Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[wta] budget DAP

views

TSkasturiGM
post Mar 31 2019, 10:19 PM, updated 5y ago

26 posts

hi,
could u guys recommend me a good bang for the buck DAP. within rm300 would be great, use or new.
i am planning to pair it with my kz as10. i want the DAP closest to versatile and all rounder that suits many genres.
i have my eyes on several of them. fiio x3ii, xduoo xii, sony a45, to name a few. which of those that has depth in bass. because i consider myself a basshead. love good punchy and tight bass that balance with overall tones. at first im interested in buying xduoo x3ii, but one of the review i read state that the player is lack of depth in bass. but a review can only tell so much and it is really subjective. anyway my current DAP is hifiman megamini.
thank u.
aceedburn
post Apr 1 2019, 10:05 AM

Crazy Musicphile!
552 posts

I would recommend thebit Opus#1 if you can find a second hand one. Your price range within RM300 doesn’t leave you with much choice with the specs you’re opting for. Within RM600 you should be able to find far better choices like the opus and fiio x3iii
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 1 2019, 10:29 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(aceedburn @ Apr 1 2019, 10:05 AM)
I would recommend thebit Opus#1 if you can find a second hand one. Your price range within RM300 doesn’t leave you with much choice with the specs you’re opting for. Within RM600 you should be able to find far better choices like the opus and fiio x3iii
thanks for the suggestion. for now i could settle with those budget. maybe not the best one, but the best one in that budget.

ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 1 2019, 05:17 PM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 1 2019, 10:29 AM)
thanks for the suggestion. for now i could settle with those budget. maybe not the best one, but the best one in that budget.
try to look for Xduoo x2, fiio m3k or shanling m0. Maybe some chi-fi DAP
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 1 2019, 05:35 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 1 2019, 05:17 PM)
try to look for Xduoo x2, fiio m3k or shanling m0. Maybe some chi-fi DAP
yes, those are what i have in mind. but i have never test them out. i am interested in xduoo x3ii actually. i wonder how it is compared to fiio x3? i have tested out fiio x3 gen 1 before. is gen 2 version better? i even consider dodocool. it is the cheapest amongst them all. i hope the next dap i bought would be a step up to my previous megamini or it would just be a waste.

ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 2 2019, 08:25 AM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 1 2019, 05:35 PM)
yes, those are what i have in mind. but i have never test them out. i am interested in xduoo x3ii actually. i wonder how it is compared to fiio x3? i have tested out fiio x3 gen 1 before. is gen 2 version better? i even consider dodocool. it is the cheapest amongst them all. i hope the next dap i bought would be a step up to my previous megamini or it would just be a waste.
Not sure which one is better as I only heard the fiio x3ii out of all you've mentioned and I thought it sounded pretty good. It has good slam and detail with airy representation. Quite good for its price to be honest. Surprisingly enough that there are times I prefer the M0 over the fiio and hiby r3 most (all maybe) of the time.

btw, fiio m3k is another good option.

This post has been edited by ahmadfaizadnan: Apr 2 2019, 08:28 AM
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 2 2019, 10:16 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 2 2019, 08:25 AM)
Not sure which one is better as I only heard the fiio x3ii out of all you've mentioned and I thought it sounded pretty good. It has good slam and detail with airy representation. Quite good for its price to be honest. Surprisingly enough that there are times I prefer the M0 over the fiio and hiby r3 most (all maybe) of the time.

