Got the latest Thinkware X700 from Sicurez Dashcam Station-Malaysia for review.
Thinkware product page: X700
Sicurez product page: X700
• Processor: Ambarella A12
• Sensor: Front: Sony Starvis CMOS 2.13M Pixels, Rear: Pixelplus CMOS 2.12M Pixels
• Viewing angle: 142.7° Wide Angle
• 3-Axis Accelerometer G-Sensor (3D, ±3G)
• Resolution: Front & rear: Full 1080P Full HD
• Support up to 64GB microSD card
• Built-in super capacitor
• 2.7” Touch LCD
• Motion detection/Time Lapse parking mode
• Super Night Vision
• Format Free 2.0 Technology
• External GPS Antenna (optional)
• Road Safety Warning System (LDWS. FCWS/uFCWS, FVDW)(requires external GPS receiver)
• Safety Camera Alert (requires external GPS receiver)
• Rear camera
• Rear camera cable
• Hardwire kit
• Thinkware 16GB micro SD card
• Tape mount
• Spare mounting tape
• Cable clips
• Quick start guide
• Customer service information leaflet
Rear camera cable
Spare mounting tape & cable clips
Quick start guide
Customer service information
I will be using 128GB Netac Pro micro SD for the recordings. I’ll also be using the Thinkware external GPS receiver with the X700 for the Road Safety Warning System & Smart Camera Alert functions.
Initial firmware out of the box
The videos below are recorded in 1920×1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 11.2 Mb/s for the front camera and the rear camera.
This X700 is the successor to the X550. Updated with Ambarella A12 & Sony Starvis sensor for the front cam from the Ambarella A7 & Sony Exmor sensor in the X550.
Not sure why they didn’t include the built-in GPS like in the X550. Adding the external GPS receiver will have to consider an extra cable to the X700 now. Also the dip switch as the power button.
Overall a great mid-range premium dashcam. Video quality is on par with the F800 Pro.
Side note – My X700 was missing the Thinkware 16GB micro SD card. Sicurez said they’ll send it over as it was included in the package.
This post has been edited by blurjoey: Mar 14 2019, 03:29 PM