Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Renders

views

TSdylan_chng
post Mar 15 2019, 11:19 AM, updated 35m ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Feel free to submit car renders of your own and feel free to comment on other peoples work. Positive and negative feedback are welcomed.

Rules for submission:
- Renders must be original. The author of a render should also be the person who posts.
- Renders must not include profanity.

Let your work do the talking. A description is optional.

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Mar 15 2019, 11:22 AM
mingyuyu
post Mar 15 2019, 12:41 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Group: Elite

wrong section?

*opps thought i was in /k*

very few people in Malaysia that does car rendering so i guess you wouldn't get any response

This post has been edited by mingyuyu: Mar 15 2019, 12:43 PM
TSdylan_chng
post Mar 16 2019, 03:41 PM

Getting Started

This is my attempt on a facelifted Exora. I've incorporated the side door moulding, rear boot trim piece, front bumper, front grille, shark fin antenna, fuel filler cap, rear wiper and alloy wheels from the Iriz FL. I've also incorporated a floating roof design like on the latest Serena.

The left image is original while the right image is my render. The original images are from Proton's official website.

Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Mar 16 2019, 03:43 PM
TSdylan_chng
post Mar 16 2019, 03:49 PM

Getting Started

This is my idea of a facelifted Saga and facelifted Persona. Note, I did the facelift Persona render prior to the preview. Only now sharing. For both, I've incorporated a simpler rear diffuser design from the latest Alza and incoprated Proton lettering over a black plastic trim piece.

The left image is original while the right image is my render. The original images are from Proton's official website.

TSdylan_chng
post Mar 16 2019, 03:57 PM

Getting Started

This is my idea of the current Myvi but better. I did this before but lost the file. Incorporated a floating roof design by enlarging the C-pillar window and enlarged the rear windshield to extend it down to the taillights. Also got rid of the fake vents on the rear bumper and changed the rear wiper.

The left image is original while the right image is my render. The original image is from: http://autoworld.com.my/news/2019/02/13/th...ts-100000-mark/

dares
post Mar 16 2019, 04:49 PM

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ Mar 16 2019, 03:57 PM)
This is my idea of the current Myvi but better. I did this before but lost the file. Incorporated a floating roof design by enlarging the C-pillar window and enlarged the rear windshield to extend it down to the taillights. Also got rid of the fake vents on the rear bumper and changed the rear wiper.

The left image is original while the right image is my render. The original image is from: http://autoworld.com.my/news/2019/02/13/th...ts-100000-mark/

Full size rear quarter window works well for SUVs or MPVs, but not really for hatchbacks.
TSdylan_chng
post Mar 17 2019, 06:42 PM

Getting Started

This is my idea of a dashboard for an updated Saga. I did this before but once again lost the file. Steering wheel and headunit from latest FL Persona. Also rearranged controls. Due to the nature of the Saga dashboard being positioned relatively low, I incorporated a touchscreen headunit Mazda style. Also deleted the reverse camera from the rear view mirror.

The left image is original while the right image is my render. The original image is similar/or exactly the same as the image from: paultan /image/2016/09/2016-Proton-Saga-Interior-Dashboard.jpg

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Mar 17 2019, 06:45 PM
TSdylan_chng
post Mar 29 2019, 09:25 AM

Getting Started

The original Proton Arena also known as Proton Jumbuck was a pickup ute version of the Proton Wira. The Wira was also known as the Persona. So I present a spiritual successor.

Original image is from Proton's official website.

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Mar 29 2019, 09:26 AM
TSdylan_chng
post Mar 29 2019, 09:25 AM

Getting Started

[deleted]

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Mar 29 2019, 09:26 AM
TSdylan_chng
post Apr 2 2019, 06:01 PM

Getting Started

Honda BR-V Changes:
- C-pillar window. Changed shaped.
- Spoiler. Added a third brake light there
- Doors. Removed kink and changed the lines.
- Wheels. Coloured in more spokes.
- Tailgate. Moved number plate and garnish higher.

original image from https://s3.<link removed>/image/2017/01/Honda-...-official-2.jpg. Third brake light from https://s3.<link removed>/image/2018/08/2018-H...sia-debut-4.jpg.

Original image, left, rendered, right.
TSdylan_chng
post Apr 10 2019, 10:11 AM

Getting Started

The Proton Ertiga may be no more but I've rendered it with a bumper from the facelifted Persona and a plastic trim piece from the Iriz.
Like with the Persona, the bumper leaves the impression of a wider vehicle.

Original image, left, is from Proton's official website.

TSdylan_chng
post Apr 10 2019, 12:27 PM

Getting Started

A stretched limousine version of the second generation Saga is much less common than a stretched limousine version of the first generation Saga.

Original photography was taken by me.

TSdylan_chng
post May 19 2019, 11:53 PM

Getting Started

Bottom half of Bezza + Top half of Aruz = my idea of a Bezza wagon/estate

mojo1ne
post Yesterday, 05:47 AM

Group: Newbie

Those are 3d renders or photoshop edits? All ur renders seem to be same angle as the originals.
TSdylan_chng
post Yesterday, 12:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mojo1ne @ May 20 2019, 05:47 AM)
Those are 3d renders or photoshop edits? All ur renders seem to be same angle as the originals.
I use something like photoshop, paint.net.
mojo1ne
post Today, 06:55 AM

Then i wouldn't call this a render. It's an edited picture. It's not even your original drawing. That is not considered a render. You even violated your rule no 1 ... must be original render.
TSdylan_chng
post Today, 11:06 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mojo1ne @ May 21 2019, 06:55 AM)
Then i wouldn't call this a render. It's an edited picture. It's not even your original drawing. That is not considered a render. You even violated your rule no 1 ... must be original render.
I understand where you're coming and respect your prospective. However I still stand by calling these renders. They may not be as glorious as the 3d renders produced by more skilled individuals but they are some differences from original and these differences is what I believe is enough to call the picture a render. Also before starting this topic, I looked at how other people described work similar to work posted here and they described they're work as renders as well. What I meant by original render (rule 1) is that the end product must be my the post author even if it's based of someone else work.

mojo1ne
post Today, 09:24 PM

These are not renders. These are just photo edits. Why can't you be a sport and call it as it is instead of making you sound like you are a true car design renderer. Look at Theophilus Chin's renders... those are what you call renders.

But hey, whatever floats your boat man. If u wanna cheat urself by calling it renders so be it.
TSdylan_chng
post Today, 09:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mojo1ne @ May 21 2019, 09:24 PM)
These are not renders. These are just photo edits. Why can't you be a sport and call it as it is instead of making you sound like you are a true car design renderer. Look at Theophilus Chin's renders... those are what you call renders.

But hey, whatever floats your boat man. If u wanna cheat urself by calling it renders so be it.
Bringing up Theophilus Chin's brings up an interesting conversation. Some of his renders have the "same angle as the originals". He uses images for his render that is not "original drawing".

if you look at his latest Saga render you can clearly draw similarities between his work and what I'm trying to do. Take a photo and "photo edit" it to make it a render.

Original image
s3. paultan dot org /image/2016/09/2016-Proton-Saga-Official-17.jpg

Render
s3. paultan dot org /image/2018/09/New-Proton-Saga-X70-cues-1.jpg

I'm not suggesting that I'm better than Theophilus Chin because I'm not.

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Today, 10:03 PM

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0759sec    5.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2019 - 10:38 PM