btw, fiio m3k is another good option.
yes, i have only tried fiio x3. back then second gen wasn't even out yet but i am impressed with the overall tone and soundstage. so fiio is like my benchmark now. if anything is on par with fiio x3, it is good enough for me. since xduoo is in my budget range and i can get it new, i really hope that it is as good as it claimed. it even got bluetooth. not that i used it often, but it is nice to have one.
ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 2 2019, 12:03 PM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 2 2019, 10:16 AM)
yes, i have only tried fiio x3. back then second gen wasn't even out yet but i am impressed with the overall tone and soundstage. so fiio is like my benchmark now. if anything is on par with fiio x3, it is good enough for me. since xduoo is in my budget range and i can get it new, i really hope that it is as good as it claimed. it even got bluetooth. not that i used it often, but it is nice to have one.
the xduoo has a lot of functionality and if it offers good sound, that's a bargain. I saw one at rm459, but not sure if you can get it under rm300.
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 2 2019, 12:32 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 2 2019, 12:03 PM)
the xduoo has a lot of functionality and if it offers good sound, that's a bargain. I saw one at rm459, but not sure if you can get it under rm300.
if it sounds on par with the fiio x3, ill definitely take it. it is retailed at rm300++ now. but after reading this review, i have doubt.

https://headfonics.com/2018/07/xduoo-x3ii-review/

ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 2 2019, 03:27 PM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 2 2019, 12:32 PM)
if it sounds on par with the fiio x3, ill definitely take it. it is retailed at rm300++ now. but after reading this review, i have doubt.

https://headfonics.com/2018/07/xduoo-x3ii-review/
Yeah, Mike Piskor is not a fan of 4490 dac chip. But, I don't think it's bad but personal preferences instead. If you can go for a try, that's better I think.
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 2 2019, 03:43 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 2 2019, 03:27 PM)
Yeah, Mike Piskor is not a fan of 4490 dac chip. But, I don't think it's bad but personal preferences instead. If you can go for a try, that's better I think.
i am looking for a unit for a try, but can't find one. i am afraid it will sound like my megamini. it is not that bad too, but since it got no eq and u have to listen as is, it got no room to tweak.
ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 2 2019, 09:01 PM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 2 2019, 03:43 PM)
i am looking for a unit for a try, but can't find one. i am afraid it will sound like my megamini. it is not that bad too, but since it got no eq and u have to listen as is, it got no room to tweak.
I see. Have you tried stars picker, amplified or jaben?
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 3 2019, 09:58 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 2 2019, 09:01 PM)
not yet, not sure they have one to try.
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 3 2019, 10:03 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 2 2019, 09:01 PM)
also plan to letgo my megamini. by any chance u know other place to sell than here, mudah, carousell, or facebook?
ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 3 2019, 11:37 AM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 3 2019, 10:03 AM)
also plan to letgo my megamini. by any chance u know other place to sell than here, mudah, carousell, or facebook?
Hmmm in Malaysia I am not sure. I use Head-fi but you might wanna consider international shipping.
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 3 2019, 12:09 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 3 2019, 11:37 AM)
Hmmm in Malaysia I am not sure. I use Head-fi but you might wanna consider international shipping.
i thought of international shipping but not sure it's worth it. not sure about the cost. not sure if it made it there.

ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 4 2019, 12:06 AM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 3 2019, 12:09 PM)
i thought of international shipping but not sure it's worth it. not sure about the cost. not sure if it made it there.
The concern is legit but I think my major concern is just cost and not sure if it's worth it.
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 4 2019, 05:33 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 4 2019, 12:06 AM)
The concern is legit but I think my major concern is just cost and not sure if it's worth it.
just sold my megamini. now back to sourcing dap biggrin.gif .

slight change of budget. what's good for 500 ish budget. sony a55 seems like a pretty good deal.

ahmadfaizadnan
post Apr 4 2019, 09:08 AM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(kasturiGM @ Apr 4 2019, 05:33 AM)
just sold my megamini. now back to sourcing dap  biggrin.gif .

slight change of budget. what's good for 500 ish budget. sony a55 seems like a pretty good deal.
Congrats! The sony is trusted but I never heard the sound so not sure. Really wanna suggest the hiby r3 but if you use spotify, might not be a good choice
TSkasturiGM
post Apr 4 2019, 10:22 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Apr 4 2019, 09:08 AM)
Congrats! The sony is trusted but I never heard the sound so not sure. Really wanna suggest the hiby r3 but if you use spotify, might not be a good choice
thanks, i am going to starpicker soon. i am sure to put the hiby on the list.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:47 AM