Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Jobs In IT, Jobs opportunity

views

TSRochoaEvans
post Mar 6 2019, 11:42 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
153 posts

I am now entering this new course which is Degree in Information System Engineering(ISE). And so my question is is there any field that i can pursue that has less coding to face. As you already know i am not very good at programming. Really eed an advice from u guys to make sure that i will not regreting my new course
kem96
post Mar 7 2019, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

You can do data analytics and visualization. Included in IS course for my uni. Mostly does not need much programming, got software to do it. But still need to handle big data (got software too) and visualize the data (which is a lot, hence the 'big data' name)

CS is not all about programming. You haven't start anything yet, don't set your mind from the beginning that you don't like programming. Most of my friends in IS is like this and in the end after finish study, still weak in programming and hate it. It's all about your mindset. I'm not that good in programming, but I like it and enjoys it. In the end, it all works out.

You got opportunity, train yourself to like programming and eventually you will like it. CS is quite demanding nowadays, with standard fresh grad salary ranging 3k-3.5k.

Btw, good luck on your degree and enjoy your university life! rclxms.gif
soulz69
post Mar 7 2019, 08:08 AM

:: LoveHate ::
1,651 posts

Network security, Microsoft Server, Linux Server, Firewall, Configure Switch (Cisco), Router, Tunnel and so on.
TSRochoaEvans
post Mar 7 2019, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(kem96 @ Mar 7 2019, 12:07 AM)
You can do data analytics and visualization. Included in IS course for my uni. Mostly does not need much programming, got software to do it. But still need to handle big data (got software too) and visualize the data (which is a lot, hence the 'big data' name)

CS is not all about programming. You haven't start anything yet, don't set your mind from the beginning that you don't like programming. Most of my friends in IS is like this and in the end after finish study, still weak in programming and hate it. It's all about your mindset. I'm not that good in programming, but I like it and enjoys it. In the end, it all works out.

You got opportunity, train yourself to like programming and eventually you will like it. CS is quite demanding nowadays, with standard fresh grad salary ranging 3k-3.5k.

Btw, good luck on your degree and enjoy your university life! rclxms.gif
Thank you sir! I’ll try to like it even more 💕

TSRochoaEvans
post Mar 7 2019, 06:32 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Mar 7 2019, 08:08 AM)
Network security, Microsoft Server, Linux Server, Firewall, Configure Switch (Cisco), Router, Tunnel and so on.
Thanks !
turnmoil
post Mar 8 2019, 10:11 AM

Casual
420 posts

u might want to invest your time on the hardware site if u not really good at programming.. dont be duped when see programming pays really good that the fact if u not into it.. it will headache u later on.. lucky u notice early
PATAR
post Mar 14 2019, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

Take a look at Database administration. There is some codeing but not much, more if you like it, less if you don't. It's a quite narrow field, competition is not that high.
Knowledge of software development gives you an edge compared to the guys coming from hardware side.

This post has been edited by PATAR: Mar 14 2019, 10:34 PM
reph05
post Mar 23 2019, 01:55 AM

16 posts

Not forget to mention QA / tester as well, which coding is not compulsory, but encouraged to have since you might need to code for automated testing.
MaGNiFiCo
post Mar 24 2019, 11:44 PM

weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,602 posts

System Engineer, Tester, and support field will require less coding or non at all.

But I would suggest you to master and invest some time to improve the programming skills. Basic knowledge will really give you an upper hand during interview compare with others.
narf03
post Mar 25 2019, 04:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,545 posts

QUOTE(RochoaEvans @ Mar 6 2019, 11:42 PM)
I am now entering this new course which is Degree in Information System Engineering(ISE). And so my question is is there any field that i can pursue that has less coding to face. As you already know i am not very good at programming. Really eed an advice from u guys to make sure that i will not regreting my new course
IT means information technology, spend some time into thinking what that 2 word means, programming is a way for computer to process and store information, there are many more things to do beside process and store, like transmit information(network), protect information(security), steal information(hack), etc. try to think outside the box what can you do with the information, as long as you are dealing with most of them, its IT.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:00 PM