Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The iPhone XS / XS Max Discussion Thread | V5, Welcome to the big screens.

views

lionn
post Dec 7 2019, 11:49 AM

On my way
557 posts

I think the battery health percentage is not accurate. I have been using my Xs max for about 9 months, I charge it whenever I like. And it’s still at 100%.
flarey01
post Dec 7 2019, 09:18 PM

33 posts

Upgrading from an iPhone X. Should I get the XS max or the 11?
Raymond T.
post Dec 8 2019, 02:21 AM

Glock 17
788 posts

Anyone using sim + esim at the same time ? do you notice network unstable or weak signal during on to go ?
fiqqq
post Dec 8 2019, 02:32 AM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(Raymond T. @ Dec 8 2019, 02:21 AM)
Anyone using sim + esim at the same time ? do you notice network unstable or weak signal during on to go ?
No issues so far on DiGi SIM and yoodo eSIM.
Raymond T.
post Dec 8 2019, 02:33 AM

Glock 17
788 posts

QUOTE(fiqqq @ Dec 8 2019, 02:32 AM)
No issues so far on DiGi SIM and yoodo eSIM.
i see, just want to clarify if on call either one network will become no service right ?
cute_boboi
post Dec 8 2019, 09:13 AM

° 忍 °
5,814 posts

I didn't notice any network or weak signal difference. Maxis e-sim + DiGi sim on XS
icon_rolleyes.gif

wtw0911
post Dec 8 2019, 09:23 AM

Casual
476 posts

No issue with Digi esim and Optus AU physical sim
fiqqq
post Dec 8 2019, 12:27 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(Raymond T. @ Dec 8 2019, 02:33 AM)
i see, just want to clarify if on call either one network will become no service right ?
Phone call made from SIM or eSIM? Both of my lines still in service when I make calls from SIM.
Raymond T.
post Dec 8 2019, 12:37 PM

Glock 17
788 posts

QUOTE(fiqqq @ Dec 8 2019, 12:27 PM)
Phone call made from SIM or eSIM? Both of my lines still in service when I make calls from SIM.
user posted image
user posted image
During call the signal will become like this
dopamine
post Dec 10 2019, 11:14 AM

Casual
314 posts

hi guys, so far any problem or complaint for XS Max?
Still dilemma in choosing either XS Max or 11.
The pricing is tempting for XS Max 256gb for this 1212.
marquis
post Dec 10 2019, 11:24 AM

Flower Power!
2,397 posts

QUOTE(dopamine @ Dec 10 2019, 11:14 AM)
hi guys, so far any problem or complaint for XS Max?
Still dilemma in choosing either XS Max or 11.
The pricing is tempting for XS Max 256gb for this 1212.
TBF, they aren't even comparable.

XSM - Larger Screen, Has Zoom, Better Screen, 3D Touch (Or is force touch? Basically can hard-press the screen)
11 - Smaller Form Factor, Insane battery, Newer, Wide Angle Lens.

If one-handed operation is important to you, and you have small hands, the 11 would be better suited. I would actually just get the XR if you're under a budget. Otherwise, save up for the 11 Pro. Or wait for next year's iPhone. What are you using now?

There isn't really any "big issue" for the XS Max. Could search the thread for any specific problem that you might worry about.
dopamine
post Dec 10 2019, 11:32 AM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Dec 10 2019, 11:24 AM)
TBF, they aren't even comparable.

XSM - Larger Screen, Has Zoom, Better Screen, 3D Touch (Or is force touch? Basically can hard-press the screen)
11 - Smaller Form Factor, Insane battery, Newer, Wide Angle Lens.

If one-handed operation is important to you, and you have small hands, the 11 would be better suited. I would actually just get the XR if you're under a budget. Otherwise, save up for the 11 Pro. Or wait for next year's iPhone. What are you using now?

There isn't really any "big issue" for the XS Max. Could search the thread for any specific problem that you might worry about.
Thanks for your advice.
Currently using iphone 6 plus for already more than 5 years.
Feel like to upgrade but full with dilemma.
marquis
post Dec 10 2019, 03:43 PM

Flower Power!
2,397 posts

QUOTE(dopamine @ Dec 10 2019, 11:32 AM)
Thanks for your advice.
Currently using iphone 6 plus for already more than 5 years.
Feel like to upgrade but full with dilemma.
Woah. That's gonna be quite an upgrade for you. If you're used to the plus size, then the XS Max will feel right at home. Since ytou're coming from the 6 Plus, you'll be going from LCD to LCD (SuperLCD? RetinaLCD? Don't know what Apple is calling the tech for the 11/XR). You also won't really miss the use of 3D touch.

