick-and-peel repeatedly, especially after your car has been out under the sun for some time (when windscreen is hot)?
Nothing to peel now. Is only left the adhesive mark. I try to snap some photo later.

TSblurjoey
post Apr 15 2019, 11:46 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM)
So, maybe I have to try to get some petrol today. Petrol should not as sharp as Thinner (I guess). You sure Sanitizer gel help? My house should got the dettol 1.
Nothing to peel now. Is only left the adhesive mark. I try to snap some photo later.
I got a bottle the same type hospital use. Can remove sticky residue but need to rub a bit.
[email protected]
post Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 15 2019, 11:37 AM)
Here is the sticky mark that I refering to. Tak tahan when I see that. Have to get rid of it. Tonight will try nail polish alchohol and sanitizer gel.

user posted image
Quazacolt
post Apr 15 2019, 11:54 PM

Riding couple
4,415 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM)
Here is the sticky mark that I refering to. Tak tahan when I see that. Have to get rid of it. Tonight will try nail polish alchohol and sanitizer gel.

user posted image
Tried goo gone yet?
Quazacolt
post Apr 15 2019, 11:56 PM

Riding couple
4,415 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 15 2019, 09:46 AM)
Toyota GT86 drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif
As you can see, need 60fps tongue.gif
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 12:36 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE([email protected] @ Apr 15 2019, 06:13 PM)

user posted image
Can try Meguiar's PlastX and polish it and see... Looks more like scratches?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 12:36 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 15 2019, 11:56 PM)
As you can see, need 60fps tongue.gif
You need a GoPro more laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,896 posts

i previously use xiaomi dashcam, around 200 bucks or something, installed myself on my previous car.

it was mounted directly onto the windscreen with the original 3m double side tape came together with the dashcam. After a couple of years, sold the car, trying hard to remove the mount, couldn't and it stick to the windscreen (with tint) too hard, so end up remove it forcefully and ended up leaving a hole on the tint.

After getting a new car, got myself a 3m double side tape from taobao, was trying to install it onto the new car that has windscreen too. fear of the same damage, i then use the roadtax sticker that is self adhesive to the windscreen as the middle layer in between the tint and the double side tape, but mana tau, it didn't work as great as applying it directly.

What solutions you guys can suggest me? i don't wanna leave a hole on the tint on the new car.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 10:39 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 10:20 AM)
i previously use xiaomi dashcam, around 200 bucks or something, installed myself on my previous car.

it was mounted directly onto the windscreen with the original 3m double side tape came together with the dashcam. After a couple of years, sold the car, trying hard to remove the mount, couldn't and it stick to the windscreen (with tint) too hard, so end up remove it forcefully and ended up leaving a hole on the tint.

After getting a new car, got myself a 3m double side tape from taobao, was trying to install it onto the new car that has windscreen too. fear of the same damage, i then use the roadtax sticker that is self adhesive to the windscreen as the middle layer in between the tint and the double side tape, but mana tau, it didn't work as great as applying it directly.

What solutions you guys can suggest me? i don't wanna leave a hole on the tint on the new car.
I'm using clear acrylic double sided tape. They are strong when stuck on but easy to remove just by pulling and stretching the clear acrylic.

Another is to use heat to soften the tape mount before pulling or twisting. Another is the flossing technique using a nylon string.
ckweng
post Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,607 posts

Guys, I have a tried and tested DIY method to avoid sticking 3M double-sided tape directly on the windscreen.

Buy those cheap Fixate Gel pad and cut a piece out to the size of the dashcam mount and use it as a medium between the dashcam mount and your tinted windscreen. The Fixate Gel pads are very sticky and strong enough to hold the dashcam and its mount, and easy to remove without residue too.
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM)
Guys, I have a tried and tested DIY method to avoid sticking 3M double-sided tape directly on the windscreen.

Buy those cheap Fixate Gel pad and cut a piece out to the size of the dashcam mount and use it as a medium between the dashcam mount and your tinted windscreen. The Fixate Gel pads are very sticky and strong enough to hold the dashcam and its mount, and easy to remove without residue too.
These?

https://www.lazada.com.my/fixate-gel-pads/
ckweng
post Apr 16 2019, 11:10 AM

Craft beers for life!
1,607 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM)
YES! biggrin.gif Works for my 70mai dashcam used at the rear windscreen.
tehoice
post Apr 16 2019, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,896 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 10:39 AM)
I'm using clear acrylic double sided tape. They are strong when stuck on but easy to remove just by pulling and stretching the clear acrylic.

Another is to use heat to soften the tape mount before pulling or twisting. Another is the flossing technique using a nylon string.
what's an acrylic double sided tape? care to give some link to it so i can purchase directly? or the one that you're using.
Sticking it onto the windscreen (with tint) directly?

Noted on the few methods in removing the tape, will do it next time when i remove it.

QUOTE(ckweng @ Apr 16 2019, 10:43 AM)

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 16 2019, 11:08 AM)
Macam nice, can they just stick onto anything? or i can stick this in between the windscreen and the dashcam?
TSblurjoey
post Apr 16 2019, 11:46 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Apr 16 2019, 11:41 AM)
what's an acrylic double sided tape? care to give some link to it so i can purchase directly? or the one that you're using.
Sticking it onto the windscreen (with tint) directly?

Noted on the few methods in removing the tape, will do it next time when i remove it.
Macam nice, can they just stick onto anything? or i can stick this in between the windscreen and the dashcam?
I'm using these. Got 3M brand but too expensive as I used a lot for my reviews.

Attached Image

180 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.96    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2021 - 09:39 PM