Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Remote Key Battery, Honda City 2017

views

TSO-haiyo
post Mar 26 2019, 09:41 AM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
854 posts

Hi Guys,

This morning when starting my car, it give me alarm sound and display on the dashboard that my car remote key battery level is low. My question is:

1. How long normally a key battery can last? It's weird that my first key lasted for about 1.5 years while the spare key lasted only for a few months?
2. How long can I still use the remote key until it totally be dead (after the warning)?
3. If the battery is dead, and I open the car manually (using key), will there be alarm sound?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by O-haiyo: Mar 26 2019, 09:41 AM
JZenith
post Mar 26 2019, 10:08 AM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Mar 26 2019, 09:41 AM)
Hi Guys,

This morning when starting my car, it give me alarm sound and display on the dashboard that my car remote key battery level is low. My question is:

1. How long normally a key battery can last? It's weird that my first key lasted for about 1.5 years while the spare key lasted only for a few months?
2. How long can I still use the remote key until it totally be dead (after the warning)?
3. If the battery is dead, and I open the car manually (using key), will there be alarm sound?
Thanks.
1. spare key you put there also eat battery what.. unless u pull out the battery.
2. how can you use the remote key if totally dead leh..? if show you low then just go change nia.. mayb still can use for 1 week or less
3. why dont you try yourself leh??
abubin
post Mar 26 2019, 10:51 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Hi Guys,

Thanks.
1. This is weair. Usually car battery can last very long. My Honda City lasted over 7 years as I have just changed the battery recently. You must have an invisible monkey that presses you remote every few minutes. LOL
2. Get it changed immediately and keep spare batteries at home because of answer number 3.
3. If you unlock the car manually using the key, the alarm will still sound. It will not stop until you use the remote to disarm it. Usually there are manual override button to disable the alarm with the key. However, seems like Honda City does not have this feature and must rely on the remote fob to disable the alarm. Take note this is what I found for my Honda City 2010. Since yours is newer, maybe they have implemented the manual disarm feature. You can always check with Honda SC on this.
TSO-haiyo
post Mar 26 2019, 10:55 AM

Enthusiast
854 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Mar 26 2019, 10:51 AM)
1. This is weair. Usually car battery can last very long. My Honda City lasted over 7 years as I have just changed the battery recently. You must have an invisible monkey that presses you remote every few minutes. LOL
2. Get it changed immediately and keep spare batteries at home because of answer number 3.
3. If you unlock the car manually using the key, the alarm will still sound. It will not stop until you use the remote to disarm it. Usually there are manual override button to disable the alarm with the key. However, seems like Honda City does not have this feature and must rely on the remote fob to disable the alarm. Take note this is what I found for my Honda City 2010. Since yours is newer, maybe they have implemented the manual disarm feature. You can always check with Honda SC on this.
Thanks bro. Ya, find it weird so fast battery low. Was using myvi, nv change the battery for 7 years.
Anyway, thanks again for the info.
Zaryl
post Mar 26 2019, 01:42 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Honda city 2017 key fob is ALWAYS TRANSMITTING signal, including your spare key fob.

hence the battery will definitely drain out throughout the year.

better standby a CR1616 button 3V lithium battery to replace it.
cempedaklife
post Mar 26 2019, 02:01 PM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

My spare key battery actually drained completely even before my main one does.
TSO-haiyo
post Mar 26 2019, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
854 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Mar 26 2019, 01:42 PM)
Honda city 2017 key fob is ALWAYS TRANSMITTING signal, including your spare key fob.

hence the battery will definitely drain out throughout the year.

better standby a CR1616 button 3V lithium battery to replace it.
Seriously bro? doh.gif
Zaryl
post Mar 26 2019, 02:20 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Mar 26 2019, 02:15 PM)
Seriously bro? doh.gif
yup it's true.

i read somewhere on local car forums not long ago (forgot the site though) . one guy got open the fob and check the circuitry with lab equipments and he finds that the signal always transmitting.

there's no way to turn it off manually though.
abubin
post Mar 26 2019, 04:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Mar 26 2019, 02:20 PM)
yup it's true.

i read somewhere on local car forums not long ago (forgot the site though) . one guy got open the fob and check the circuitry with lab equipments and he finds that the signal always transmitting.

there's no way to turn it off manually though.
It doesn't make sense for them to transmit the signal all the time. That is a security issue already because people can use signal scanner to intercept the signal and hack the alarm.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/investigators/ca...ists/1326439455

Hmm..maybe this is technology for new cars or those with keyless start?
Zaryl
post Mar 26 2019, 04:46 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Mar 26 2019, 04:42 PM)
It doesn't make sense for them to transmit the signal all the time. That is a security issue already because people can use signal scanner to intercept the signal and hack the alarm.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/investigators/ca...ists/1326439455

Hmm..maybe this is technology for new cars or those with keyless start?
yes, for keyless start engine modern cars.

your honda city 2017 is one of them right?

come to think of it, if the fob does not transmit signal all the time, then how your car is going to open for you when coming near to the car?
unless we use the old remote control with button then it is another story.

abubin
post Mar 26 2019, 05:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Mar 26 2019, 04:46 PM)
yes, for keyless start engine modern cars.

your honda city 2017 is one of them right?

come to think of it, if the fob does not transmit signal all the time, then how your car is going to open for you when coming near to the car?
unless we use the old remote control with button then it is another story.
Yup make sense. Understand now. BTW, not my car.
Autocountstick
post Jul 28 2020, 12:53 AM

Casual
465 posts

all sifu, need help. my remote sudden blinking and press the unlock button not working. i tried use spare key but same blinking. i thought the battery drain so i change the battery CR1620 but still not working.please help !!!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:23 AM