Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The iPhone XS / XS Max Discussion Thread | V5, Welcome to the big screens.

views

cynicks
post Mar 2 2019, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

Hi Guys,

A thing that I found out after 5 months use of the dual physical sim, XS Max 64gb HK

I will have very slow cellular data on line 1 (almost half the speed or lower) whenever I use 2 sim or 2 active lines. I have changed Umobile to Digi as my main line thought it was Umobile giving bad coverage. But both (provider) poses the same issue whenever I use the 2nd sim (Yoodo).

When slow it can go below 1Mpbs.

Speed testing on 2nd line has no issue. The data line of 2nd line is fast.

Tried on ios12.1, ios12.1.1 and just recently 12.1.4

After I remove 2nd sim from phone. The speed goes back to normal.

So I guess it's not firmware issue. It's a hardware problem. Anyone here faced this when using 2 physical sim?
cynicks
post Mar 2 2019, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(J-keyLudacris @ Mar 2 2019, 12:31 AM)
both of the ios ver u mention is having some issue with the network connectivity.
I'm using 1 phy sim and 1 esim, no issue with my line. Btw i'm using ios beta 12.2
Thanks for the note. As I'm not on esim, hence I couldn't confirm.

I'm checking with some of the 2 physical sim users if they are having these issues. It was worst using ios 12 and ios12.1. The wifi also got affected with the earlier versions. Ios12.1.1 solved the wifi issues
cynicks
post Mar 2 2019, 10:11 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Mar 2 2019, 06:41 AM)
I've tried two SIMs before on my HK XS Max, and both no issues with data speed. Primary Sim was maxis and secondary was Celcom. Could it just be a network issue?
It's not, when I remove 2nd sim, Primary Sim data doubled the speed. And you can see smooth consistent speed line on Speedtest. When 2nd sim is in, the speed line will be juddery.

So guess mine is faulty
cynicks
post Mar 3 2019, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Mar 3 2019, 01:41 PM)
Tried with my wife’s XS Max using single SIM, maxis: -

[attachmentid=10195214]

And this was with dual SIM, 2nd SIM being Celcom. Speedtest on the same maxis SIM: -

[attachmentid=10195215]

So I don’t think a second SIM should slow down the data speed of your first SIM.
I just tested again. This is my test with single sim (Digi)

user posted image

This is my speed test again after I insert in a 2nd sim (Yoodo)

user posted image

Mine it's really bad. 😭

And taken out again, have another speed test.

user posted image
cynicks
post Mar 4 2019, 01:01 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Mar 4 2019, 07:01 AM)
For a XS to last two days is pretty good. Lots of people complaining theirs can hardly last for a day, and battery health less than 100% even just after one or two months of ownership.
Ya, yours looks like very drastic difference. I think as a last resort before bringing it to a service centre you can try to reset and restore it first and see if it helps.
My Battery level is 100% after 5 months of usage though.

I’ve tried having a clean empty phone on ios12.1.4 thinking that it will solve the issue. But no, still persist.
T&L hasn’t reply my email regarding this warranty yet.

confused.gif
cynicks
post Mar 6 2019, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Mar 4 2019, 08:43 PM)
Ok.. do update here after you've gotten a reply from T&L. I bought mine from them too and am curious to find out more about their after sales service.
Hi All,

T&L was giving me alot of questions and workarounds that I’ve done already. And seriously, their reply is really slow. Each email reply takes almost 12-24hrs.

So, I was impatient, and log in an appointment call with Apple support. They called back, and they were mentioning there’s none of similar cases happened before. So, on the call, they ran a diagnostic check, and found no issue.

But, the support guy is really friend and help to check if the HK device is serviceable in Malaysia ? And the answer is YES.

So, I’m going ahead to Maccity 1U later to have this check.

For the questions that T&L buyers here, our phones are serviceable in Malaysia.

But, my first impression of T&L warranty support is not good.

Will update again after my visit with Maccity
cynicks
post Mar 16 2019, 12:41 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(jason0416 @ Mar 14 2019, 02:17 PM)
Hi guys, anybody notice the WiFi connectivity speed on iPhone XS Max is slower?

I’m doing WiFi speed test on my iPhone XS Max and OnePlus 6T with the same WiFi connection. But the outcome is freaking shock! Is that only happened to my unit or what ...

user posted image
user posted image
Remove 2nd and retry
cynicks
post Mar 25 2019, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Just handed in my HK set Xs Max 64gb to Maccity. They tell me that I wont be getting a physical dual sim replacement. As it is controlled by MCMC. So, yeah, my warranty experience with T&L phone.

