Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> StashAway Malaysia, Multi-Region ETF at your fingertips!

views

MUM
post Yesterday, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,593 posts

QUOTE(tadashi987 @ Nov 25 2020, 09:07 AM)
i think the tantrum is somehow because SA allocates big portion of the cash to GLD (like shorting US market) but somehow US market is still rallying up to new high to date  sweat.gif
but i think during the GOld rally like previously....people will be happy to see that SA allocates big portion of the cash to GLD biggrin.gif
yklooi
post Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,832 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Nov 25 2020, 09:11 AM)
but i think during the GOld rally like previously....people will be happy to see that SA allocates big portion of the cash to GLD  biggrin.gif
talking about Gold allocation...
xuzen,are you still at 25% GOLD in your Equity portion of your portfolio as per mentioned in Aug/Sept Algozen updates?
zstan
post Yesterday, 09:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
14,081 posts

QUOTE(tadashi987 @ Nov 25 2020, 09:07 AM)
i think the tantrum is somehow because SA allocates big portion of the cash to GLD (like shorting US market) but somehow US market is still rallying up to new high to date  sweat.gif
my gold portfolio is still +19%. time in the market > timing the market
honsiong
post Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,855 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Nov 25 2020, 09:11 AM)
but i think during the GOld rally like previously....people will be happy to see that SA allocates big portion of the cash to GLD  biggrin.gif
QUOTE(zstan @ Nov 25 2020, 09:41 AM)
my gold portfolio is still +19%. time in the market > timing the market
IKR. Things go up and come down all the time. Stashaway is doing great in controlling volatility and ensure their investors dont implode on huge drop and withdraw prematurely.

We are not out of the crisis yet and there may be further gold bull run, but then we really dunno for sure. If stocks fall sharply again, then we gonna be glad gold and bonds are there to cushion the shock.
GrumpyNooby
post Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,330 posts

QUOTE(honsiong @ Nov 25 2020, 10:00 AM)
IKR. Things go up and come down all the time. Stashaway is doing great in controlling volatility and ensure their investors dont implode on huge drop and withdraw prematurely.

We are not out of the crisis yet and there may be further gold bull run, but then we really dunno for sure. If stocks fall sharply again, then we gonna be glad gold and bonds are there to cushion the shock.
I read/heard a news on TV few days ago saying that Gold has a potential to rebound to above 2000 level by early 2021. laugh.gif
zstan
post Yesterday, 10:17 AM

10k Club
All Stars
14,081 posts

QUOTE(honsiong @ Nov 25 2020, 10:00 AM)

or there could be another reoptimisation. who knows. just stay invested laugh.gif
Cardios95 P
post Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Probation
3 posts

Well, understandable, and I aint paying 30% to cover a personal loan lol
polarzbearz
post Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Blogger @ RinggitFreedom.com
4,417 posts

Isn't the whole point of StashAway (or ETF) investing to "invest and forget"? sweat.gif let gold drop if it drops ; let it rise when it rises.

user posted image
At one point my portfolio was merely 3% IRR as well but just keep the discipline and market will do the rest. 100% Pretty damn sure someday the bull will drop and the unrealistic gains will be "normalised" but in longer scale of things it really does not matter if there's something else to cushion the shocks.

Anything above 10% IRR to me is already a good return - especially if it doesn't require much of efforts on our end.

user posted image

This post has been edited by polarzbearz: Yesterday, 10:47 AM
dattebayo
post Yesterday, 11:05 AM

myPM
4,927 posts

QUOTE(blur19755 @ Nov 24 2020, 06:15 PM)
errr?? what's the point? selling your current ETFs which is price lower at 6 months ago, and then switch to new risk index will eventually buy ETFs on the current price which is higher than 6 months ago... what makes a benefit there?
ppl just like to switch risks index here and there, end up blaming SA is not gaining...
some people tend to think like investing in ETF is the same like investing in stock market themselves

This post has been edited by dattebayo: Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Quazacolt
post Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Riding couple
3,649 posts

QUOTE(Cardios95 @ Nov 25 2020, 10:33 AM)
Well, understandable, and I aint paying 30% to cover a personal loan lol
Huh?
MUM
post Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,593 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 25 2020, 11:44 AM)
Huh?
well, that was from part of his initial posting where he wanted to borrow 15k for a year and payback 3% interest pa.
that initial post and some replies were "removed"...except that "last" one.
WhitE LighteR
post Yesterday, 12:18 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
9,645 posts

QUOTE(GrumpyNooby @ Nov 25 2020, 10:02 AM)
I read/heard a news on TV few days ago saying that Gold has a potential to rebound to above 2000 level by early 2021. laugh.gif
i wouldnt put too much weight on such speculations. ive also heard that some analyst saying it will drop to 1650 in 2021. the high speculation says it will go to 2500 in 2021.

they can say whatever they wan. doesnt means it will be true.
Quazacolt
post Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Riding couple
3,649 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Nov 25 2020, 11:50 AM)
well, that was from part of his initial posting where he wanted to borrow 15k for a year and payback 3% interest pa.
that initial post and some replies were "removed"...except that "last" one.
Ah thanks for clarifying.

For a long term investment/savings plan (hence name StashAway, some people forgotten that or what? Lol), taking up a loan to do this is a bit, for the lack of words that aren't too harsh - unwise.
lee82gx
post Yesterday, 07:59 PM

I guess I'm special
1,876 posts

If you guys think statshaway not performing, seriously you can go direct to buy shares.

For those who have more than 1 year you'd be pretty happy right now. I know I am.

You guys need to know what is irr and time value of money before saying this give poor return or that give good returns.

If you just invested, remember that this really requires significant amount of time. We are like chronicling the growth of a tree from a mustard seed.
taufoo
post Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Hi guys, I am considering moving some funds to Stashaway Simple for low risk investment.

Say around 10k. Right now dont dare to invest in the portfolio.
Anything I should be aware of?
tadashi987
post Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Researcher
1,108 posts

QUOTE(taufoo @ Nov 25 2020, 10:53 PM)
Hi guys, I am considering moving some funds to Stashaway Simple for low risk investment.

notthing to be aware of, Simple is basically MMF like FD whistling.gif
MUM
post Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,593 posts

QUOTE(taufoo @ Nov 25 2020, 10:53 PM)

just that be mentally prepare that the money withdrawn is NOT immediate....just few days later than FD
polarzbearz
post Yesterday, 11:36 PM

Blogger @ RinggitFreedom.com
4,417 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Nov 25 2020, 07:59 PM)
If you guys think statshaway not performing, seriously you can go direct to buy shares.

For those who have more than 1 year you'd be pretty happy right now. I know I am.

You guys need to know what is irr and time value of money before saying this give poor return or that give good returns.

If you just invested, remember that this really requires significant amount of time. We are like chronicling the growth of a tree from a mustard seed.
Strongly agree!!! Just sit in the market laugh.gif

StashAway portfolio is still my best performing (or consistent across times) IRR/ROI in my entire portfolio. Though I'm slowly (but surely) replicating my own "DIY Stashaway Portfolio" via foreign brokers once I build up enough capital tongue.gif. Only have enough to buy "KWEB equivalent" for now.

user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0258sec    0.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2020 - 01:25 AM