Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Can you buy a motorcycle helmet from overseas?

views

TSEternalgl0ry
post Feb 12 2019, 12:56 AM, updated 5y ago

Casual
447 posts

I am thinking to buy this ruroc motorcycle helmet which looks so cool and it can be used as a skateboard or ebike activities but i fear the tax and declare thingy going on since malaysia almost everything this cannot that cannot or bla bla prohibited
TSEternalgl0ry
post Feb 28 2019, 09:53 AM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(kshen @ Feb 27 2019, 11:32 PM)
Hi TS , any update on this ? I too find the ruroc to be pretty sick , especially their new limited edition Atlas Ronin. Which is ECE and DOT certified.
No not yet. I decide not to buy first

Some of my friends say better don't deliver to Malaysia. They suggested to deliver to Singapore and go there collect it.

Either wear it or throw away the delivery boxes and stuffs. That's how some of my jb friends did
TSEternalgl0ry
post Dec 26 2019, 11:05 AM

Casual
447 posts

thread update. Actually in the past it isnt hard to buy a imported helmet

But now Malaysia very fussy introducing the SIRM certification which is very problematic and impossible to import a motorcycle helmet or even electronics .

I bet my money and managed to buy it and ship over here but have to pay huge taxes. SST + import tax + malaysiaboleh fees to release out from custom . ALMOST HALF OF THE helmet PRICE !@#$%^&* sad.gif. Malaysia introduce WAY TOO MANY TAXES which make no sense

DO NOTE THAT THE custom will inspect and open your box. It did mine and i am very not happy with it since there are so many fingerprints... unboxing a opened brand new item is not pleasing

DO NOT LABEL the shipment as a motorcycle helmet. Just tell the importer do not label it .... label as a Ski, bicycle or scooter. Malaysia is very strict when they see motorcycle helmet and will steal it for their own use

If the box labeled. Just tell them not to include it

PLEASE KNOW YOUR SIZE before buy.

ITS A BIG HASSLE. Better order and deliver to singapore ( i only found out later that singapore have a receiver service ) They have a service where good members will receive the product for you and keep it

When you are free and just visit them to collect it.

This post has been edited by Eternalgl0ry: Dec 26 2019, 11:08 AM
TSEternalgl0ry
post Dec 29 2019, 03:09 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(H3artBreakKid @ Dec 26 2019, 11:10 AM)
wonder if Mountain Bike Helmet is applicable?

I am planning to get something like this:

https://www.giro.com/p/switchblade-mips-ful...ace-bike-helmet

user posted image
This one i order before. no problem coming to malaysia

In fact this helmet a lot in singapore. This helmet is a must if ride downhills

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.03    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:30 AM