Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Regarding fans & airflow positions, Liquid cooling fans or normal fans ?

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Apr 5 2019, 05:04 PM, updated 3 months ago

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Hello all, I'm totally new when it comes to cooling system for the pc, I built a custom desktop few years ago, from the start my cpu is only running with 1 default fan in it, recently few days ago i noticed overheating problems arise, like pc freezes during gaming / without gaming / auto shut down / hang / lags for a period of time ( almost as if fps drops to 0 ). I believe these are the symptoms of overheating.

I decided to do something about it, but before I do that, I need to know a few things, like how many fans I should get, what type of fans / brand i should get ? And what about the airflow ? Exhaust and intake etc ?

One of my friend suggested that I just go for ID COOLING Auraflow 240 ( 2x 120mm fans attached to one piece ) liquid cooling fans. By getting that, it would suffice enough to cool down the entire rig. Below is my PC rig's spec

- i7
- SLi on 2 GTX 970
- CMSTORM Scout 2 Casing

Would appreciate some further advice / suggestions before making a decision.
TSSotsotzaii
post Apr 5 2019, 05:08 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Apr 5 2019, 05:07 PM)
time to replace the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU also while your at it.
Yup will do that as well, should I use grizzly thermal ? They say that one is not bad
TSSotsotzaii
post Apr 5 2019, 05:18 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Apr 5 2019, 05:14 PM)
well to me a good branded one will do i guess.

for your fans not necessary get the branded ones.
i have been using those cheapo made in china ones for awhile now and they work fine.
get a high CFM fan for better cooling but too high CFM will be noisy though.

also proper placement of the fans in your casing is crucial for better airflow.
Yup that's what I am thinking as well, I don't plan to go for expensive ones, that's what i want to know, how should I place my fans for proper and better airflow ? I'm using cm scout 2 casing, i can put 2 on the top, 2 on the front, and 2 of the left side i think.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0858sec    3.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2019 - 05:57 PM