Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> All About Badminton Equipment XVI, Racket, String, Shuttlecock, Grip, Shoes

views

Revoz
post Mar 24 2021, 02:26 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Mar 21 2021, 10:48 AM)
hi guys, can recommend badminton shoes for intermediate players? midrange price will do. no need so expensive, and not too cheap either
Midrange? Get asics gel rocket ok liao.
If budget not a problem then get a good yonex shoe. Mizuno also good.
Revoz
post Mar 24 2021, 02:29 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(sendoh_7 @ Mar 22 2021, 06:55 PM)
Too bad Asics and Mizuno has no wide size. The shape is too narrow for my wide feet.
Luckily Yonex got it
I see asics and mizuno now a day alot narrow.
I still using asics gel rocket 8 and 9 cos my foot not wide. Rocket 10 oso coming out alrdy.
findecano1
post Mar 24 2021, 04:39 AM

13 posts

Coming from other high impact sports like basketball and badminton, shoes are something that you should not skimp on.

Get the best that you can afford. It will be worth it and your knees will thank you later in life.

They are like tires and suspension system to your car.
O-haiyo
post Mar 24 2021, 10:23 AM

Enthusiast
802 posts

thanks bros for all the recommendation.
tried getting asics gel 8 but the sports direct outlet i went dun have the stock. so end up with li ning. forgot the model.
Revoz
post Mar 25 2021, 01:53 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Mar 24 2021, 10:23 AM)
tried getting asics gel 8 but the sports direct outlet i went dun have the stock. so end up with li ning. forgot the model.
Asics gel 8 abit old model now. Get gel rocket 9 or 10.
Well since u alrdy got lining not bad at all. Long ago i ever wear lining also, quite tahan, it last me 3+ yrs.
megadisc
post Mar 25 2021, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,189 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 21 2021, 05:14 PM)
Buy expensive one...

Never cheapskate for the only thing that taking care your feet n knee.
ya ya so true

shoe very the impotent sweat.gif
kennyng77
post Mar 25 2021, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Mar 24 2021, 10:23 AM)
As long well known brand for badminton & really badminton shoe it's fine.
craxors
post Mar 25 2021, 02:22 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(kennyng77 @ Mar 25 2021, 02:04 PM)
As long well known brand for badminton & really badminton shoe it's fine.
i wear indoor court shoes. sweat.gif
megadisc
post Mar 25 2021, 04:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,189 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 25 2021, 02:22 PM)
i wear indoor court shoes.  sweat.gif
those futsal wan

or the cool tennis ala nadal version ? ohmy.gif
craxors
post Mar 25 2021, 04:27 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(megadisc @ Mar 25 2021, 04:03 PM)
those futsal wan

or the cool tennis ala nadal version ? ohmy.gif
volleyball one.
megadisc
post Mar 25 2021, 05:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,189 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 25 2021, 04:27 PM)
volleyball one.
same for me ..

me get gel 10 ... shocking.gif
kennyng77
post Mar 25 2021, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 25 2021, 02:22 PM)
i wear indoor court shoes.  sweat.gif
Actually can use, Asics gel rocket stated for volleyball, but many use for badminton. But I found out that Asics more easy get twisted ankle, I kena few times, after use Yonex (2nd Yonex shoe) so far don't have twisted ankle issue *touch wood*.
rexus
post Mar 26 2021, 03:09 PM

🥰
547 posts

I'm wearing gel rocket 8 as well.

Got it from Original Classic in Starling
findecano1
post Mar 26 2021, 11:07 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(kennyng77 @ Mar 25 2021, 05:59 PM)
Actually can use, Asics gel rocket stated for volleyball, but many use for badminton. But I found out that Asics more easy get twisted ankle, I kena few times, after use Yonex (2nd Yonex shoe) so far don't have twisted ankle issue *touch wood*.
Reason is the Gel Rocket is 'slightly higher' (thicker) than badminton specific shoes like Yonex or say Asics badminton specific shoes like Gel Blade or Court Control FF.

