Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

abubin
post Nov 6 2019, 05:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(Melto @ Nov 6 2019, 04:34 PM)
Hi,
Wondering if this B1W comes with USB charger? (check your review, didn't see any USB head charging cable)
Reason being my car doesn't have cigarette socket only USB socket.
Thanks
B1W's cigarette plug in does not have extra port for USB.

The suggested 3 wire hardwire kit is suggested and supported by blueskysea. However, like I said before you do not need to connect the yellow ACC port. Just connect the red to power and black to ground. I have been using it for 6 months already and so far my car battery has not died yet. When no movement is detect, the recording bitrate will fall to lower to conserve power and storage usage. Once it detected movement means you car is being drove, recording bitrate will go back to normal. However, this is not perfect as you can't expect something that cost RM160 with supercapacitor to rival with those of over RM1000 cams. For the price, this is super good value.
abubin
post Nov 6 2019, 06:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Nov 6 2019, 05:59 PM)
Just curious, if you're using B1W, there is not need for 3 hard wire kit because the parking mode for B1W is manually activated upon engine off....every single time.....

You're better off to get normal hardwire kit, no need 3 wire ones. Unless you're investing for A129 Duo in future.
No it's not. Parking mode is only activated upon detection of no movement. If you connect the red wire to "power on" only, then it will shutoff the device when car is off. There will be no standby mode because of supercapacitor.

As for the cable that I provided the picture, again this is RECOMMENDED by blueskysea support. You can contact their support and find more information in dashcamtalk forum. There is an official support person there to answer your questions. Then again, it is fine if you want to use a hardwire kit with 2 cable. No problem at all.

This post has been edited by abubin: Nov 6 2019, 06:15 PM
abubin
post Nov 7 2019, 12:36 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 7 2019, 10:45 AM)
Actually f1.7 is better than f1.8 hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif

70Mai Lite dashcam review is up.
https://jwtechreviews.com/2019/11/07/70mai-lite-dashcam/
Thanks! Good quality review as usual. Unlike some youtuber I saw that didn't know what is the pry tool for. He said "not sure what it is for" then I immediately dislike and close video. LOL...
abubin
post Nov 7 2019, 12:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Nov 6 2019, 06:32 PM)
Ah I guess I didn't follow much on B1W, I last recall the parking mode isn't a proper one. Hence it's a hit and miss for this B1W. By the time there's an event, the B1W will suffer from record delay
There is no delay if you connect the device to always on power. In fact, from studies by other users the switch between low bitrate and normal bitrate is almost seamless. Even the low bitrate quality is still quite decent. If you connect the device to ciggy port, it won't have parking mode. So not sure what you mean by the record delay.
abubin
post Nov 7 2019, 02:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 7 2019, 01:04 PM)
Luckily I know what the prying tool is for laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
That's why need to hardwire the B1W to constant power as B1W is a capacitor-based dashcam.
Depends on the user. Some users may not want parking mode. So they can just connect the red wire to acc fius. That way the cam will turn on only when car is running. Same as if you connect to ciggy port provided by b1w. It start when car starts. Anyway, for the price you are paying, it is a good alternative for those who do not want to spend a lot for their dashcam. Sure it's not perfect but it is definitely value for money.
abubin
post Nov 7 2019, 05:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 7 2019, 04:17 PM)
For B1W better to get the 2 wire hardwire kit instead of 3 wire hardwire kit. To avoid confusion. Can be used for parking mode or don't use it.
You still don't get my point. The 3 wires hardwire kit is the only one OFFICIALLY recommended by blueskysea. That means they tested it with their product and know that it is compatible and working fine. This is for people who want peace of mind.

Like someone who buy Honda and still use official Honda engine oil to service their car even though can get other EO. Cause for peace of mind and those who don't want to worry about compatibility issues and other problems.

I do agree about the confusion that the 3 wire will create but I guess if you DIY, you would have done your research. If you get it done by professional, they would know how to do it. So anyway, best is to do your own research.
abubin
post Nov 28 2019, 04:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

For those using rearview mirror dash cam, is it obstructive? I find it to be disturbing the rear view. Like when I need to just see the back, I don't need all these displays blocking the view. That's why I won't consider getting rear view dash cam.
abubin
post Jan 2 2020, 05:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(bladekiller @ Jan 2 2020, 04:57 PM)
When that happens, I format the SD card via phone app and re-enable the record function. Then when it fills up again, problem repeats.
Let me check the SD card later.. thanks smile.gif
Does the cam specifically mention it support video looping? If not maybe it doesn't support that function. Also, you need to format the sdcard using the dashcam. It is more compatible that way than using phone to format it.
abubin
post Jan 14 2020, 04:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Jan 14 2020, 03:02 PM)
Thanks for the feedback bro. I'm using Viofo A129 Pro Duo. Bought together a CPL filter for the front camera. Somehow it does its job filtering glares/reflections but with comes rainbow effects as tradeoff. I take off the filter during night time to allow more light in because couldn't bear with noise if the filter stays on. Less light.

