Continue from version 15

Top Sifu & Grandcocker
Dcking - Silent Killer
Newbieeeeee - Uprising Star
Lemollin - Yong Dae all year round
Ziggy - Ultimate Grandcocker I
sexbomb - Popopo Grand Master Sifu
Chiller - Blackface Sifu (Retired)
Arc1414 - MIA Grand Master Sifu (Still MIA.....possibly kidnapped by ALIEN)

Top 20 Cockers of Version 15
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Remark : For badminton session - LYN Badminton Club

user posted imageLYN Badminton Fraternity

Badminton - Wikipedia

Badminton is a racquet sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by a net. Players score points by striking a shuttlecock (also known as a shuttle, bird, or birdy) with their racquet so that it passes over the net and lands in their opponents' half of the court. Each side may only strike the shuttlecock once before it passes over the net. A rally ends once the shuttlecock has struck the floor.

The shuttlecock (or shuttle) is a feathered projectile whose unique aerodynamic properties cause it to fly differently from the balls used in most racquet sports; in particular, the feathers create much higher drag, causing the shuttlecock to decelerate more rapidly than a ball. Shuttlecocks have a much higher top speed, when compared to other racquet sports. Because shuttlecock flight is affected by wind, competitive badminton is played indoors. Badminton is also played outdoors as a casual recreational activity, often as a garden or beach game.

Since 1992, badminton has been an Olympic sport with five events: men's and women's singles, men's and women's doubles, and mixed doubles, in which each pair consists of a man and a woman. At high levels of play, the sport demands excellent fitness: players require aerobic stamina, agility, strength, speed and precision. It is also a technical sport, requiring good motor coordination and the development of sophisticated racquet movements.

Click Here to Continue Read More

Basic Badminton Equipment

Uniform

There are few restrictions on the clothing for badminton matches, but players tend to wear short pants and short-sleeve shirts, with flat-soled training shoes. Older regulations – similar to those in tennis – stipulated that clothing had to be 75 per cent white, but this is no longer a requirement of the modern game.

Shuttlecock

The shuttlecock is made of a small piece of cork, coated with leather and 25 to 28cm wide. On its base are attached 16 natural or synthetic goose feathers, forming a cone. It must be a maximum of 70mm in length and 68mm in width, and should weigh between 4.74 and 5.50 grams.

Racquet

Badminton racquets – like their tennis counterparts – have progressed from simple wooden construction to the use of sophisticated lightweight materials such as aluminium, graphite and titanium. They have a round head containing a rigid mesh of synthetic strings for hitting the shuttlecock, a shaft and a non-slip grip. The head can be a maximum of 23cm wide and 29cm long, while the overall length is a maximum of 68cm. It should weigh between 85 and 100 grams.

The court

Badminton matches are played on a court that is 6.1m wide and 13.4m long, with specific markings for singles and doubles matches. The playing area for singles matches is slightly narrower than the court at a width of 5.18m, while the playing area for doubles matches uses the full court width and length. There must be clearance of 2m on all sides, and a ceiling height of 12m for high shots.

The net

The net in the middle of the court is 76cm wide, and is made of a fine mesh of dark-coloured cord, so that it can be seen through, while remaining visible at all times. At the top of the net is a white strip to clarify its position. The net is held rigid by a pair of posts either side of the court, with its top at a height of 1.55m.

Link 1
How to choose a racket by Li-Ning

How a string's tension affects your play

Racket Used by All the Contributor

Shoes worn by All the Contributor

Tips to Badminton Shoe Lacing

Please pm for updates. smile.gif

Courtesy by mizivincible

Here you go, list of famous badminton shops' address and contact around Klang Valley. Just to share and to ease and assist members who'd want to visit the shops for sports equipments especially for badminton and save the hassle of going through threads and pages for the address and contact.

Hope these help, if there are any changes, updates or corrections, by all means please let me know.

Note : I am not affiliated with any of the shops above, just providing guidance for badminton shopping to all the members. Although the shops listed are reputable among members, by all means please do inspect the quality and authenticity of a product thoroughly especially racket to prevent from purchasing counterfeit or defective item(s). Happy shopping folks icon_rolleyes.gif
LYN Bulk Shopping
1. Organizer: cschun86 on July 2012

2. Organizer: ziggy87 on Dec 2012

3. Organizer: cschun86 on March 2013

4. Organizer: cschun86 on July 2013

5. Organizer: ziggy87 on Dec 2013

6. Organizer: Nobody organize nothing, GST pasal la

LYN Gathering

7th June 2013

27th July 2013

04th Sept 2015

This post has been edited by chiller: Feb 15 2019, 12:48 AM
megadisc
post Feb 15 2019, 11:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,148 posts

hooray ...we still alive and kicing badminton buttts...
Newbieeeeee
post Feb 15 2019, 03:53 PM

