Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Setup WiFi in the car, Share WiFi but not hot spot.

views

TSwigneswr
post Mar 15 2019, 05:14 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
59 posts

Gents.. What's the best way to setup WiFi sharing in the car other than hot-spot? Want to set a dedicated line just for wifi/entertainment in the car so the kids n wife can watch something online on their iPad etc etc. Do not want to set hot-spot from my phone as I've got very low data plan.
Please suggest the most practical way. Thank you!
acbc
post Mar 15 2019, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Get Yoodo with 2GB plan plus mobile router. The plan is RM 12 per month and MiFi between RM 200-300 used from Garage Sale.
cruel_boy
post Mar 15 2019, 05:21 PM

BeyONd cRUelIty LieS sIVa
913 posts

get mifi modem bundled with broadband package.

but honestly i prefer those that plug in to usb port directly rather than the one that comes with build in battery.
hightechgadgets8
post Mar 15 2019, 05:29 PM

Rất Vui Được làm quen với bạn
5,646 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Mar 15 2019, 05:18 PM)
Get Yoodo with 2GB plan plus mobile router. The plan is RM 12 per month and MiFi between RM 200-300 used from Garage Sale.
doubt 2gb enough
TSwigneswr
post Mar 15 2019, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah.. 2gb might not be enough. Peppa Pig and gang will consume more than that!
SleeplessEyes
post Mar 16 2019, 12:12 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(wigneswr @ Mar 15 2019, 05:39 PM)
Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah.. 2gb might not be enough. Peppa Pig and gang will consume more than that!
Dont be surprised that kids they do not limit their time on Youtube. Thats why i install an app called App Off Timer (or Stay Focus - for those using China phones such as Huawei , Oppo, etc) to shutdown the app after a specific nunber of minutes or block at specific timing e.g 9pm onwards.

This effectively control their usage and also protect your data plan.

Based on real life experience - within 30 mins my son uses up 300mb plus of my data just by watching Youtube kids alone. So there u are. 2gb will disappear in a flash.

(Note: My own personal line, Tunetalk & Maxis doesnt have separare Video quota unlike Umobile or Digi)

Unfortunately if you want to use Mifi you need to subscribe to a plan which is non unlimited data as most telco dont allow hotspot / tethering on unlimited plans. Which includes plugging into MIFI.
Only Digi prepaid allows daily Video unlimited with tethering. Thats the cold hard truth.

So usually my kids uses my wife's phone and watch directly from there cause daddy here wont allow his children to touch his phone. Unless one of them already use one and needs another one..

P. S - You will be surprised what content is inside youtube kids. Mostly rubbish and advertising focused video. Avenger heros can be very very unexplainably wierd looking inside Youtube kids.

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Mar 16 2019, 03:27 PM
Chrix
post Mar 16 2019, 03:19 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

Boss...certain telco don’t count YouTube toward ur monthly quota. Eg u mobile

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:53 PM