Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda Prelude 2.0 SI Auto, Anyone knows how to repair?

views

TShungryJack
post Jun 20 2007, 11:37 PM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
272 posts

Hi all,

My lovely car Prelude 2.0 SI Auto got some problem laa ...
The symptom is like this ... when i drive my car, sometimes out of sudden the "check engine light" will be turned on ... then my car will start "move forward and backward, in cantonese we called it CHOK" (hope u can understand what i mean)
which is not smooth ... whenever i floor the accelerator pedal more ... then it will stable back ... without floor pedal ... the problem comes again ... Thus, if i turn off my engine, and turn on after a few second, the "Check Engine light" will be turned off ... then ok already .. but this is intermitted issue ... i don wan this will keep happening ... very harassing ... And would like to tell u that, whenever i start my engine in cold state, My RPM will up to 1500rpm in 'N' or 'P' gear ... its pretty high ... and some of the time hardly to start engine ... i suspect these 3 symptoms are related each other ...
Then i try to look for those foreman to fix for me ... mostly they said they "ONLY" able to rectify the problem when the car with "Check engine light" is turn on ... thats is ridiculous right? How am i going to wait until my car got problem only come back to your workshop?

Anyone know where got better workshop and Honda Service Centre knows how to repair my car? Highly appreciated for your kindness for help
jceh83
post Jun 21 2007, 12:00 AM

two stepping all the way..
1,234 posts

your car is jerking and i suspect its your compressor problem
imperialrealcs
post Jun 21 2007, 02:00 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

have u tried with aircond off?
VT-Ten
post Jun 21 2007, 12:15 PM

On my way
520 posts

cheap way to resolve this: download the ECU checklight code. tab the checklight to get the error code. identify what's at fault and get the mech to change whatever is faulty.

expensive way: drive to honda service center. they'll do exactly the same thing, at the same time "sembelih" you.

cheers
TShungryJack
post Jun 21 2007, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(VT-Ten @ Jun 21 2007, 12:15 PM)
cheap way to resolve this: download the ECU checklight code. tab the checklight to get the error code. identify what's at fault and get the mech to change whatever is faulty.

expensive way: drive to honda service center. they'll do exactly the same thing, at the same time "sembelih" you.

cheers
Thanks for your info ... i would like to know were most of the small workshop do have the device to check the ECU?
I found out there is one website have those description of error code. Was those information applicable to my prelude?
I also don wan "give Honda sembelih" oso sweat.gif ... bcoz 1 month ago, the fellow help me tukar this tukar that, spend me RM1K and the problem still persist ... really cry oso no energy laa ... cry.gif
VT-Ten
post Jun 21 2007, 02:00 PM

On my way
520 posts

hungryJack,

Do you know your ECU model? ie P30 for Honda EG9 or P72 (im not sure) for DC2 Integra Type R.

obtain that ECU model and google around. If dun have, sometimes car model also helps, but bear in mind that different continent might be using different ECU despite the same car model.

Happy Googling.

Shock
post Jun 26 2007, 10:44 PM

On my way
518 posts

what i suggest, change the spark plugs, and ur maybe ur spark plug cable. if problem still there, then check ur ECU, jerk normaly cuase by spark plug, ECU intake or mixing problem..
Vervain
post Jun 27 2007, 12:43 AM

Scathach
5,458 posts

same symptom as my old bluebird u12 but EGI model. but mine was distributor worn out. last, i was forced to refurbish the distributor as there aren't any more even at kedai ptg.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:48 PM