Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis fibre or unifi ?, Help me decide

views

AhmadNaim93
post Feb 12 2019, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

back in 2017 home already have unifi 10mbps, sometime ping is high 100ms~ for certain game, then switch to maxis fibre 10mbps, ping lower for all game compare to unifi, but sometime got nat strict issue. now stuck with maxis fibre 30mbps, max speed supported on my apartment.

This post has been edited by AhmadNaim93: Feb 12 2019, 04:32 PM
RoyMcAvoy
post Feb 12 2019, 04:33 PM

Going to be a grand wizard next year
1,732 posts

QUOTE(badumtssss @ Feb 12 2019, 01:50 AM)
Is maxis fibre better or unifi?

Does unifi and maxis fibre needs a home line to use ?

Currently on streamyx broadband thinking to get 30mbps.
No need homeline. They will pull fiber-optic cable into your house.

Take unifi better. My maxis sometime the connection can be "dead" for few minutes. This happens randomly.
stevenlee
post Feb 12 2019, 04:35 PM

look @ my Star *o* ...hoho
3,093 posts

my vote go to maxis.
i fail complain and they really solve the issue..
i hv issue where my line not able to hit over 80mbps under 100 mbps package.
they send staff over and find out the root cause..
they change the router, modem, BTU even cable to make sure my line is constantly hit over 80mbps..
end up, they change me a SME router which is stable like hell, no disconnection and stable hitting over 80mbps all time.

secondly, with current home one prime, we can hv mobile phone with unlimited data.
somemore, home line will hv back up sim if broadband line is down. the sim also can use with any of your device if you dont want to plug in to router.

that is my reason why i stay with maxis
jasmine1126
post Feb 21 2019, 11:07 AM

0 posts

I was switch from Unifi to Maxis home fiber last year about April due cheaper bill and better speed! but i was making wrong decision. the line not stable and i called to complain since Jul 18, the line has getting better until Nov i request to upgrade to 100GB through online form. but no one call me and follow up with me..until Dec i found the line are ridiculous not stable, i called to complain and asking the status of the upgrade request, they told me someone will call me to follow up on the upgrade and technical ppl will call on my line issue...but i was waiting waiting after few week i called again, they told me the line has already upgraded and they suspect is router issue not support the 100GB. and they said will arrange their technical come home to change it. 1st schedule on sat 9am, my bro in law took half day leave to wait them, end up received call on 9++am said Tyre punchat cant make it ontime, but not when will settle, off course my bil need to work so cant wait it, so ask the technical guy to reschedule with me. after that no one call me until i call to maxis again to complain. then the schedule again and again, 2nd time and 3rd even more worst, set the schedule but no one come and call to inform cant make it. and i complain to FB, they know only apologize and asking my acc details to follow up for me, but no update after i gave my acc, what is they doing actually? before cny sat said want to come also no come and i write the comment at fb again, then they call and schedule will come on cny sat, but no one appear and call. i was super frustrated, comment again at Maxis, end up they are super funny ask their technical ppl to call me said wan to come "Now" (same day after i comment again at FB), Maxis, do you think i standby for you at home 24 hrs to wait your ppl come? so i complain to the technical ppl, he said will inform his boss.....until today no one call and follow up with me and i called just now, they asking again what happen and said no open case for my account, what is the ridiculous service, i doubt they so big company and telco do they had customer service dept???what their customer service doing?????just sit there and pick up call but no need to follow up????and now i force to pay the bill due to my home fiber line has combine with my postpone, if i didt pay the home fiber bill my postpone will also block....OMG super frustrated!!!!!!! now when i watch a 30min drama i need to wait for loading and loading....pls do twice and 3ple consider if you all still thinking to switch to MAXIS!
al3xband
post Jan 15 2020, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

maxis no land line ....

unifi got land line...

my opinion.. wired is always better, faster and stable than wireless..
Vrese
post Jan 15 2020, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

How was unifi mobile doing so far? any good?

Thinking of switching to it hmm.gif
huartag
post Aug 26 2020, 11:02 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(holymushroom @ Feb 12 2019, 10:54 AM)
how much u are paying now for wad speed?

i got lucky for paying RM159 for 800mbps  biggrin.gif

that y i die die also stick to unifi for now.
mana boleh, if u don pay i ma in deep shit.
How to get that speed and price i am using Unifi Turbo ug to 500Mpbs but paying RM229.00 discount RM80 = RM149 add unifi TV: RM30 = RM179
add Dimsum and BBC Player = RM10 + RM 10 = 199 + SST 11.34 = RM210.35
psthoo
post Oct 22 2020, 01:10 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(jasmine1126 @ Feb 21 2019, 11:07 AM)
I was switch from Unifi to Maxis home fiber last year about April due cheaper bill and better speed! but i was making wrong decision. the line not stable and i called to complain since Jul 18, the line has getting better until Nov i request to upgrade to 100GB through online form. but no one call me and follow up with me..until Dec i found the line are ridiculous not stable, i called to complain and asking the status of the upgrade request, they told me someone will call me to follow up on the upgrade and technical ppl will call on my line issue...but i was waiting waiting after few week i called again, they told me the line has already upgraded and they suspect is router issue not support the 100GB. and they said will arrange their technical come home to change it. 1st schedule on sat 9am, my bro in law took half day leave to wait them, end up received call on 9++am said Tyre punchat cant make it ontime, but not when will settle, off course my bil need to work so cant wait it, so ask the technical guy to reschedule with me. after that no one call me until i call to maxis again to complain. then the schedule again and again, 2nd time and 3rd even more worst, set the schedule but no one come and call to inform cant make it. and i complain to FB, they know only apologize and asking my acc details to follow up for me, but no update after i gave my acc, what is they doing actually? before cny sat said want to come also no come and i write the comment at fb again, then they call and schedule will come on cny sat, but no one appear and call. i was super frustrated, comment again at Maxis, end up they are super funny ask their technical ppl to call me said wan to come "Now" (same day after i comment again at FB), Maxis, do you think i standby for you at home 24 hrs to wait your ppl come? so i complain to the technical ppl, he said will inform his boss.....until today no one call and follow up with me and i called just now, they asking again what happen and said no open case for my account, what is the ridiculous service, i doubt they so big company and telco do they had customer service dept???what their customer service doing?????just sit there and pick up call but no need to follow up????and now i force to pay the bill due to my home fiber line has combine with my postpone, if i didt pay the home fiber bill my postpone will also block....OMG super frustrated!!!!!!! now when i watch a 30min drama i need to wait for loading and loading....pls do twice and 3ple consider if you all still thinking to switch to MAXIS!
I have had few Maxis Home fibre accounts at few apartments and i would say so far so good, no complaint. Connection is smooth and little down time.

However, i have been offered a sweet deal to switch to Unifi from Maxis recently. Wonder if it's ok with Unifi after-sales service nowadays. My previous experience with Unifi was bad. Any advice?

lcloon
post Nov 17 2020, 04:52 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(jasmine1126 @ Feb 21 2019, 11:07 AM)
Very sorry to read and know about your disastrous experience.
May I know how is your Maxis Fibre service currently?
I just received a call from Maxis offering me to switch over with Samsung 43” LED TV for RM1.
But I didn’t accept their offer as I still aware that many still complaining about their service.
Anyway, thank you for your warnings.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:33 PM