Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone else facing issues after High Sierra update

views

TSshomj
post Feb 14 2019, 02:06 PM, updated 6y ago

19 posts

After updating High Sierra, got all kinds of problems. Especially on Safari, always hang n freeze. Adobe CC always have to repair n when working n need to print something, sibei frustrating, can die waiting for printer dialog box to appear. Wacom Tablet Driver always crashing...I can go on n on n on... ranting.gif ranting.gif
Hades76
post Feb 14 2019, 02:08 PM

On my way
650 posts

Why never go all the way to Mojave ?
TSshomj
post Feb 23 2019, 04:35 PM

19 posts

Just updated to Mojave. Same issue still happening aaaaargh
jumpstat
post Feb 27 2019, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

AFAIR, I had to update quite a number of the apps when my rmbp updated to mojave though. Did not experience any freezes or such. It was just annoying that when I wanted to use the app, it was required to be updated then only can use. So far did not encounter any loss of data. Only gripe I is that with Mojave, I had to update to the latest version. The previous version was the last version with apps interface. I really miss that version.
TSshomj
post Feb 28 2019, 01:30 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Feb 27 2019, 04:53 PM)
AFAIR, I had to update quite a number of the apps when my rmbp updated to mojave though. Did not experience any freezes or such. It was just annoying that when I wanted to use the app, it was required to be updated then only can use. So far did not encounter any loss of data. Only gripe I is that with Mojave, I had to update to the latest version. The previous version was the last version with apps interface. I really miss that version.
Still same problem two weeks later. Freezing until kennot tahan, now thinking to change system totally de bangwall.gif
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2019, 10:26 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(shomj @ Feb 28 2019, 01:30 AM)
Still same problem two weeks later. Freezing until kennot tahan, now thinking to change system totally de bangwall.gif
Have you tried recalibrating the SMC and PRAM? This could resolve your issues experienced. If havent tried the procedure is as follows..

Calibrate MacBook Pro R SMC & PRAM

SMC
Step 1 Shut Down Completely.
Step 2 Connect to MagSafe Power Adapter.
Step 3 Press ‘Shift + Control + Option + Power’ keys at the same time.
Step 4 Release all the keys at the same time.
Step 5 Press the Power button to start the Macbook Pro

PRAM
Step 1 Shutdown the macbook.
Step 2 Press and Hold ‘Option + Command + P + R’
Step 3 Turn on the macbook while holding the keys of step 2
Step 4 Keep holding the keys until your macbook restarts, until the grey screen appears and you hear the restart tone.
Step 5 Release all the keys.
Step 6 If you hear the startup booting for the second time, that means the PRAM has been reset.

bukechi
post Feb 28 2019, 10:29 AM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Feb 27 2019, 04:53 PM)
is it need to all app to upgrade to be use on mojave?
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2019, 10:46 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(bukechi @ Feb 28 2019, 10:29 AM)
is it need to all app to upgrade to be use on mojave?
Right after you update mojave, go to app store and check for any app update required. Not all apps reaquire updates. Certain app also cant run on mojave. Only way to know is that when you run an app, it wont run or crashes. Check with the app website, most probably mojave not supported.

This post has been edited by jumpstat: Feb 28 2019, 10:48 AM
Eithanius
post Mar 6 2019, 06:44 PM

::+::KukuNius(tm)::+::
3,933 posts

QUOTE(shomj @ Feb 23 2019, 04:35 PM)
Just updated to Mojave. Same issue still happening aaaaargh
Did you just update from existing macOS eg Sierra to HS and Mojave, or clean install...?

If you just update, the excess baggage (your apps and whatever that is causing the freeze, including OS update glitches) follows you.

May I suggest clean install (reformat)...
TSshomj
post Mar 24 2019, 04:56 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(Eithanius @ Mar 6 2019, 06:44 PM)
Did you just update from existing macOS eg Sierra to HS and Mojave, or clean install...?

If you just update, the excess baggage (your apps and whatever that is causing the freeze, including OS update glitches) follows you.

May I suggest clean install (reformat)...
Upgrade...

As for clean install, I think its heading in that direction at the moment cry.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:46 PM