TSdefaultname365
post Mar 20 2019, 03:32 PM, updated 5y ago

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Official Site
IMDB
Wikipedia

user posted image

Us is a 2019 American psychological horror film written and directed by Jordan Peele. The film stars Lupita Nyong'o,
Winston Duke, Elisabeth Moss, and Tim Heidecker, and follows a family who are confronted by a group of doppelgängers.

The project was first announced in February 2018, and much of the cast joined that summer. Peele produced the film alongside Jason
Blum and Sean McKittrick (with the trio previously having collaborated on Get Out and BlacKkKlansman), as well as Ian Cooper. Filming
took place from July to October 2018 in California.

Us had its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 8, 2019 and is scheduled for release in the United States on March 22, 2019,
by Universal Pictures. The film was praised for its screenplay, direction, acting, musical score and cinematography, with IGN calling it a
"marvelous new American horror story."

Cast
Lupita Nyong'o as Adelaide Wilson (née Thomas)
Winston Duke as Gabriel "Gabe" Wilson
Evan Alex as Jason Wilson
Shahadi Wright Joseph as Zora Wilson
Elisabeth Moss as Kitty Tyler
Tim Heidecker as Josh Tyler
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Russell Thomas
Anna Diop as Rayne Thomas
Cali and Noelle Sheldon as Gwen and Maggie Tyler
Duke Nicholson as Todd Murray
Kara Hayward as Nancy
Nathan Harrington as Glen

Trailer

user posted image

jlsq
post Mar 21 2019, 05:03 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

Oh yeah jordan peele. Looking forward to this
Slyp
post Mar 24 2019, 05:35 PM

Enthusiast
903 posts

any reviews for this movie?
domcobb
post Mar 25 2019, 06:38 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

This movie has been on my radar since it’s production days and having watched it over the weekend, I gotta say, this is one dope a** psycho horror movie, with a good balance of humor, suspense, and drama, all rolled up within a roller-coaster ride, that’ll make one to think back of all the moments in the movie, when the credit rolls!

Lupita was brilliant in here.
She is darn good. She is also darn good.
Yeah, I wrote that twice.
You’ll understand why after watching the movie.

The other cast members i.e. Winston, Shahadi and Evan, all delivered their parts on point.

Jordan Peele did it again!
He weaves elements, traits, and characteristics into this movie, so seamlessly, that you never notice them until after all is done. It was perfect, in that context.
With so many superhero movies going around, and I gotta say, it is starting to feel a little stale; this movie was more than just a breath of fresh air for me.

If you are into creepy, sinister, thriller, then this is a movie to watch.
Even If you are not into those genre, check this movie out because there’s a lot to think about when the movie is over.

There are certain parts that’s either partially explained or completely left out or just doesn’t make sense, but neither of them will hurt your experience while watching this movie. In fact, if anything, it will spur you to imagine things.

I recommend this movie. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by domcobb: Mar 25 2019, 06:44 AM
6so
post Mar 25 2019, 08:05 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Depending on what you expect out of it? This is not that movie gonna topple Get Out. It's a bit like MNS's Unbreakable follow-up to Sixth Sense. A solid sophomore effort but still short of that instant classic status. While there are some originality to the story but to me it doesn't move away from "a very good episode of Black Mirror" equivalence, especially Peele is headlining Twilight Zone reboot.

Those who loves to decipher the hidden meaning of the underlying theme can go nuts about it as they are very metaphorical. It just didn't come together nicely like a good light bulb igniting moment during the big reveal. Still, a good watch but Ari Aster's Midsommar might pose a stiffer challenge later this year.
Zaszo
post Mar 25 2019, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

Great acting from Lupita, Great music accompany with beautiful shot , Great backstory for the world and character.The kids were really good in playing the counter part of their selves. Great social commentary ( if you into this stuff ) .

Jordan Peele has played all the card in horror/thriller movie really beautifully.

Looking foward for his next project.
ulwan25
post Mar 26 2019, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,054 posts

Just watched it with my wife. Movie-addict sure don't want to miss this film! But it could get a bit confusing but I'm sure it's worth the extra research on the internet.

Solid 9/10. Truly amazing movie for 2019!
jlsq
post Mar 26 2019, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

the plot twist at the end
rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
Mov_freak
post Mar 28 2019, 04:16 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Us (2019)

Wow

Jordan Peele is turning into a goto director for thrills and suspense.

First Get Out (2017) and now Us (2019).

Will he be the next Alfred Hitchcock or (and I don't want to jinx him) M. Night Shyamalan.... tongue.gif

In homage to Alfred Hitchcock he even did a The Birds (1963) scene!!

To fully appreciate this movie, you would have to have lived through 1986.

And I have... laugh.gif

Hands Across America, Michael Jackson's (is this a dirty word now??) Thriller Album...

Lupita Nyong'o is amazing here.

And Winston Duke (M'Baku) plays.... the comedic relief?? laugh.gif

This movie, draws you in, getting you more and more involved and than when you least expects it, hits you with the revelation at the end!!! blink.gif

If you like thriller and suspense, this is THE movie for you.

Enjoy.

My Two Sen.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Mar 28 2019, 04:16 PM
Calvin871989
post Jun 13 2019, 10:55 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

Damn. Wow. Speechless.

I thought Get Out (2017) was solid good but in my opinion this is slightly better to my liking and it's no doubt the best movie I've watch so far in 2019. I feel really regret never watch Get Out and Us at the cinema. Dang it !

If your into horror and thriller then do consider watching this movie. Yep there is also a bit humor in this too which is nice to balance it out. The plot and acting is really spot on from all the cast. However , Lupita Nyong'o performance was the best because she had to play two roles ? Director Jordan Peele really did a good job on this film. Props to him and everyone else for giving audience this movie. Can't wait for his next project.

Oh and the plot twist at the end was like wtf ... Leaving me hanging and thinking all day long. Actually , the first 5 minutes or so starting of the movie already got me thinking and that's how it got my attention. Just planted myself there and kept asking for more and got me thinking more of wtf was going on.

Haha I like how people killing people using a scissor. Is this a new thing ? Still cant beat zombie killing human and turning them into zombie. That's still classic to me.

Ok this movie gets a good rating from me personally and if you haven't watch it do so you won't regret it !

9.5/10

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:38 PM