Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware URGENT! UNIFI ROUTER C1200, and ridiculous unifi charge

views

TSOwlsHeart
post Feb 11 2019, 09:12 AM, updated 6y ago

Mineral Collector/Trader
1,102 posts

Hello, my unifi router provided by unifi, archer c1200,last night showed no lights all of sudden, so i did factory reset.

The lights came back on but orange light on the 'planet' icon. I had reconfigured the tp link site,set up new wifi thing, can connect but no internet.

I contacted unifi and they restarted the port and kept suggesting restarting the router,unplugging, i done all that but it is still the same. So they will send a technician to check and i will be charged rm53 per visit?!

and since my router out of warranty,they can replace for free but need to renew contract ranting.gif vmad.gif

So i need advice, like what if it just need a simple fix? paying rm53 for a checkup is ridiculous after i am still a paying customer who pays rm200 monthly ranting.gif

Is it really router failure? the internet reception fried perhaps?
Satori 14118a
post Feb 11 2019, 09:20 AM

Enthusiast
938 posts

If factory reset, have you re-configured the router settings, UniFi password, etc?

Edit: yes, rm53 (incl. SST) per visit charged to next bill if user issue.

This post has been edited by Satori 14118a: Feb 11 2019, 09:23 AM
TSOwlsHeart
post Feb 11 2019, 09:27 AM

Mineral Collector/Trader
1,102 posts

QUOTE(Satori 14118a @ Feb 11 2019, 09:20 AM)
If factory reset, have you re-configured the router settings, UniFi password, etc?

Edit: yes, rm53 (incl. SST) per visit charged to next bill if user issue.
yep, done that twice. The network would appear in wifi search as well, can connect but no internet.
netmatrix
post Feb 11 2019, 09:29 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Unifi WAN Login & password wrong.
CyrusWong
post Feb 11 2019, 09:39 AM

Regular
1,626 posts

very likely unifi id/pw wrong
chamelion
post Feb 11 2019, 09:47 AM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

can unifi and request your unifi WAN password.

WAN password =/= Unifi password
TSOwlsHeart
post Feb 11 2019, 09:58 AM

Mineral Collector/Trader
1,102 posts

you guys meant the PPPOE username and password?
C-Fu.
post Feb 11 2019, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

any screenshot on the error? might help
meors
post Feb 11 2019, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

happened to mine last week. Technician came and replaced the TM Modem.
Check if the Modem LINK or PON light is turned on.

Or you can also try to call the Unifi phone, if it doesn't work then it's the external to modem connection or the modem faulty
acbc
post Feb 11 2019, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

Aiya. Simple la.

U only need 3 items.

1. Unifi username
2. Unifi password
3. VLAN compatible router (will be written on the box)

Buy and plug in. Go to web admin site and enter items 1 and 2.

Done.

Why need to call support? Support will charge even for simple things.
WebWalker
post Feb 11 2019, 11:19 AM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

Never reset your router unless you know how to configure it back.

General solution for router no Internet connection, just restart router and modem.

If you don't how to configure the router, pay the TM technician to configure it.
TSOwlsHeart
post Feb 11 2019, 11:50 AM

Mineral Collector/Trader
1,102 posts

ok guys my problem is solved. It was PPPOE thing, apparently i lost the original info so i contacted staff via Live chat to retrieve new id and pw, now my internet is back.

I rarely going for factory reset on the router. Last night after restarting,the whole router show no light at all, no choice had to reset, the lights back on but without internet.

this archer c1200 is gonna kaput soon. Anyway before i close this thread, any recommendation for cheapest router under rm300 that can handle 800mbps well just in case xD
Edlois
post Feb 25 2019, 11:35 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(OwlsHeart @ Feb 11 2019, 11:50 AM)
ok guys my problem is solved. It was PPPOE thing, apparently i lost the original info so i contacted staff via Live chat  to retrieve new id and pw, now my internet is back.

I rarely going for factory reset on the router. Last night after restarting,the whole router show no light at all, no choice had to reset, the lights back on but without internet.

this archer c1200 is gonna kaput soon. Anyway before i close this thread, any recommendation for cheapest router under rm300 that can handle 800mbps well just in case xD
I would highly recommend you. TP-LINK AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Archer C7. this router is proven tech with solid internals with good heat management. not to mention it comes with tp-link app on your phone for easy configuration. it support VLAN maxis and unifi BTU too.

2.4 Ghz can go up to 450 mbps and 5 Ghz can go up to 1300 mbps. With wireless AC standard.

rather then recommend you fancy Asus router. this one is solid and hassle free. great coverage too rclxms.gif
abubin
post Feb 26 2019, 12:36 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(OwlsHeart @ Feb 11 2019, 11:50 AM)
ok guys my problem is solved. It was PPPOE thing, apparently i lost the original info so i contacted staff via Live chat  to retrieve new id and pw, now my internet is back.

There is no reason for you to reset the router. You could have just power cycle the router which is enough to resolve the issue. If it still doesn't work it is usually due to some issue at TM's side. You just need to wait few minutes or up to 30 minutes and it will reconnect back automatically. If after 30 min still not connected then you should call TM support.

Resetting is only when you really want change the settings back to factory default. That would means you need to reconfigure EVERYTHING from scratch.

This post has been edited by abubin: Feb 26 2019, 12:36 PM
DuitNow
post Feb 26 2019, 12:58 PM

On my way
597 posts

QUOTE(OwlsHeart @ Feb 11 2019, 09:12 AM)
Hello, my unifi router provided by unifi, archer c1200,last night showed no lights all of sudden, so i did factory reset.

The lights came back on but orange light on the 'planet' icon. I had reconfigured the tp link site,set up new wifi thing, can connect but no internet.

I contacted unifi and they restarted the port and kept suggesting restarting the router,unplugging, i done all that but it is still the same. So they will send a technician to check and i will be charged rm53 per visit?!

and since my router out of warranty,they can replace for free but need to renew contract  ranting.gif  vmad.gif

So i need advice, like what if it just need a simple fix? paying rm53  for a checkup is ridiculous after i am still a paying customer who pays rm200 monthly  ranting.gif

Is it really router failure? the internet reception fried perhaps?
I have no idea why you want to reset the router? Did you even backup the settings file?

QUOTE(abubin @ Feb 26 2019, 12:36 PM)
There is no reason for you to reset the router. You could have just power cycle the router which is enough to resolve the issue. If it still doesn't work it is usually due to some issue at TM's side. You just need to wait few minutes or up to 30 minutes and it will reconnect back automatically. If after 30 min still not connected then you should call TM support.

Resetting is only when you really want change the settings back to factory default. That would means you need to reconfigure EVERYTHING from scratch.
Usually TM having problems is very common. Usually I wait for one day before calling them up.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 AM