Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

College recommendation for engineering course, Engineering

views

iSean
post Mar 11 2019, 09:29 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

tbh, Malaysian Private University for Engineering isn't the best place to study if it isn't well furnish with all the facilities you need.

If possible go to UTP/MMU if needed. I think only there, there will be sufficient allocation of budget for Engineering focused courses.

Even UCSI I don't think is well equipped enough for Engineering, except from Chemical Engineering side of things.

Again depends what your son wants to study.
iSean
post Mar 11 2019, 09:36 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(prasys @ Mar 11 2019, 09:33 PM)
Now to hop to another university would be hard. KDU foundation might be tuned for KDU (not sure if other universities would want to take you in with that. Debatable) .

Personally if he wants to change , I would ask him to study till 1st year and then do a credit transfer to another university . This process will take time and additional costs
hahaha first year uni credit transfer abit hard tho
Was planning to do that, but then gave up... sweat.gif

Technically heard that is a loophole so they won't count your CGPA. Just exempt you from taking it like how Diploma students doing it hmm.gif
iSean
post Mar 15 2019, 12:57 AM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Mar 14 2019, 08:46 AM)
Currently what n where r u studying?
Engineering at ipta like UM, USM n UTM better choice n facility than all ipts in Malaysia? What about local Nottingham n Monash ?
There's a different between university that you pay regular market pricing and overpriced Premium Tier Pricing.
Engineering in nottingham / monash cost more than RM 90k/year * 3-4 years.
While in IPTS it is less than RM 90k for your 4 years.

UM / USM / UTM are good and all, as most of them have an independent faculty with proper measuring instruments and labs to conduct experiments.
If you went to poorly maintained one in IPTS. I bet you won't learn anything hands on from there well.

I've personally seen seniors purchased digital multimeters, portable oscilloscopes to 20V DC Power Supply because the campus apparatus was always at fault due to old age and constantly break down due to old age.
iSean
post Mar 15 2019, 07:58 AM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Mar 15 2019, 05:20 AM)
So in summary UM/USM/UTM > Monash/Nottingham > UCSI/UTAR facility n equipment wise?
But cost wise Monash/Nottingham > UCSI/UTAR > UM/USM/UTM?
Yes. Pricing for UM / UKM has direct intake for Malaysian with International Pre U Qualifications for RM 90K and 70k for those intended to join.

You also need to judge how the faculty replace and renew their Lab Equipment.
iSean
post Mar 16 2019, 09:18 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Mar 16 2019, 09:05 PM)
Facility, equipment and lecturer wise is UTP better than UM/UTM/USM?
Uncertain, but based on their photos of their Giant Library. I would say good to go for facilities laugh.gif
Lecturer is totally based on your style or method of learning.
Just visit the campus to be sure laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:09 PM