I guess it boils down to the ability zoom or take a wide angle photo. Realistically, the wide angle would probably benefit the casual user. If you take more photos of people, it'll probably be better.

Also, you tend to keep your device for much, much longer. The 11 is the latest iPhone. Meaning you have +1 year in longevity.

For me, I went from a 6S Plus to a XS Max simply because of the screen size. It feels familiar.

Since you keep you phone for a long period of time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the 11 Pro Max. Despite the higher cost, it's somewhat offset by the fact that you use your device up to 5 years. If you're willing to drop that kinda money lah.
dopamine
post Dec 10 2019, 03:55 PM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Dec 10 2019, 03:43 PM)
Woah. That's gonna be quite an upgrade for you. If you're used to the plus size, then the XS Max will feel right at home. Since ytou're coming from the 6 Plus, you'll be going from LCD to LCD (SuperLCD? RetinaLCD? Don't know what Apple is calling the tech for the 11/XR). You also won't really miss the use of 3D touch.

I guess it boils down to the ability zoom or take a wide angle photo. Realistically, the wide angle would probably benefit the casual user. If you take more photos of people, it'll probably be better.

Also, you tend to keep your device for much, much longer. The 11 is the latest iPhone. Meaning you have +1 year in longevity.

For me, I went from a 6S Plus to a XS Max simply because of the screen size. It feels familiar.

Since you keep you phone for a long period of time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the 11 Pro Max. Despite the higher cost, it's somewhat offset by the fact that you use your device up to 5 years. If you're willing to drop that kinda money lah.
Thanks for your advice.
Not really plan to get 11 Pro Max.
Just imagine that XS Max 256gb initially priced at RM6K and now is available for RM3.8K for this 1212.
It is a huge depreciation for only 1 year...
Any problem have you encountered with XS Max so far?
Saw people commented the QC aren't great and battery life is not that good as well.
marquis
post Dec 11 2019, 09:37 AM

Flower Power!
2,397 posts

QUOTE(dopamine @ Dec 10 2019, 03:55 PM)
Thanks for your advice.
Not really plan to get 11 Pro Max.
Just imagine that XS Max 256gb initially priced at RM6K and now is available for RM3.8K for this 1212.
It is a huge depreciation for only 1 year...
Any problem have you encountered with XS Max so far?
Saw people commented the QC aren't great and battery life is not that good as well.
Personally? Not much from hardware perspective. My airpods and watch had more QC issues compared to the phone. My issues are mostly from software, which I believe could always be fixed. No antennagate or bendgate. Maybe others can chime in regarding this matter.

Battery life, if compared to the XR or 11, will pale in comparison. After a year plus of usage, battery has dropped to 98%. Pretty acceptable all things considered. I don't have any crazy charging habit. Just charge as and when I need.

As for battery life itself, the latest update kinda sucks. For me at least. Prior to this, I'd have at least 80% by lunch. Nowadays, its at about 70%. I don't think it's due to indexing anymore, since it's been weeks. Could also be due to the battery capacity dropping.

I didn't look at buying it from the depreciating view - that's a good point. About 30% depreciation (or discount). Since the value has depreciated that much, it won't drop that much more eh? Kinda like buying a car laugh.gif

By that logic, the XS Max makes much more sense. It's the best of last year vs the entry of this year. Personally, I'd go with the Max. Bigger screen (mostly) trumps all. Or you can drop in to the 11's thread. I'm sure quite a few people moved from the Max to the 11. First hand user experience would be much more beneficial to you.

In any case, you only till have midnight to decide. Good luck!
lionn
post Dec 12 2019, 12:21 PM

On my way
557 posts

Can the esim be my primary line? because for primary line, theres no need to be switching that much. so im thinking of using esim as primary line.

This post has been edited by lionn: Dec 12 2019, 12:23 PM
marquis
post Dec 12 2019, 01:43 PM

Flower Power!
2,397 posts

QUOTE(lionn @ Dec 12 2019, 12:21 PM)
Can the esim be my primary line? because for primary line, theres no need to be switching that much. so im thinking of using esim as primary line.
Can. I currently only have an esim on my phone. Physical sim slot is empty.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0373sec    1.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 07:09 AM