Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dad getting recond BMW F10 523i 2011, Any problems to watch out for?

views

TSKingArthurVI
post Feb 11 2019, 10:40 PM, updated 6y ago

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

My dad is buying a BMW 523i F10 from a distant relative, he plans to drive it for 3 years and sell it before he retires so he can buy a new car then. I believe this is the pre-facelift (non LCI) model.

The problem is, the car was bought as a recond from the relative, so this is another hand after recond... and no one knows where it actually came from, if it's Japan, SG or even local recond. Wanted to ask sifus here if there are any common problems with 523i to look out for. notworthy.gif
TSKingArthurVI
post Feb 12 2019, 02:41 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Feb 12 2019, 08:49 AM)
Thanks this is helpful, I’ll try to get the VIN and plug it in to see what comes out.

QUOTE(HippyTony @ Feb 12 2019, 10:16 AM)
If your dad decides to buy it. Do you have a good BMW indie mechanic? It’s important that you do.
He knows a workshop that does continental cars, he’s been bringing his old S class there for service regularly. Idk how reliable they are when it comes to BMWs however, did Mercz car there for years with no problem so hopefully same for BMW.

QUOTE(Lanchio @ Feb 12 2019, 12:26 PM)
Added "trustworthy". Check if your distance relative keeps the entire service record of the car. Then you can know what immediately needs servicing/replacement. Be very careful of engine sludge in local BMW long service intervals.

Btw HippyTony, your avatar reminds me of the late Appu of BMWClub
Yeah will need to check the service record. Thanks for the heads up on engine sludge. I was mostly curious on any well known issues for 523i that’ll be a headache to fix in the future if it crops up before we want to sell the car again. 😅

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:16 AM