Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

All About Badminton Equipment XVI, Racket, String, Shuttlecock, Grip, Shoes

views

Tomokitsu
post Oct 24 2019, 02:22 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Can anyone guide me or some heads up on buying a proper badminton shoes? I recently changed to Gel Rocket 8 and sprained my ankle twice ( left then right) in the span of 1.5 months, which I suspect my shoes could possibly be the culprit as I never have any issues with previous shoes.

Tq sifu
Tomokitsu
post Oct 24 2019, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(kennyng77 @ Oct 24 2019, 10:17 AM)
I used to older version of Gel Rocket, same thing happen to me will sprained my ankle once a while when I was tired. My friends using it without any ankle sprained issues at all, I believe still depend on foot works, proper foot works will reduce risk of sprained ankle.

Currently I'm using Yonex Power Cushion SHB65AW (Wide) for more than 1 year, so far never encountered sprained ankle. Reason I switched from Asics to Yonex was Gel Rocket 8 is quite narrow, I got wide feet and decided went for Power Cushion SHB65AW which is much cheaper, afterall I'm satisfied with it.
Thanka for the input bro, I recall both was also due to improper landing. Need to work more on my footwork. Will get to a store to try out SHB65AW and Hydro Force 2 once I recover.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.63    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:54 PM