Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

We're having intermittent DNS issues, that should resolve itself shortly.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda civic or Mazda 3 (C-Segment)

Dwango
post Feb 17 2019, 09:58 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Everybody is talking about cramped space and torsion beam of the new Mazda 3. Some talk about handling but I just want to focus solely on exterior looks of the car.

Seeing the (new) Mazda 3 approaching from far, it looks like a car that is driven by someone polished and the educated. A car driven to the anywhere in the city and hotels where everyone would notice as young or middle-aged couples alight from the car in sharp-looking suits and dresses.

The Honda Civic looks like a car driven by young college students or speedsters. A car which is brought to the race tracks or drag racing.

The new Mazda 3 2019 looks more polished, elegant and matured whereas the Civic looks overly sporty especially the ugly looking robotic lights at the rear which spoils everything. Though I understand not everyone thinks that way. The Civic looks ugly to me. There are people who buy car for resale value and the badge so horses for courses. I am just commenting on the looks aspect.
carsalesperson
post Feb 17 2019, 11:16 AM

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Feb 17 2019, 01:28 AM)
City has more legroom than current gen mz3. Current gen mz3 is not too cramped, it's just that compared to other C seg, it's considered cramped. The one which is really cramped is mazda 2. That one is almost like satria neo rear seat lol.
The reason is not because of styling actually. It's driver oriented/priority. Also, the humped floor on middle part behind the arm rest makes the middle rear seat cramped. RWD and AWD cars have it due to the drive shaft but it also increases the chassis rigidity.
How is it a flaw when it's never intended to be designed for spacious rear legroom? Their priority is always the driver. To me, the legroom is still acceptable. Not cramped to the extent of uncomfortable, unless one is 6ft tall. The new Corolla 2019 is not spacious as well. The legroom shrunk compared to the previous gen.

Actually Mazda never intend to compete with mainstream brands because they are a much smaller company. So they have to target a certain niche. And you appeared not to be in that targeted audience.
Yup. To me, it's fine. The one which is not fine is Mazda 2 haha.
its styling , mazda admit them self brows.gif
they want longer hood to look like a rear wheel drive car because of the proportion is nicer that way

actually this also create a huge concern of safety having the car so cramp
go search for result of the rear passenger never buckle up , if the car meet with accident, the rear passenger would kill the driver shakehead.gif
carsalesperson
post Feb 17 2019, 11:17 AM

QUOTE(silrave @ Feb 14 2019, 07:14 PM)
wao so serious a ??
omg
haha i am driving city currently
city change mazda 3
city behind leg space bigger or mazda 3 ?
city space win mazda 3 by a huge margin , especially the current city on sales

silrave
post Feb 17 2019, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(carsalesperson @ Feb 17 2019, 11:17 AM)
city space win mazda 3 by a huge margin , especially the current city on sales
so far i am ok with my city
that that their HU and IS lack lot of thing
if u compare to mazda and other brand
davidletterboyz
post Feb 17 2019, 11:38 AM

Der Kaiser

QUOTE(carsalesperson @ Feb 17 2019, 11:16 AM)
its styling , mazda admit them self  brows.gif
they want longer hood to look like a rear wheel drive car because of the proportion is nicer that way

go search for result of the rear passenger never buckle up , if the car meet with accident, the rear passenger would kill the driver  shakehead.gif
Have u ever sat in the current gen mazda 3? lol Actually not as cramped as people said la. It's the legroom is small compared to other C seg cars but it's still relatively comfortable, unless you're 6ft tall.

Safety? Current gen mazda 3 5 stars European NCAP.: https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/mazda/3/8875

Honda Civic 4 stars but safer for pedestrians to be crashed by it: https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/honda/civic/27441

Compare the adult occupant crash results of both. Mazda 3 passenger is actually more safer than Civic lol.

carsalesperson
post Feb 17 2019, 03:08 PM

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Feb 17 2019, 11:38 AM)
Have u ever sat in the current gen mazda 3? lol Actually not as cramped as people said la. It's the legroom is small compared to other C seg cars but it's still relatively comfortable, unless you're 6ft tall.