The dashcam mount is fixed and non-adjustable.

Surprisingly, the rear camera does a good job even it's just 1080p. Nice colors & contrast. Since less flat surface affecting the rear camera, this is how I conclude the culprit is the dashboard that affect the front camera
The rainbow effect comes from the tint. Nothing you can do about it. Let it be. It's for recording only. Not like you need to watch it all the time. As for night, I did not notice rainbow effect. Wait let me check later on my blueskysea B1w tonight.
abubin
post Jan 20 2020, 06:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

Wait, I am a bit confused. So a proper parking mode means when car is parked, recording will be timelapse like 5 frame/sec. On motion or impact, it will go back to full speed recording.

Both viofo a129 and thinkware have it except thinkware does it better? What does better entails? Quality? Better motion/impact detection? Please enlighten, sifus.
abubin
post Jan 21 2020, 01:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Jan 21 2020, 10:20 AM)
thanks for the suggestion. I done a quick search on the pricing of those model you recommend above. Err......am I right to say it about RM380++, closed to RM400 and above?  sweat.gif

what u think about Xiaomi Mi Dash Cam 1S?

personally, do you think RM300 will get a decent dashcam?
Define decent dashcam. Everyone have different expectations for dashcams and how much they are willing to spend. Some just paying a lot without knowing why. They just thought since their car is so expensive, they only match it with dashcam price that match the car.

Anyway, with your budget. Get something like 70mai or mijia 1s or yi dashcam. Yi is actually quite decent brand for the price. Blueskysea b1w is my recommendation if you are into supercapacitor type. If you want parking mode, you can hardwire to car power box. This means additional cost to get the hardwire kit (around 30 for a decent one) and possible paying people to install.

For good parking mode, forget about those offered by korean or viofo as those are beyond your budget. The best so far I think is Blueskysea b1w as it have low bitrate mode (with hardwire). Recording is still decent in that mode and when you start driving, it detect movement and will start recording in normal mode. While it's not perfect, it is decent enough for the price that you are paying for and on top of that with super capacitor.

If you think sticking to your budget is important, you can try a few cheaper China brand like anytek and ekleva which I have tried. Anytek produce their own cam and their quality is decent for the price. Ekleva is an OEM dashcam make that rebrand China made cam with their name. Their support is good because I had problem with the cam and the let me swap the cam one-to-one with their boss who coincidentally had a trip to KL.

All in all, it really depends on your requirement. I can tell you personally, I just want a dashcam to be able to record and use during accident. I also want rear recording and with that I gain reverse cam which is a super plus.

abubin
post Jan 21 2020, 03:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Jan 21 2020, 02:41 PM)
Err.....first, I got to admit, I am idiot in dashcam thingy, never use one before, until I bought the car, the SA give FOC to me (the cheapo one, those u can get from credit card booth) which just broke down. Not sure if I consider lucky, never need to use the dashcam for the duration.

What I mean is my definition or purpose of car dashcam, is same like insurance, something you buy with hope you never need to use it. You only use it when u accident or need evidence. Day to day driving, doubt anyone need it unless you are constantly on the road like Grab driver or delivery fella. But, of course, when accident happen, bad luck, then, it will be good evidence. So, my definition of decent dashcam is rather simple jer, so long it can record clearly how does it accident happen, the car plate number, it is fine jor.......anything more is good to have, but not must or requirement.

That's why I would put the lowest budget if possible, that meet the above expectation, and slowly move up, add on to things good to have, like auto-loop function, park function, if the these "upgrade" does not coz significant jump from the plain vanilla dashcam.

Just like, say u want to go from point A to point B where it too far to walk. You can use either bicycle, motorbike or car. All got pro and cons, got multiple model to suit every price range. So, bicycle would suit me perfectly. Then, I told u I got a little bit extra budget and don't like tire myself, so, you recommend me motorbike. Then, I told you, I told you, also want convenient not caught in rain, then, u recommend me car. But, in car segment also, u can recommend me kancil or ferrari, both also meet my request, but the price varies significantly. So, based on my requirement and budget, then, I have option either bicycle, motorbike or kancil, ferrari is out of question, or anything above kancil is out of question, unless you have something like kancil price point but better than kancil quality/ functions.