:)
1,286 posts

2nd!
bL!x x3roTh
post Feb 15 2019, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

when is the next session? biggrin.gif
Lemollin
post Feb 15 2019, 06:56 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Newbieeeeee @ Feb 15 2019, 03:53 PM)
2nd!
Hello uprising star, when can teach me popopo smash like you?
Newbieeeeee
post Feb 22 2019, 04:20 PM

:)
1,286 posts

QUOTE(Lemollin @ Feb 15 2019, 06:56 PM)
Hello uprising star, when can teach me popopo smash like you?
You want me to give you an award? bruce.gif
Tariq_H
post Mar 26 2019, 05:26 PM

On my way
566 posts

Where did you guys play?
craxors
post Mar 26 2019, 05:31 PM

Regular
1,668 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Mar 26 2019, 05:26 PM)
Where did you guys play?
where u located?
Tariq_H
post Mar 26 2019, 05:57 PM

On my way
566 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 26 2019, 05:31 PM)
where u located?
Shah Alam..
kalvinkhoo
post Mar 27 2019, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

Hello guys, I need some recommendations over shuttlecock, I play 2-3 times-per-week with my friends. The cost I'm looking for is RM50-60 and also looking for the good quality shuttle. Please advice me! icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
craxors
post Mar 27 2019, 05:29 PM

Regular
1,668 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Mar 26 2019, 05:57 PM)
Shah Alam..
too far... laugh.gif

QUOTE(kalvinkhoo @ Mar 27 2019, 05:13 PM)
Hello guys, I need some recommendations over shuttlecock, I play 2-3 times-per-week with my friends. The cost I'm looking for is RM50-60 and also looking for the good quality shuttle. Please advice me!  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
idk man... nowadays quality seem totally downgraded.... but pricing keep increasing... rclxub.gif
Tariq_H
post Mar 27 2019, 05:56 PM

On my way
566 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 27 2019, 05:29 PM)
too far...  laugh.gif
idk man... nowadays quality seem totally downgraded.... but pricing keep increasing...  rclxub.gif
I suspect they downgrade a bit to introduce new high line shuttle. Look at rsl.
craxors
post Mar 27 2019, 06:10 PM

Regular
1,668 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Mar 27 2019, 05:56 PM)
I suspect they downgrade a bit to introduce new high line shuttle. Look at rsl.
Which rsl?
Tariq_H
post Mar 28 2019, 09:36 AM

On my way
566 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 27 2019, 06:10 PM)
Which rsl?
Example, Once, the gold rsl is the top line. Good shuttle, but after black is introduce, gold is not that good anymore.
craxors
post Mar 28 2019, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,668 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Mar 28 2019, 09:36 AM)
Example, Once, the gold rsl is the top line. Good shuttle, but after black is introduce, gold is not that good anymore.
i been using rsl tourney classic... last time ok.. tahan lama... nowadays 2 times smash already kemek.

kalvinkhoo
post Mar 28 2019, 10:15 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 27 2019, 05:29 PM)
too far...  laugh.gif
idk man... nowadays quality seem totally downgraded.... but pricing keep increasing...  rclxub.gif
QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 28 2019, 10:00 AM)
i been using rsl tourney classic... last time ok.. tahan lama... nowadays 2 times smash already kemek.
I see can see that, nowadays I'm also kinda confused with all the Shuttlecock pricing and quality. So you are still using the RSL TOURNEY CLASSIC?

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Mar 28 2019, 09:36 AM)
You mean black as in Supreme?
craxors
post Mar 28 2019, 10:22 PM

Regular
1,668 posts

QUOTE(kalvinkhoo @ Mar 28 2019, 10:15 PM)
I see can see that, nowadays I'm also kinda confused with all the Shuttlecock pricing and quality. So you are still using the RSL TOURNEY CLASSIC?
yes.

but since the price range 74~74 now (my area)... maybe need to change to other options....
kalvinkhoo
post Mar 28 2019, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 28 2019, 10:22 PM)
yes.

but since the price range 74~74 now (my area)... maybe need to change to other options....
Sakit sakit rclxub.gif which location you are base? Did you try Protech?
craxors
post Mar 28 2019, 10:49 PM

Regular
1,668 posts

QUOTE(kalvinkhoo @ Mar 28 2019, 10:38 PM)
Sakit sakit  rclxub.gif which location you are base? Did you try Protech?
i in jb...

protech masterpiece?

i prefer rsl tourney... laugh.gif
Tariq_H
post Mar 29 2019, 05:48 PM

On my way
566 posts

QUOTE(kalvinkhoo @ Mar 28 2019, 10:15 PM)
You mean black as in Supreme?
Yes. I thinks supreme shuttle is actually the gold shuttle, pack in supreme tube. The current gold is down grand a bit to push buer to buy supreme, my 2 cent

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0402sec    2.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 01:29 AM