Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car paint touch up selling in Tesco, Ezy Touch-Up reliable?

views

abubin
post Mar 15 2019, 04:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(junclj @ Mar 15 2019, 04:05 PM)
Better don't save money to buy these kind if products. I rather send to workshop to respray the whole bumper.

My car was crashed by an axxhole van minibus driver. The guy looks like a poor bastxxd. I just request RM100 only but he say he can't pay compensation. WTF, I don't want to make the road jam because I am blocking many cars behind. So in the end, I was just ignore him and drive my car away. I just hope this axxhole will get his karma in the future.

So now after one month, I am now sent my car to workshop to respray the whole bumper. It cost me RM380. It is not just a minor scratch but the paint is peeling off from the bumper surface.
That Ezy touch up is not for restoring anything more than just a dent.

I just tried using it to restore rust on my car but failed. The reason is because of sanding. This paint is just for touching up small holes the does not need sanding. You fill in the hole or scratch and then touch up with the clear coat. For anything that need sanding, you will need to DIY spray paint or send it paint workshop.

For bumpers, it depends on how much you can tolerate. For my old car, I don't really bother because it's only affect the look. I am more concerned with rust. Even if you DIY not a good job, I would rather save that RM300 for something like changing better shock absorbers or better tyres. But if it bothers you then sure, having it repainted will be nice.
dudester
post Mar 15 2019, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Quite a big scratch you got there. This touch up paint will still be obvious. If you dont mind the look is fine. It is not easy using the brush and you will see uneven streaks. Try using daps, instead of strokes. Also, machine polish after so you get a more even coat.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0539sec    1.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2019 - 05:53 AM