Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Euro 5 Diesel vs Euro 2 (normal type), come give your thought

views

TSincubus69
post Feb 11 2019, 05:41 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
170 posts

The main difference is that Euro5 diesel contains only 10ppm* of sulphur compared to 500ppm for Euro2M. It is therefore a much cleaner fuel which produces lower emissions for a cleaner environment. As a significantly higher grade diesel, it also extends engine life and improves fuel efficiency.
Sulphur in diesel creates particulate matter (PM) during combustion and the continued generation of PM causes health issues. In addition to environmental and health issues, the sulphur in the fuel also contributes to increased acid levels in the engine that can cause damage to engine and emission control systems. The presence of sulphur in the engine exhaust gases limits the effectiveness of many exhaust after-treatment technologies, resulting in higher emissions of other pollutants.

My question is, i have a 2012 toyota hilux with me. i had tried pump full tank twice with Euro 5 diesel. but i can't sense any significant different in accelerate or power. i know that if for cleaner environment, yes euro 5 is definitely better but do u think is worth it for my this car to use euro 5 or just maintain the normal diesel.

ya and i know the price different for both are just 10sen per liter but this is a heavy duty car which will have a high mileage driving.

Duperaider
post Feb 11 2019, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

Try flush the engine first then you well see the difference, there could be old PM
rcracer
post Feb 11 2019, 07:36 PM

?????
3,743 posts

for long term reliability is much better

less soot means less clogging of turbo, intake, engine oil , injectors valve etc.
Eternalgl0ry
post Feb 12 2019, 01:00 AM

Casual
447 posts

It will take at least two full fill ups of euro 5 to see the difference. But old diesel vehicles will most likely not see any big difference in everything except for the smoke and cleanliness

euro 2 will emit black smoke which is very harmful and will kena fine in singapore.

For cars rated to have better performance in their specs like mazda cx 5 2.2D will benefit. Some vehicle specs do not point out to benefit but most 2018 onward new diesel engine vehicles will most likely benefit such as ford ranger biturbo
ayamxxx
post Feb 12 2019, 08:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

There are some shop who offer the services of injector, throttle body cleaning etc using those machine.

Since ts is already on high mileage, then better done that first in order to benefit the euro 5 diesel
TSincubus69
post Feb 12 2019, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

thanks dear /k for the advise.

will send in my car for servicing tomorrow to flush it before changing the engine oil.
TSincubus69
post Feb 12 2019, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

any addictive that you guys can recommend for gearbox jerking ? like brand and name
Jedi
post Feb 12 2019, 11:48 AM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

Toyota hailat a... Don't bully me on highway

Usually I recommend engine valve throttle body clean

Rm 80 can be done in klang valley
MR_alien
post Feb 12 2019, 03:19 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,298 posts

cleaner fuel = cleaner fuel interior
which translate to longer life engine

same as human, eat dirty everyday..all your heart and veins will be clogged up
feekle
post May 12 2020, 06:15 PM

Bibo ergo sum!
1,922 posts

QUOTE(incubus69 @ Feb 12 2019, 11:03 AM)
thanks dear /k for the advise.

will send in my car for servicing tomorrow to flush it before changing the engine oil.
So whats d update? More performance from your hailak?
IamAHuman
post May 12 2020, 07:00 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(incubus69 @ Feb 11 2019, 05:41 PM)
The main difference is that Euro5 diesel contains only 10ppm* of sulphur compared to 500ppm for Euro2M. It is therefore a much cleaner fuel which produces lower emissions for a cleaner environment. As a significantly higher grade diesel, it also extends engine life and improves fuel efficiency.
Sulphur in diesel creates particulate matter (PM) during combustion and the continued generation of PM causes health issues. In addition to environmental and health issues, the sulphur in the fuel also contributes to increased acid levels in the engine that can cause damage to engine and emission control systems. The presence of sulphur in the engine exhaust gases limits the effectiveness of many exhaust after-treatment technologies, resulting in higher emissions of other pollutants.
My question is, i have a 2012 toyota hilux with me. i had tried pump full tank twice with Euro 5 diesel. but i can't sense any significant different in accelerate or power. i know that if for cleaner environment, yes euro 5 is definitely better but do u think is worth it for my this car to use euro 5 or just maintain the normal diesel.

ya and i know the price different for both are just 10sen per liter but this is a heavy duty car which will have a high mileage driving.

Do give an update.

For my thoughts, it may not differ much for a Toyota engine but maybe it’ll differ much on a bmw engine? Just a thought here..
mabaw
post May 12 2020, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Feb 11 2019, 07:36 PM)
for long term reliability is much better

less soot means less clogging of turbo, intake, engine oil , injectors valve etc.
this

it wasn't for power. especially when paired with ur hilux engine
even those engines are rated for those euro5 also wont suffer from power lost unlike gasoline engine (when it come to octane rating)
ceo684
post May 13 2020, 12:35 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(incubus69 @ Feb 11 2019, 05:41 PM)

Technically if you're driving a 2012 2.5 hilux will be a 102 PS and 260 Nm engine
I've been driving my mazda BT-50 with 2.5-liter WL-T 3-valve water-intercooled turbodiesel, 120 PS (88 kW; 118 hp) and 277 N⋅m (204 lb⋅ft) since 2009 on crap and euro2M when it became available as standard.
E5 would be beneficial to modern commonrail with high output but i think our engines were kinda detuned to cater for pre-2M crap or 2M spec. If you are driving the ford ranger 2.2 high output engine that would be more beneficial.
In the case of our "bulletproof" detuned engines changing the fuel filter every 2 years or so would be more useful, can really feel a difference (and cheaper) IMO. Currently running around 240k km already and still going strong.
Use good engine oil (delo 400/delvac MX buy from distributor directly) and maintain that fuel filter well will serve you many years trouble-free.

From crap 3000ppm to 2M was a big difference, much less black smoke. Nowadays 2M would be hard pressed to make black smoke unless flooring it in neutral.
Drove to SG many times with 2M as long as you dont do silly things (accelerate properly and gently, don't pollute the whole road) with the truck no problem.

This post has been edited by ceo684: May 13 2020, 12:36 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:17 PM