Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Proton Wira car boot water leak, due to theft break-in

longinusshortleg
post Mar 10 2019, 03:59 PM, updated 5d ago

Group: Newbie

Hi sifu!

I have an old Proton Wira and the boot kena break-in once. So now the boot is leaking water whenever it rains. My documents all wet!!! cry.gif cry.gif

Is there any repair service for car boot in Malaysia?? Probably need to fix the rubber and hinge.

Thanks!!
dylan_chng
post Mar 10 2019, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

maybe rust.
longinusshortleg
post Mar 15 2019, 09:29 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ Mar 10 2019, 10:45 PM)
maybe rust.
The boot is out of place because of the theft break in. Is there any car repairman who can fix this?
Deja Vu
post Mar 15 2019, 09:53 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

You can either find a thrust worthy panel beater, or if you're willing to DIY, strip the side carpets/plastic panels in the boot, lie down in it with a light with the boot closed, then have someone water the boot and areas around it.

With luck, you should be able to see where the water is seeping thru.
air_ed20
post Mar 15 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(longinusshortleg @ Mar 10 2019, 03:59 PM)
Hi sifu!

I have an old Proton Wira and the boot kena break-in once. So now the boot is leaking water whenever it rains. My documents all wet!!!  cry.gif  cry.gif

Is there any repair service for car boot in Malaysia?? Probably need to fix the rubber and hinge.
Thanks!!
is there any dent whatsoever, if no you can just send to accesories shop like brothers or so to do the rubber change...additionally you might want to check if the key lock is broken which causing the leak...best of luck
speedy3210
post Mar 15 2019, 02:02 PM

Dont think you need any rubber seal change if it wasn't torn or completely flat. All you have to do is trace which location water goes in. normally thru the gap between the metal sheets seam or the gap between body and rear light clusters. over the years, the seal at the light cluster may have gone bad and water can get thru.

Remedy? just get a pack of Blu-tack/Tack-it from stationary shop and cover the leaky area. just make sure to clean the area before applying the Blu-tack. Cost is normally below rm10. Good luck.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0709sec    3.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2019 - 05:57 PM