Reason I'm ok with it, coz Maccity provided a loan phone, I doubt that T&L will loan a phone to me in this replacement period
cynicks
post Mar 25 2019, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(netken @ Mar 25 2019, 09:49 PM)
what happened? mine is also TL 256gb ..
You'll have to read all the previous posts, haha.. I had network data issue when using 2 simcard. And Apple support noted that mine is the 1st case in the world. rclxms.gif
cynicks
post Mar 25 2019, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Mar 25 2019, 10:00 PM)
Quite nice of MacCity as they allow you to claim a HK set. rclxms.gif
Yeah, nice of them and a loan phone.
cynicks
post Mar 26 2019, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Mar 25 2019, 10:19 PM)
Most probably Apple asked Mac City to tend to your warranty because its the first phone they encounter this issue with. They could be needing the phone back for R&D purposes. What phone did they loan to you?
An iPhone 8
cynicks
post Apr 2 2019, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Finally, got my replacement XS Max back.

MacCity handled the warranty. And initially, they gave me some issue saying that my phone (T&L) is a China Unicorn unit. They can’t process the warranty. It is only accepted for China Mobile.

After talking to Apple support again, and requesting Apple to make this warranty. They did as what Apple told them to.

And I’m unsure if this information is true. The technician mentioned that China Unicorn models have different bands compare to the rest of the world. So he is suspecting why I’m having the slow data issue. Which is not compatible with Malaysian bands.

Short story, Apple replaced me back with a local MY unit. E-Sim and Sim. I don’t have Maxis to try on the E-sim. So I can’t report back if my problem is still lingering on this new phone.
cynicks
post Apr 4 2019, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Apr 3 2019, 03:18 PM)
So did they refused outright when you send in the phone initially? I mean before you spoke to Apple.
HK and China sets are the same dual physical sim bro. So they could have just passed you a China set without you knowing.
No such issue but seems like battery life is poorer on the 12.2. Or is it me only that is experiencing the drain?
Nope they didn't reject outright. But called me 2 days later to reject. Before I send in, I have already confirmed with Apple that MacCity can handle the warranty

HK or China, I'm unsure. But that's what the technician told me. I may truly got a lemon from T&L at the start.

cynicks
post Apr 4 2019, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(rebus @ Apr 3 2019, 03:06 PM)
good for you.

Though very strange that Apple replaced a non local unit. Usually it's country specific.

Apple nice that way.
Apple replaced me a Malaysian unit, as MacCity again told me that MCMC did not approve the dual sim phone in Malaysia. And I won't be getting the HK unit back
cynicks
post Apr 4 2019, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(krishtiano86 @ Apr 4 2019, 11:40 AM)
wow. thats news. We have tonnes of dual sim phones here. Why reject an iPhone?
Iphone dual sim per se dry.gif
cynicks
post Apr 5 2019, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Yen8on3 @ Apr 4 2019, 01:46 PM)
Did you reach out to T&L for warranty claims? T&L offers 1 Year Seller Warranty.
They have a local partner in Malaysia Office to handle the replacement.

Claiming your warranty through T&L, by right they will replace another A2104 Dual SIM iPhone XS Max?

Although both China and Hong Kong iPhone XS Max is A2104, the extended model codes are different. You can find the information on your original box.

For instance:

China set          ~  iPhone XS Max 64GB Gold  (MT732CH/A)
Hong Kong set  ~  iPhone XS Max 64GB Gold  (MT732ZA/A)

It's not ethical that T&L gave you a China Unicorn set as they are advertising Hong Kong sets all along on Qoo10.

Although CH and HK A2104 have the same cellular bands, like asamalikum said they'll lock certain network and functions based on the corresponding country
I did reach T&L, they pushed it back to Apple as they mentioned it can be claim locally. Only they mentioned if AASP give problems, they will step in.
cynicks
post May 15 2019, 11:58 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kevin23 @ May 12 2019, 08:00 PM)
Guys my xs max has horrible wifi and LTE connection.

It would always have a weak wifi connection even though my other phones have strong connections.

And i am on maxis and it will always drop to 3G or sometimes totally no line at all even though my s9plus has full 4g connection on maxis as well.

Any solutions for this? Horrible for a 6k phone.
IF HK set, then send it in for a replacment. If not, still send it in for a replacement. Just get a new phone. You paid for the price, shouldn't get these kind of quality.

But show them the proof.
cynicks
post May 21 2019, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(attw @ May 16 2019, 08:40 AM)
I think there was a case of a HK set whereby when a second SIM was inserted, the phone signal dropped significantly. The owner successfully claimed warranty for it here at one of the authorised Apple Service Centres.
Yup that's me. New set reception is flawless now.
cynicks
post May 22 2019, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(attw @ May 21 2019, 03:29 PM)
Are you using it with eSim now? They replaced a MY set for you right?
They replaced a MY Set and using a single normal Sim now. Digi have not rolled out the e-sim yet. No chance to try it dual sim. And Yoodo still hasn’t allow me to convert my existing Yoodo number to an e-sim.

But, from usage, I can attest that my reception is way much better than my previous unit. I got a lemon I think.
cynicks
post Jun 2 2019, 12:26 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

I'm reporting back on my replacment phone to MY SET. Now have problem adding E-sim as a 2nd line. Previously was HK set.

I don't have an option to 'add cellular data' in my settings.

Apple seems to know this issue, on replacement handsets. This 2 sim iphone is not working for me. Almost 9 months, I'm still having issue with having 2 lines.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0418sec    4.96    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 03:53 AM