Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

EXHAUST MOD QUESTION, NEED URGENT HELP.

views

JustAnotherPaul P
post Jun 27 2019, 02:59 AM

Probation
3 posts

You've bored your engine out by 1mm. If the piston's dish design is similar or shallower than stock one, you'd have higher compression already. You'd have higher compression just by having bigger diameter piston with identical dish design.

The "problem" here is you ported your engine already too. Usually porting the head would make you lose some power down low but all compensated at high end.

4-2-1 would be the way to go if you enjoy a more even powerband. But you will sacrifice peak horsepower.

I'm also a Vios owner but 2nd gen.
My own setup is 4-2-1 and then rojak configuration for rest of the exhaust because not in my priority yet or rather no money.
My extractor has outlet of 1.95", followed by a 14" straight flow resonator with outlet of 2" and then a 10" long piping of 1.8" diameter THEN to a 1.65" piping to my small 1.6"inlet and outlet chambered muffler from Speedworks PJ.

As I've just mentioned that backpressure is bad. You are not trying to find small amount of backpressure, you are trying to find a diameter that is going to provide maximum scavenging velocity.

If your exhaust diameter is too large for your engine, you lose velocity.
Nothing about a choke in the exhaust that makes it breathe better. You don't need something like a resonator to choke the flow, you just need an exhaust with the correct diameter for your engine to have maximum velocity.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:10 PM