Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Can you buy a motorcycle helmet from overseas?

views

TS Eternalgl0ry
post Feb 12 2019, 12:56 AM, updated 2 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I am thinking to buy this ruroc motorcycle helmet which looks so cool and it can be used as a skateboard or ebike activities but i fear the tax and declare thingy going on since malaysia almost everything this cannot that cannot or bla bla prohibited
thurtin
post Feb 12 2019, 08:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Feb 12 2019, 12:56 AM)
I am thinking to buy this ruroc motorcycle helmet which looks so cool and it can be used as a skateboard or ebike activities  but i fear the tax and declare thingy going on since malaysia almost everything this cannot that cannot or bla bla prohibited
taxes will be one concern. the other is sirim approval. all motorcycle helmet needs to have the sirim sticker to be sold and used in malaysia. after going through the entire process, it may be a hassle and/or end up costing more money for you.
dyzr
post Feb 12 2019, 09:50 AM

Group: Newbie

I am thinking to buy this ruroc motorcycle helmet which looks so cool and it can be used as a skateboard or ebike activities  but i fear the tax and declare thingy going on since malaysia almost everything this cannot that cannot or bla bla prohibited
i think no problem to buy the helmet from oversea. question is whether its legal or not to be worn in the road lol..
about tax thinggy not really thou. thats is up to kastam maybe? as long it is not an illegal stuff i think no problem.

QUOTE(thurtin @ Feb 12 2019, 08:40 AM)
taxes will be one concern. the other is sirim approval. all motorcycle helmet needs to have the sirim sticker to be sold and used in malaysia. after going through the entire process, it may be a hassle and/or end up costing more money for you.
i thought motorcycle helmet certified DOT or SNELL is good to go already? my helmet got no sirim sticker also police dont kacau.
thurtin
post Feb 12 2019, 10:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dyzr @ Feb 12 2019, 09:50 AM)
i think no problem to buy the helmet from oversea. question is whether its legal or not to be worn in the road lol..
about tax thinggy not really thou. thats is up to kastam maybe? as long it is not an illegal stuff i think no problem.
i thought motorcycle helmet certified DOT or SNELL is good to go already? my helmet got no sirim sticker also police dont kacau.
I did a quick google to be sure. Here is a recent news on importing motorcycle helmets and the issues: https://www.nst.com.my/cbt/2018/07/391033/relax-import-rules

Kastam used to regularly tax 10% on motorcycle helmets but not sure if its happening anymore. Also, i forgot that you need to have an AP to buy one from overseas but it seems that this is not necessary now. Of course, kastam being kastam, it depends on whether they actually open your package to check.

Sirim sticker thingy again depends on whether they want to kacau you or not, but the point is that you actually need it.
ajaibman
post Feb 12 2019, 10:11 AM

Getting Started

No More Sirim Approved sticker, but JPJ approved Sticker required.

user posted image

as per last info received from my rider friend.

This post has been edited by ajaibman: Feb 12 2019, 10:24 AM
glitterRAMEE
post Feb 12 2019, 05:09 PM

Getting Started

once your helmet reach here, kastam will hold it first

then they will ask u to go get permit from jpj putrajaya

once u got the permit, go to kastam, give them the permit, pay 10% tax, then settle..
LaserHorse
post Feb 13 2019, 01:55 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(thurtin @ Feb 12 2019, 08:40 AM)
I bought 2 helmets from Indonesia last year June. Waltz through the airport carrying the helmets without anyone inspecting anything.
I wore it only for 4 months. I sked bcuz my helmet doesn't have quality cert. The helmet also very light.
aizielectreon
post Feb 14 2019, 05:10 PM

Casual

bought helmet from thai...but so light too..lol
Angelic Layer
post Feb 15 2019, 01:08 PM

QUOTE(aizielectreon @ Feb 14 2019, 05:10 PM)
bought helmet from thai...but so light too..lol
"Real" helmet?
I got one a few years back too.
aizielectreon
post Feb 15 2019, 01:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Feb 15 2019, 01:08 PM)
"Real" helmet?
I got one a few years back too.
its real helmet considering the local folks used that too.
but it felt not worth protecting your head lol
Angelic Layer
post Feb 15 2019, 01:44 PM

QUOTE(aizielectreon @ Feb 15 2019, 01:24 PM)
its real helmet considering the local folks used that too.
but it felt not worth protecting your head lol
I like that its not so hot, that enough is sufficient.
kshen
post Feb 27 2019, 11:32 PM

If only these stars are edilbe
Group: Senior Member

Hi TS , any update on this ? I too find the ruroc to be pretty sick , especially their new limited edition Atlas Ronin. Which is ECE and DOT certified.
TS Eternalgl0ry
post Feb 28 2019, 09:53 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kshen @ Feb 27 2019, 11:32 PM)
Hi TS , any update on this ? I too find the ruroc to be pretty sick , especially their new limited edition Atlas Ronin. Which is ECE and DOT certified.
No not yet. I decide not to buy first

Some of my friends say better don't deliver to Malaysia. They suggested to deliver to Singapore and go there collect it.

Either wear it or throw away the delivery boxes and stuffs. That's how some of my jb friends did
kshen
post Feb 28 2019, 03:01 PM

If only these stars are edilbe
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Feb 28 2019, 09:53 AM)
No not yet. I decide not to buy first

Some of my friends say better don't deliver to Malaysia. They suggested to deliver to Singapore and go there collect it.

Either wear it or throw away the delivery boxes and stuffs. That's how some of my jb friends did
I see... thanks bro. Do update on how it goes !

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0776sec    2.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2019 - 02:42 PM