Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Samsung Galaxy S10e / S10 / S10+ discussion V5, the 10th Anniversary Galaxy (Samsung)

views

Exeunt
post Yesterday, 01:47 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

i have similar encounter like you guys above,

imo, we need to try other android flagship or jump to ios or own both flagship, only then it can satisfy our thirst, luls,

myself coming from s3,s7e and transition to s10+, almost meh experience, nothing wow experience no more.. almost too bland.. the satisfaction only come from i have latest android flagship.. thats about it..
brandon8921
post Yesterday, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Anyone have face issue when opening gallery?
Mine 512gb s10+ very lag and slow when opening gallery.
About 6000 photo and 150 video in my camera album.

mastering89
post Yesterday, 03:37 PM

miao miao

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Jul 23 2019, 03:33 PM)
i had that issue before.
best option is to remove the photos/videos from phone (do backup them first tho).
although big storage, still limited in some way doh.gif

* i backup smaller version of the photo/video on google photos.
* and backup the original ones on ext hdd after some time.

brandon8921
post Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mastering89 @ Jul 23 2019, 03:37 PM)
i had that issue before.
best option is to remove the photos/videos from phone (do backup them first tho).
although big storage, still limited in some way  doh.gif

* i backup smaller version of the photo/video on google photos.
* and backup the original ones on ext hdd after some time.
I have this issue before with S8+ with 128GB sd card. I thought is the sd card that slowed the phone down.
Thats why i go for 512gb when buy this S10+. Manatau the lag and slow loading issue is still here depsite using internal memory.

turtlepace
post Yesterday, 04:28 PM

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Jul 23 2019, 03:41 PM)
I have this issue before with S8+ with 128GB  sd card. I thought is the sd card that slowed the phone down.
Thats why i go for 512gb when buy this S10+. Manatau the lag and slow loading issue is still here depsite using internal memory.
I have 6000++ photos and and around 190 vids. I'm using 128GB variant and 80% of my photos and vids are saved in my external SD card (Samsung brand). I did not encounter any lagging issue accessing any of it. My only complaint is sometimes the videos do not play automatically hmm.gif
mastering89
post Yesterday, 04:31 PM

miao miao

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Jul 23 2019, 03:41 PM)
I have this issue before with S8+ with 128GB  sd card. I thought is the sd card that slowed the phone down.
the thing is the internal memory pon even if its very fast will need to update and build the gallery cache.
building the cache for gallery take a toll on the phones performance & battery.
i had this issue before on previous phones & same on s10e. worse on sd card.

can have bigger storage, but cant have more stuff.
i cant say much doh.gif
Ethan Hunt
post Yesterday, 04:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mastering89 @ Jul 23 2019, 04:31 PM)
the thing is the internal memory pon even if its very fast will need to update and build the gallery cache.
building the cache for gallery take a toll on the phones performance & battery.
i had this issue before on previous phones & same on s10e. worse on sd card.

can have bigger storage, but cant have more stuff.
i cant say much  doh.gif
Bro, ur S10E lag if got 6000 photo is acceptable or really lag?

My previous iPhone 6s got 11k photo, not too lag. Everything seem still smooth and fast.

Xaser_3
post Yesterday, 05:21 PM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...

QUOTE(legioss @ Jul 23 2019, 06:15 AM)
Anyone has peeled off that pre-installed screen sticker and whether there is any improvement on screen quality by doing so?
I kept my pre-installed screen protector on, as I have yet to install the T-Max tempered glass. Also I notice this morning that the sides of the phone (chrome edges) have some what like clear protective stickers as well. Are we supposed to remove these or are they placed for a specific reason?
mastering89
post Yesterday, 05:31 PM

miao miao

QUOTE(Ethan Hunt @ Jul 23 2019, 04:50 PM)
Bro, ur S10E lag if got 6000 photo is acceptable or really lag?

