Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The iPhone XS / XS Max Discussion Thread | V5, Welcome to the big screens.

views

dopamine
post Dec 10 2019, 11:14 AM

Casual
442 posts

hi guys, so far any problem or complaint for XS Max?
Still dilemma in choosing either XS Max or 11.
The pricing is tempting for XS Max 256gb for this 1212.
dopamine
post Dec 10 2019, 11:32 AM

Casual
442 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Dec 10 2019, 11:24 AM)
TBF, they aren't even comparable.

XSM - Larger Screen, Has Zoom, Better Screen, 3D Touch (Or is force touch? Basically can hard-press the screen)
11 - Smaller Form Factor, Insane battery, Newer, Wide Angle Lens.

If one-handed operation is important to you, and you have small hands, the 11 would be better suited. I would actually just get the XR if you're under a budget. Otherwise, save up for the 11 Pro. Or wait for next year's iPhone. What are you using now?

There isn't really any "big issue" for the XS Max. Could search the thread for any specific problem that you might worry about.
Thanks for your advice.
Currently using iphone 6 plus for already more than 5 years.
Feel like to upgrade but full with dilemma.
dopamine
post Dec 10 2019, 03:55 PM

Casual
442 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Dec 10 2019, 03:43 PM)
Woah. That's gonna be quite an upgrade for you. If you're used to the plus size, then the XS Max will feel right at home. Since ytou're coming from the 6 Plus, you'll be going from LCD to LCD (SuperLCD? RetinaLCD? Don't know what Apple is calling the tech for the 11/XR). You also won't really miss the use of 3D touch.

I guess it boils down to the ability zoom or take a wide angle photo. Realistically, the wide angle would probably benefit the casual user. If you take more photos of people, it'll probably be better.

Also, you tend to keep your device for much, much longer. The 11 is the latest iPhone. Meaning you have +1 year in longevity.

For me, I went from a 6S Plus to a XS Max simply because of the screen size. It feels familiar.

Since you keep you phone for a long period of time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the 11 Pro Max. Despite the higher cost, it's somewhat offset by the fact that you use your device up to 5 years. If you're willing to drop that kinda money lah.
Thanks for your advice.
Not really plan to get 11 Pro Max.
Just imagine that XS Max 256gb initially priced at RM6K and now is available for RM3.8K for this 1212.
It is a huge depreciation for only 1 year...
Any problem have you encountered with XS Max so far?
Saw people commented the QC aren't great and battery life is not that good as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0735sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:30 PM