Same analogy above, the existing one which are spoil i am using is bicycle, plain vanilla, basic unit, without auto loop, with no park function, which I think can be easily buy for less than RM100. Then, say I want to upgrade a little, to have auto-loop function, what price should i look at? What is the most basic unit (that can record accident incident and also car plate)?. Then, next upgrade, say I want park function, what will be the next price point should I look at, and what model?

Hope this explain my requirements.  biggrin.gif  notworthy.gif 
Coz I am idiot in dashcam thingy  laugh.gif and as mentioned above, my requirement is pretty basic, I don't need fancy, high tech dashcam at this moment.  laugh.gif Neither I consider myself dangerous driver nor places i drive dangerous nor I spend a lot of time on the road

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. Will put A119V3 into consideration  notworthy.gif
Great that you know what you want. That is exactly my requirement as well. That is why I did not get those high price dashcams. I know those quality very good but it's not what I want. So I did my research and took the plunge to test out these brands. So far I am happy with them all except one of the anytek brand that I don't like. The cheapo one you got are those that cost like RM50 only. Those memang cannot use. Throw away better.
abubin
post Jan 22 2020, 11:49 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Jan 22 2020, 11:20 AM)
Hi, just bought new car and thinking to install dashcam. Came across this thread and have been reading from beginning to end (skipping some pages). Starting to get a sense of specs and prices.
May I ask, if I buy from shopee / lazada, and don't want to DIY install, what is the usual price range for installation only at most shops? (Hidden wires).
I have never asked at shops but from my survey, shops charge around RM60-RM80 for front and rear installation. If you only do front, I guess they would charge around RM50. The front installation is actually very easy. The rear one would be the one that takes up a lot of work as need to tap into reverse light and pulling wire to rear is tough for sedans.
abubin
post Jan 22 2020, 03:01 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jan 22 2020, 01:52 PM)
You can DIY install by watching Youtube videos. Unless you need to do hardwire or driving a hatchback like a Myvi.

It depends on the accessories shop. rm50-150.
Sedans are actually easier to install dual dashcam. A hatchback (Myvi, Axia, Jazz, Serena) as you'll need to route the wires to the rear trunk.

Why do you need to tap the reverse light? Don't require unless you got those China dashcams with a reverse cam function.
All rear dashcams I installed have reverse cam function. Didn't know those expensive ones don't have.

As for installation, my personal experience is sedans harder cause getting the wire through from inside cabin to trunk is a bit tricky. Other than that routing the wire is basically same.
abubin
post Jan 23 2020, 03:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(shahrul09 @ Jan 23 2020, 03:13 PM)
Bought the viofo a129 IR saw the parking mode, okay la got timelapse.
Doesn’t mention anything about the thinkware like parking mode which record few sec before and after impact.

Btw anyone got written guide or video on DIY hardwire
Viofo dashcam? Myvi.
Lots of video in youtube you can follow. Tap into the CIG fuse.
abubin
post Feb 20 2020, 02:40 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(josh5671 @ Feb 20 2020, 01:52 PM)
Actually if you can't hang it on windscreen.
Why not reverse it and make it sit on dashboard....
It will not work because the angle will not be good.
abubin
post Mar 3 2020, 10:17 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 2 2020, 09:36 PM)
Hm.. I wonder why...

[attachmentid=10439510]
Why such an expensive car don't even have dashcam from factory?
abubin
post May 22 2020, 03:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(ying20495 @ May 22 2020, 03:23 PM)
Hi all Sifus,

Just wonder, hard wire dash cam will void car warranty and does it drain car battery faster?

I just bought a new car where thinking to install a dash cam.

Kindly advise. Thanks
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/ima..._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You can use this, piggyback fuse tap. It just tap on the fuse. When you want to send for warranty or checking, you can restore it back to normal first.
abubin
post Jul 6 2020, 04:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

need advice from friends here...

My car is always under the sun. So the dashcam always fall off from the double sided sticker. Already tried using 3M black and transperent type but still fall down after a while.

Any solution?
abubin
post Jul 7 2020, 11:10 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,389 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jul 6 2020, 06:48 PM)
Did you clean the surface first before sticking? Need to firmly press when sticking on the windscreen.
Yes, clean it already. The initial sticker usually will fall after few months. However, the subsequent ones will fall after few days or weeks.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th October 2022 - 02:33 AM