Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Work life balance MNC IT company in KL area?, IT Field

views

cmaicr
post Apr 16 2019, 07:51 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(static_365 @ Apr 15 2019, 08:58 AM)
My place here is hiring for IT Service Desk Analyst. Let me know if you are looking for career change.
Pm bro.

Aoko
post Jan 14 2020, 10:13 AM

15 posts

In KL area, so far I only know SWIFT in Bangsar South.

Would like to know if there is any other IT companies out there that practice flexible working hours and work from home option as well in other areas like PJ, Puchong, Subang and Shah Alam. Preferable those that practice Agile/Scrum.
SaberCortez
post Jan 14 2020, 10:19 AM

Enthusiast
710 posts

I am currently working in a Chinaman company. 9.30~6.30. I leave on time , sometimes earlier. Sometimes I work on weekends depending if I need to. But even that also boss will question why I need to work extra. I guess depends kot? But I feel like the nature of many IT people is they are a bit timid to talk against the management. I'm a bit opposite, very vocal about what I don't like or like. I earn quite ok, Just go for glassdoor review.

Fyi: If I don't like the company culture, I just move out. There is always job for programmers. Every month sure got new IT company prop out. The one should be scared is not the IT personnel, it should be the company. It's not easy to get good IT people anymore. Most of them cabut overseas.

Just my 2cent
SUSrenomahans
post Jan 14 2020, 11:25 AM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(ragk @ Apr 8 2019, 11:56 AM)
BASS shd bhd.
Worked there 3 years and only OT on weekday for twice. 1 is requested for meeting due to standby support for UAT with client from Europe, another 1 is voluntary stay to help out the junior for packing.
Did OT on the first few month's Saturday because wanted to catch up the framework, but voluntary not mandatory
British co for sure work life balance one la
Aoko
post Jan 14 2020, 03:14 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(SaberCortez @ Jan 14 2020, 10:19 AM)
I am currently working in a Chinaman company. 9.30~6.30. I leave on time , sometimes earlier. Sometimes I work on weekends depending if I need to. But even that also boss will question why I need to work extra. I guess depends kot? But I feel like the nature of many IT people is they are a bit timid to talk against the management. I'm a bit opposite, very vocal about what I don't like or like. I earn quite ok, Just go for glassdoor review.

Fyi: If I don't like the company culture, I just move out. There is always job for programmers. Every month sure got new IT company prop out. The one should be scared is not the IT personnel, it should be the company. It's not easy to get good IT people anymore. Most of them cabut overseas.

Just my 2cent
Same here. Mind to share the name of your company?

Most of the time, it is hard to tell what kind of culture before signing the offer letter. Different departments/teams might have different working culture within the same company, jadi Glassdoor reviews could not help much in this scenario.

Calling for an idea to compile a list of companies that promotes work-life balance (or not) and allow people to submit the entry anonymously...
wywy2020
post Jan 14 2020, 04:05 PM

Regular
1,636 posts

QUOTE(renomahans @ Jan 14 2020, 11:25 AM)
British co for sure work life balance one la
US difficult? Time zone different. Many meeting at night?
SaberCortez
post Jan 15 2020, 09:04 AM

Enthusiast
710 posts

QUOTE(Aoko @ Jan 14 2020, 04:14 PM)
Same here. Mind to share the name of your company?

Most of the time, it is hard to tell what kind of culture before signing the offer letter. Different departments/teams might have different working culture within the same company, jadi Glassdoor reviews could not help much in this scenario.

Calling for an idea to compile a list of companies that promotes work-life balance (or not) and allow people to submit the entry anonymously...
Nah, it was quite a while back already. But it's a vendor for banks.

My current company? I can't disclose yet. Sorry tho.

This post has been edited by SaberCortez: Jan 15 2020, 09:05 AM
filage
post Jan 15 2020, 09:34 AM

Regular
1,205 posts

Petronas ICT?

petirbuas
post Jan 15 2020, 06:02 PM

( 。◕ ‿‿ ◕。)
898 posts

QUOTE(Aoko @ Jan 14 2020, 03:14 PM)

Did you asked during the interview?
I've worked with multiple MNC that have work-life balance just fine.
filage
post Jan 15 2020, 06:40 PM

Regular
1,205 posts

Any chance a startup like 1-50 people have work life balance?
PrincZe
post Jan 15 2020, 07:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

QUOTE(filage @ Jan 15 2020, 06:40 PM)
Unlikely, and when u join a startup, prepare to have a mentality to give all the best. Reap the reward later (if it turns out good)
woodentiger86
post Jan 16 2020, 04:39 PM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

QUOTE(filage @ Jan 15 2020, 06:40 PM)
Startup unlikely.

Owners are pretty much hands-on and they surround themselves with like-minded staff - do-ers, enablers, yes men & women to get the ball rolling.

Depends what is your definition of work-life balance? Flexible hours? Able to clock off on time with little OT required?
bristlebb
post Jan 17 2020, 09:54 AM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(SaberCortez @ Jan 14 2020, 10:19 AM)

Just my 2cent
mind to disclose the company name pls, am looking for job here biggrin.gif
SaberCortez
post Jan 17 2020, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
710 posts

QUOTE(bristlebb @ Jan 17 2020, 10:54 AM)
mind to disclose the company name pls, am looking for job here  biggrin.gif
Sry bruh, I don't disclose any of the company I work in. smile.gif
surianti
post Jan 17 2020, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Orsted? Seems like work life balance according to some websites.
Kilohertz
post Jan 28 2020, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(wywy2020 @ Jan 14 2020, 04:05 PM)
US difficult? Time zone different. Many meeting at night?
Hmm, US also not difficult. ultimately it depends on your boss thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Kilohertz: Jan 28 2020, 12:01 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 AM