Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

hotlink balance deducted for unknown reason

views

TSMalaysian99
post Apr 6 2019, 07:37 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
103 posts

Hi, my mum is using iphone 6 , usually she using facebook and watch video in facebook only.
And she found the credit balance was deducted without any notification.

I check the phone had turn off in app purchase. turn off any payment options, I also have no idea what is the problem.

Any sifu can gives advise? TQ

This post has been edited by Malaysian99: Apr 6 2019, 08:36 PM
ReWeR
post Apr 6 2019, 07:43 PM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

QUOTE(Malaysian99 @ Apr 6 2019, 07:37 PM)
Hi,  my mum is using iphone 6 , usually she using facebook and watch video in facebook only.
And she found the credit balance was deducted without any notification.

I check the phone had turn off in app purchase. turn off any payment options, I also have no idea where is the problem.

Any sifu can gives advise? TQ
we have a hotlink subforum here, you can go there and ask.

i suspect it's the sms subscription she accidentally reply yes.

some sms subscription (like ringtone, or caller waiting tone) will charge you rm3 per month.

you can call hotlink customer service to check if there's any subscription under your mom's number

SUS2feidei
post Apr 6 2019, 08:06 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Apr 6 2019, 07:43 PM)
we have a hotlink subforum here, you can go there and ask.

i suspect it's the sms subscription she accidentally reply yes.

some sms subscription (like ringtone, or caller waiting tone) will charge you rm3 per month.

you can call hotlink customer service to check if there's any subscription under your mom's number
actually, there is some subscription that if you no reply, they will consider you agree with the subscription. And, no way you can remove the subscription without calling 123. I kena few time before, until I got feedup, I told the 123 fella, I do not want any more subscription, be it free or paid, other than plain vanilla, caller ID, international roaming (not data) and international call.

And, usually, I got extra 10 to 20 cent on my bill, even though I subscribe to unlimited call and sms, which they claim I call 1300 number or send MMS (previously was subscription). Nonsense mad.gif
TSMalaysian99
post Apr 6 2019, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

Thanks for the advise, I hv called 123 and yes, it was the 5 digit unknown sms cheat customer's credit balance, one sms= RM3.
MCMC should take action on these cheaters, they will keep sending RM3 sms to us if we don't reply STOP ALL, eventhough we don't subscribe their service.
(Actually I check my mum's phone I didn't found the RM 3 SMS, so weird.)

This post has been edited by Malaysian99: Apr 6 2019, 08:57 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:54 PM