Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice on sending kids to, Chinese School

views

SUSjalsrix
post Feb 26 2019, 11:37 PM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Feb 26 2019, 03:30 PM)
Nowadays got Google translate life is easier for them. My boys go Chinese language primary school, they speak English at home or speak mandarin amongst themselves. They will adapt and you will need to support them with mandarin language tuition if possible because the standard of language is now much higher than it was before.
Google translate is NOT 100% correct. It is a machine with low intelligence.

This post has been edited by jalsrix: Feb 27 2019, 01:11 AM
SUSjalsrix
post Feb 27 2019, 01:12 AM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(karwaidotnet @ Feb 26 2019, 10:08 PM)
ok seems like most of the feedback here comes to the same conclusion - chinese school is indeed stressful due to higher learning capability requirements

got an ex-colleague malay... sent her kids to chinese school. after standard 3 or 4...they couldn't cope, she trsf them back to kebangsaan school.

and they had a personal tutor for mandarin...
I wonder why non-Chinese send their children to Chinese schools? hmm.gif

What are the main reasons?

10% of Chinese parents don't even want to send their children to Chinese schools because it's too stressful.

90% want to preserve their mother tongue.

This post has been edited by jalsrix: Feb 27 2019, 01:13 AM
SUSjalsrix
post Feb 27 2019, 09:40 AM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(karwaidotnet @ Feb 27 2019, 07:59 AM)
for me - 1st im a chinese who doesn't know. mandarin. and i would be happy if im childs knows something i dun.
2nd - i heard and someone here concurs that chinese school way of teaching r far superior compare to kebangsaan
90% of Chinese parents send their kids to Chinese schools while the 10% can't speak Chinese properly.

Of course, Chinese must be more fluent in their mother tongue instead of using mixing English words into their Chinese dialects.

I'm asking why non-Chinese not Chinese. It is not their mother tongue and they are in Malaysia where it's not used much.

SUSjalsrix
post Feb 28 2019, 12:58 AM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(Mel2 @ Feb 27 2019, 06:03 PM)

I bought her workbooks for her to practise at home... She maintained her top 50 position by getting high marks from her English and Science in English... The rest so so only... She didn't get straight A's for upsr.... But that's OK... 😊👌
I got straight A for my UPSR but never took any tuition from anyone including my parents.

Kids nowadays are so lucky to have tuition.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 AM