My previous iPhone 6s got 11k photo, not too lag. Everything seem still smooth and fast.
different os different way of file management or processing perhaps.
i had this issue since using s7 edge last time, then the same on p20 pro, pocophone f1 and now s10e.

i cant remember which phone, but on one of those saw that the gallery was eating up alot of the cpu power & battery.
only after deleting the photos, everything seems fine. i assume its the gallery small thumbnail caching process was the issue.

i cant recall how many photos were there in s10e.
but i remember used almost 80+/128gb for photo/video already noticing a little slowness.
once finding photo itself becomes a hassle (especially from inside apps like fb) , i backup to pc and delete most of the photo.
still backing up to google photos automated everytime connected to wifi at home.
#Victor
post Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Jul 23 2019, 05:21 PM)
I kept my pre-installed screen protector on, as I have yet to install the T-Max tempered glass. Also I notice this morning that the sides of the phone (chrome edges) have some what like clear protective stickers as well. Are we supposed to remove these or are they placed for a specific reason?
can protect from scratches, why want to remove?
blaze91
post Yesterday, 06:14 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Exeunt @ Jul 23 2019, 01:47 PM)
i have similar encounter like you guys above,

imo, we need to try other android flagship or jump to ios or own both flagship, only then it can satisfy our thirst, luls,

myself coming from s3,s7e and transition to s10+, almost meh experience, nothing wow experience no more.. almost too bland.. the satisfaction only come from i have latest android flagship.. thats about it..
seeing from your reply Im like should I just jump ship instead of waiting for Note10 pro. Currently Note5 user... unsure.gif
Xaser_3
post Yesterday, 06:45 PM

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 23 2019, 06:06 PM)
can protect from scratches, why want to remove?
True as that was exactly what I had in mind. Some how the ones surrounding the sim tray seems scuffed a little, although not noticeable at all since I am using the dark shade Ringke fusion case. I suppose it's just my OCD'ness 😅
#Victor
post Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Jul 23 2019, 06:45 PM)
True as that was exactly what I had in mind. Some how the ones surrounding the sim tray seems scuffed a little, although not noticeable at all since I am using the dark shade Ringke fusion case. I suppose it's just my OCD'ness 😅
the only annoying is the stickers trap dust around the edges mad.gif have to wash it daily
Xaser_3
post Yesterday, 08:18 PM

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 23 2019, 08:08 PM)
the only annoying is the stickers trap dust around the edges mad.gif have to wash it daily
That is so true, Bro. Fortunate that Samsung's IP68 rating is top notch 😅
man
post Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 23 2019, 12:22 PM)
somehow even S7 fingerprint is faster than S10's ultrasonic fingerprint reader doh.gif face recognition is much faster than using fingerprint unlock
s10 fingerprint is on par with my old note 4 sweat.gif

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Jul 23 2019, 03:33 PM)
is the photo&video originally from the s10+ or you moved it from another phone? if it is from another phone i think its normal for the first several days.

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Jul 23 2019, 05:21 PM)
i removed the side stickers after i noticed that some part didnt stick well
Xaser_3
post Yesterday, 11:02 PM

QUOTE(man @ Jul 23 2019, 10:42 PM)
s10 fingerprint is on par with my old note 4  sweat.gif
is the photo&video originally from the s10+ or you moved it from another phone? if it is from another phone i think its normal for the first several days.
i removed the side stickers after i noticed that some part didnt stick well
I am also disappointed with S10's ultrasonic finger print reader considering that Samsung has rolled out OTA update to improve it. Apparently the finger print sensor is a little off the middle of the area where we place our finger. Face palm!

I took the initiative and removed it all earlier this evening since mine was starting to tear a little.
ohman
post Today, 08:34 AM

Regular

Samsung using new cpu for note 10, a 7nm instead of 8nm 9820 like s10

Now what is the price? brows.gif

user posted image

Xaser_3
post Today, 11:15 AM

QUOTE(ohman @ Jul 24 2019, 08:34 AM)
Samsung using new cpu for note 10, a 7nm instead of 8nm 9820 like s10
Now what is the price? brows.gif
user posted image
Sounds like the Note 10+ is the "to get" device which comes at a very premium price. Most likely estimate for the device would be in the RM5xxx range. Not worth upgrading coming from a S10+ user.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0818sec    2.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2019 - 01:02 PM