Hence ankle roll due to the 'slightly higher' (thicker) soles and also the lateral movement stability of the shoes itself. Shoes with wider forefoot as the picture will enhance the lateral stability. You also will notice badminton specific shoes are usually wider at the forefoot area and stiffer.

Technically, the design of the soles also play an important part of the shoes on how it will optimize your movements, stop when you really need to stop and moving around.

Again, with reference to cars, you can assume Gel Rocket is like normal suspension setup which definitely will have some body roll when taking corner compared to a lowered car with much less body roll and the soles design is the thread design on the car tires.

user posted image
kennyng77
post Mar 29 2021, 08:47 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(findecano1 @ Mar 26 2021, 11:07 PM)
Reason is the Gel Rocket is 'slightly higher' (thicker) than badminton specific shoes like Yonex or say Asics badminton specific shoes like Gel Blade or Court Control FF.

Hence ankle roll due to the 'slightly higher' (thicker) soles and also the lateral movement stability of the shoes itself. Shoes with wider forefoot as the picture will enhance the lateral stability. You also will notice badminton specific shoes are usually wider at the forefoot area and stiffer.

Technically, the design of the soles also play an important part of the shoes on how it will optimize your movements, stop when you really need to stop and moving around.

Again, with reference to cars, you can assume Gel Rocket is like normal suspension setup which definitely will have some body roll when taking corner compared to a lowered car with much less body roll and the soles design is the thread design on the car tires.

user posted image
You are totally right, that's what I explained to my badminton mates regarding the design. As for me I'm really short like Akane Yamaguchi or Nozomi Okuhara, I need to jump & run a lot compare to others, hence a good & proper badminton shoe very needed for an old & short person like me tongue.gif
megadisc
post Mar 29 2021, 10:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,189 posts

QUOTE(findecano1 @ Mar 26 2021, 11:07 PM)

user posted image
EPIC sharing ..nice ...

plan to use my new pair start on april fool day

QUOTE(kennyng77 @ Mar 29 2021, 08:47 AM)
You are totally right, that's what I explained to my badminton mates regarding the design. As for me I'm really short like Akane Yamaguchi or Nozomi Okuhara, I need to jump & run a lot compare to others, hence a good & proper badminton shoe very needed for an old & short person like me  tongue.gif
we is prefer nozomi ...more lolita like .. wub.gif
kennyng77
post Mar 29 2021, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

we is prefer nozomi ...more lolita like .. wub.gif

[/quote]
Nozomi is more consistent & most polite player in the world.
megadisc
post Mar 29 2021, 03:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,189 posts

when is the next tourney ?????

so fast jump to olympics ?
findecano1
post Mar 31 2021, 05:50 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(kennyng77 @ Mar 29 2021, 08:47 AM)
You are totally right, that's what I explained to my badminton mates regarding the design. As for me I'm really short like Akane Yamaguchi or Nozomi Okuhara, I need to jump & run a lot compare to others, hence a good & proper badminton shoe very needed for an old & short person like me  tongue.gif
Short or tall doesn't really matter, if footwork no good a tall person will run/take the same or more amount of steps to reach the shuttle. A good pair of shoes is definitely needed for badminton.

Cannot play badminton kaki ayam, foot sure gone case doesn't matter what type of flooring.

Also recently found out that some badminton shoes are more suited for singles play. It seems like badminton shoes that are slightly heavier are more suited for singles play as it is 'said' to offer better stability. What's everyone's opinion on that?

Added:
Long ago used to own/worn Yonex SHB101MX, a very very stable shoe. The claw design at the fore foot area is really good but at times it 'digs' into your foot causing some discomfort and definitely not for wide foot. Cushioning and durability still Asics wins hands down

This post has been edited by findecano1: Mar 31 2021, 06:02 PM
ohhpian
post Apr 4 2021, 01:50 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(kennyng77 @ Mar 23 2021, 11:18 AM)
I used to wear Asics until Gel Rocket 7, then switched to Yonex because it has wide range. Asics design getting narrower now days. Never tried Mizuno so can't give any comment on it.
What yonex shoes can you suggest for a beginner player? I need new shoes since my feet always hurt wearing current shoes, need shoe with wide range rolleyes.gif

50 Pages « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 03:38 PM