Goodyear F1A5, Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

views

TSsenscents
post Mar 31 2019, 04:34 PM, updated 3y ago

Casual
405 posts

user posted image

When will this tyre land on our shore?
It has been a few months since the launch date, anyone has any inside news ?

Good news for those looking for alternative shoes for their ride.

This post has been edited by senscents: Sep 7 2019, 07:30 PM
6UE5T
post Apr 1 2019, 05:32 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

There will be also the F1 Supersport series.
TSsenscents
post Apr 1 2019, 07:40 PM

Casual
405 posts

Yeah.. for the 3 types of SuperSport series, it is the upper end market. Don't think they will bring in so soon.

As for the F1A5, hope to see it sooner, cause ps4 having quite a good following here, even thou it's slightly cheaper when it was launched 2 1/2 years ago.

It's good to have a healthy competition. Hope that this F1A5 fare well in the comming reviews, as the F1A3 did not fare well against ps4 in the past 2 years.

overfloe
post Apr 2 2019, 09:39 AM

Ain't nothing but a thang..
2,058 posts

Seems like can fight CPC6: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Goody...tact-6-Test.htm

6UE5T
post Apr 2 2019, 11:59 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Apr 2 2019, 09:39 AM)
Hmm based on that test numbers, the CPC6 actually should be slightly ahead of the f1a5.

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Apr 2 2019, 12:02 PM
wkc5657
post Apr 3 2019, 01:24 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Apr 2 2019, 11:59 AM)
Hmm based on that test numbers, the CPC6 actually should be slightly ahead of the f1a5.
CPC6 exterior motif pattern genuinely sucks, looks just like cheapo tyre brand even from a distance. I saw it on one car driven by a manager from singapore, i can't believe it was the CPC6 until i really took a good look.

So F1A5 sure win here biggrin.gif
6UE5T
post Apr 3 2019, 02:30 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Apr 3 2019, 01:24 PM)
CPC6 exterior motif pattern genuinely sucks, looks just like cheapo tyre brand even from a distance. I saw it on one car driven by a manager from singapore, i can't believe it was the CPC6 until i really took a good look.

So F1A5 sure win here biggrin.gif
Oh is it? Hahaha I don't really care much about sidewall designs but generally Goodyear F1 and Michelin PS series are good ones. My CSC5 sidewall also not so good looking last time.
TSsenscents
post Sep 7 2019, 07:37 PM

Casual
405 posts

Are the asymmetric A5 more suitable for our rainy weather?

Pic taken from tyrereviews

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by senscents: Sep 7 2019, 09:11 PM
6UE5T
post Sep 8 2019, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Sep 7 2019, 07:37 PM)
Are the asymmetric A5 more suitable for our rainy weather?

Pic taken from tyrereviews

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Yes, F1A5 is similar to PS4, very good in the wet coz still have more water channels and cuts, and also slightly softer construction. As the category gets higher, it shifts more focus towards dry grip so need more rubber at the expense of water channels, and stiffer construction.
TSsenscents
post Sep 9 2019, 04:53 PM

Casual
405 posts

Well,, what do you know 😁 The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 landed on our shore recently.

Having their latest tech of Impulse Control Compound, ActiveBraking Technology & Power Cushion Technology

With just 2 sizes for the moment 225/45/R17 and 235/50/R18.

This suck if you need to claim the tyre. Taken from our malaysia Goodyear website.

TYRE REPLACEMENT ENTITLEMENT PERIOD & CLAIM

Tyre replacement entitlement is applicable within 6 months from the date of purchase and remaining tread depth must be more than 6.0mm.

user posted image
6UE5T
post Sep 10 2019, 11:16 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

Exciting times. smile.gif
rocketeer_ace
post Sep 11 2019, 02:49 PM

19 posts

Yipee.... New running shoes for my beast
TSsenscents
post Nov 12 2021, 04:35 PM

Casual
405 posts

Has anyone change to this Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tyre ?

Seems that this F1A5 are not properly stock up, as it not well received here.
Being trying to enquire a few size for R17 from Goodyear but no stock.🤔

Any forum member that has purchase or know any shops that carry this F1A5? Searching for size 225/59/R17
Appreciate your input.
sean_2301 P
post Nov 16 2021, 08:45 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Nov 12 2021, 04:35 PM)
Has anyone change to this Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tyre ?

Seems that this F1A5 are not properly stock up, as it not well received here.
Being trying to enquire a few size for R17 from Goodyear but no stock.🤔

Any forum member that has purchase or know any shops that carry this F1A5? Searching for size 225/59/R17
Appreciate your input.
I recently changed mine at Hup Shun SS3 but different size from yours. Mine are 245/40/18 & 265/35/18 on my F32. I went into Goodyear Malaysia website and contacted almost 10 different branches to get my staggered set up. Put the stock availability aside, even the prices are very much different every shop. Some are reasonable, some are expensive by almost RM1,000 per set, therefore you really need to make your enquiries to ensure you get the best offer.

The performance of the tyre, I am very impressed. I have driven to Penang and back to KL twice since change, experienced both dry and wet conditions and indeed it feels like the rubber grip is excellent. The car feels as if it is holding the road surface better and better at higher speed. I previously used PS4, I have to admit that Asmy5 is slightly more comfortable. Is the grip better or worse than PS4? Honestly I can't tell. Both are very good tyres in my opinion and on par.

