Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

UUM Course, Sarjana Muda Pengurusan Operasi Dengan K

views

TSwhtrader
post Jun 18 2007, 07:57 PM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
296 posts

Sarjana Muda Pengurusan Operasi Dengan Kepujian. Anyone heard of this course from UUM? Ideas and comments?
Melon
post Jun 18 2007, 09:21 PM

Casual
394 posts

Hi,

What's wrong with 'Bachelor Degree in Operations Management (Honors)'??

UUM has been famous in its mgmt course. Unless this is not the course you're applying?? Operation mgmt is a good course. Bright future.

If u need to know more about the life in UUM, you're welcome to PM me.

Cheers

smile.gif
cks2k2
post Jun 18 2007, 10:30 PM

1,966 posts

QUOTE(Melon @ Jun 18 2007, 09:21 PM)
Hi,

If OpsManagement is a synonym for ops research then you're taking a first step into an interesting and challenging career.
TSwhtrader
post Jun 18 2007, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(Melon @ Jun 18 2007, 09:21 PM)
Hi,

UUM has been famous in its mgmt course. Unless this is not the course you're applying?? Operation mgmt is a good course. Bright future.

If u need to know more about the life in UUM, you're welcome to PM me.

Cheers

smile.gif
There's nothing wrong. Just getting more info for my bro. icon_rolleyes.gif
Do you know what's the course about? Job prospects? Bright future seems vague. hmm.gif
cks2k2
post Jun 18 2007, 11:58 PM

1,966 posts

QUOTE(whtrader @ Jun 18 2007, 10:40 PM)
There's nothing wrong. Just getting more info for my bro. icon_rolleyes.gif
Do you know what's the course about? Job prospects? Bright future seems vague. hmm.gif
It's all about optimizing resources using scientific analysis (stats/algoritms etc) to solve some efficiency problem.

i.e. how to schedule delivery trucks to move products from a factory to the customer using fewest number of trucks/shortest route/fastest time;
how the assembly line in a factory is layout so you can get a finished product most efficiently

All this done using math/modeling/stats.
I did a one semester course on OR and found it really interesting (like you have 2 machines to create a product; one is faster but operates for fewer hours vs the other machine. How do you schedule the machines to get the optimal output?).
Incidentally I actually met a few OR people working in the semiconductor industry where they need to figure out how to produce chips in the most optimal fashion.
TSwhtrader
post Jun 19 2007, 08:37 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(cks2k2 @ Jun 18 2007, 11:58 PM)
It's all about optimizing resources using scientific analysis (stats/algoritms etc) to solve some efficiency problem.

i.e. how to schedule delivery trucks to move products from a factory to the customer using fewest number of trucks/shortest route/fastest time;
how the assembly line in a factory is layout so you can get a finished product most efficiently

All this done using math/modeling/stats.
I did a one semester course on OR and found it really interesting (like you have 2 machines to create a product; one is faster but operates for fewer hours vs the other machine. How do you schedule the machines to get the optimal output?).
Incidentally I actually met a few OR people working in the semiconductor industry where they need to figure out how to produce chips in the most optimal fashion.
Hey thanks for the description. Now I have an idea what Operations Management is about. laugh.gif It seems interesting and challenging as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:12 PM