Only downside is that the price is similar to PS4 or even more expensive quoted by some shops. And as you questioned, stocks are hard to be found. I will have to see how is the wear (PS4 lasted only 15km for front for me) and decide whether to stick to Asmy5 or back to PS4 or try MC6 next round. If the wear is better than PS4, I think I have found my fixed tyre model until a better one is introduced.
DS51
post Nov 16 2021, 04:46 PM

Casual
470 posts

QUOTE(sean_2301 @ Nov 16 2021, 08:45 AM)

Only downside is that the price is similar to PS4 or even more expensive quoted by some shops. And as you questioned, stocks are hard to be found. I will have to see how is the wear (PS4 lasted only 15km for front for me) and decide whether to stick to Asmy5 or back to PS4 or try MC6 next round. If the wear is better than PS4, I think I have found my fixed tyre model until a better one is introduced.
Fuh..PS4 last only 15k km..u always full throttle at traffic light or cruise 200+kmh at highway?. as I find it is a bit ridiculous wear. I currently on ps4 as well.
6UE5T
post Nov 16 2021, 09:56 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

I recently changed mine at Hup Shun SS3 but different size from yours. Mine are 245/40/18 & 265/35/18 on my F32. I went into Goodyear Malaysia website and contacted almost 10 different branches to get my staggered set up. Put the stock availability aside, even the prices are very much different every shop. Some are reasonable, some are expensive by almost RM1,000 per set, therefore you really need to make your enquiries to ensure you get the best offer.

The performance of the tyre, I am very impressed. I have driven to Penang and back to KL twice since change, experienced both dry and wet conditions and indeed it feels like the rubber grip is excellent. The car feels as if it is holding the road surface better and better at higher speed. I previously used PS4, I have to admit that Asmy5 is slightly more comfortable. Is the grip better or worse than PS4? Honestly I can't tell. Both are very good tyres in my opinion and on par.

QUOTE(DS51 @ Nov 16 2021, 04:46 PM)
Fuh..PS4 last only 15k km..u always full throttle at traffic light or cruise 200+kmh at highway?. as I find it is a bit ridiculous wear. I currently on ps4 as well.
Strange that your PS4 only lasted so short at 15k km, and even more weird that it's for the front on a RWD car??! I would think for a RWD car, the tire wear should be much more balanced between front and rear and if driven aggressively should normally wear out the rear sooner instead of the front.
sean_2301 P
post Nov 16 2021, 10:13 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Nov 16 2021, 09:56 PM)
Strange that your PS4 only lasted so short at 15k km, and even more weird that it's for the front on a RWD car??!  I would think for a RWD car, the tire wear should be much more balanced between front and rear and if driven aggressively should normally wear out the rear sooner instead of the front.
Aduh 🤦‍♂️ sorry for the confusion guys, it's the rear that worn out first. I was mistaken as I kept remembering I had to change front tgt cuz wanted to keep same brand and model upon rears needed to be changed.

But yeah personally I really felt strange too cuz I didn't expect the PS4 set to last so short. It was the shortest lifespan I experienced in years. One assumption is that it could be because of the stretched set up I had on my 8.5J and 9.5J after market rims with stock 225 & 255 sized PS4. That is why I would like to see how long the current Asmy5 will last for and see the difference. Perhaps I might not have enough data to judge with just yet, especially with no apple to apple comparison. But thought it might help chipping in a bit of my experience here.
6UE5T
post Nov 17 2021, 09:09 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(sean_2301 @ Nov 16 2021, 10:13 PM)
Aduh 🤦‍♂️ sorry for the confusion guys, it's the rear that worn out first. I was mistaken as I kept remembering I had to change front tgt cuz wanted to keep same brand and model upon rears needed to be changed.

But yeah personally I really felt strange too cuz I didn't expect the PS4 set to last so short. It was the shortest lifespan I experienced in years. One assumption is that it could be because of the stretched set up I had on my 8.5J and 9.5J after market rims with stock 225 & 255 sized PS4. That is why I would like to see how long the current Asmy5 will last for and see the difference. Perhaps I might not have enough data to judge with just yet, especially with no apple to apple comparison. But thought it might help chipping in a bit of my experience here.
Those sizes are still not stretched actually. Probably camber setup a bit high and/or driving style more aggressive. PS4 normally at least can last up to 40k km.
TSsenscents
post Nov 17 2021, 04:12 PM

Casual
405 posts

Thanks for the head-up. will enquire from them.
i think they don't produce my tyre size 225/50/R17 here as the demand for it are low.
Just hopping that some parallel importer has more tyre size to choose from.

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Nov 17 2021, 09:09 AM)
Those sizes are still not stretched actually. Probably camber setup a bit high and/or driving style more aggressive. PS4 normally at least can last up to 40k km.
I'm on my 2nd sets of PS4 and each set lasted ~ 35K km.
They are just right for me to last ~24months then it's time to change.
Ever since Goodyear launch the Eagle F1A5, I've being eager to try it out but they are very slow to bring in their top range tyre.🤔

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:14 PM