Safety? Current gen mazda 3 5 stars European NCAP.: https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/mazda/3/8875

Honda Civic 4 stars but safer for pedestrians to be crashed by it: https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/honda/civic/27441

Compare the adult occupant crash results of both. Mazda 3 passenger is actually more safer than Civic lol.
sat in multiple time as my friend and colleague have them n I'm 1.8m so sweat.gif sweat.gif
my leg is barely have space move around let alone comfortable blink.gif

This post has been edited by carsalesperson: Feb 17 2019, 03:10 PM
overfloe
post Feb 17 2019, 04:39 PM

Ain't nothing but a thang..

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Feb 17 2019, 02:28 AM)
How is it a flaw when it's never intended to be designed for spacious rear legroom? Their priority is always the driver. To me, the legroom is still acceptable. Not cramped to the extent of uncomfortable, unless one is 6ft tall. The new Corolla 2019 is not spacious as well. The legroom shrunk compared to the previous gen.

Actually Mazda never intend to compete with mainstream brands because they are a much smaller company. So they have to target a certain niche. And you appeared not to be in that targeted audience.
Yup. To me, it's fine. The one which is not fine is Mazda 2 haha.
Kek. Again, y'all fanboys like to sugarcoat it. No hating towards mazda but give credits where its due and critic when necessary.

It is known that by using torsion will free up some space (and manufacturing cost) but mazda couldnt make the new mazda3 any roomier? Want a driver oriented niche car? They have mx-5 for that purpose. Priority to the driver? How is a 4door type-r, a track-focused driver oriented car has better room for rear passenger? Heck, even my old 2door fn2 has better rear legroom than mazda3.

Mazda had the chance to make a perfect and competitive sedan but didnt quite make it. Somehow, they do quite well with cx-5 and cx-9 (i love cx9 btw) and now cx-8. And for current lineup, mazda managed to fix one of their biggest weakness which is NVH. Now y'all telling us they dont want to be mainstream and stay uncompetitive?

davidletterboyz
post Feb 17 2019, 05:19 PM

Der Kaiser

QUOTE(carsalesperson @ Feb 17 2019, 03:08 PM)
sat in multiple time as my friend and colleague have them n I'm 1.8m so  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
my leg is barely have space move around let alone comfortable  blink.gif
Lol no wonder. I can understand your frustration. You should be the driver he he

QUOTE(overfloe @ Feb 17 2019, 04:39 PM)
Kek. Again, y'all fanboys like to sugarcoat it. No hating towards mazda but give credits where its due and critic when necessary.

It is known that by using torsion will free up some space (and manufacturing cost) but mazda couldnt make the new mazda3 any roomier? Want a driver oriented niche car? They have mx-5 for that purpose. Priority to the driver? How is a 4door type-r, a track-focused driver oriented car has better room for rear passenger? Heck, even my old 2door fn2 has better rear legroom than mazda3.

Mazda had the chance to make a perfect and competitive sedan but didnt quite make it. Somehow, they do quite well with cx-5 and cx-9 (i love cx9 btw) and now cx-8. And for current lineup, mazda managed to fix one of their biggest weakness which is NVH. Now y'all telling us they dont want to be mainstream and stay uncompetitive?
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/mazda-3-2019-72758
And while the wheelbase has been stretched, the cabin isn’t much bigger. The existing 3 was a pace setter for rear seat space, and it’s still not ridiculously roomy in the back of the new one. As a six-foot (182cm) adult, I found it reasonable, though, with enough rear leg room and toe room to settle in.

No. I'm not a Mazda fan. Just stating my opinion as well. Nobody is forcing us to buy anyway if ain't your cup of tea. MX-5 is a two-seater roadster. It doesn't mean the driver can't have some fun in a compact sedan.

I do noticed most Msian prioritize legroom and space over other things. There are always Honda and Nissan for them. If Mazda keeps doing the same thing as them, they will produce equally boring cars as them, as how Toyota had been. But even the new gens of Toyota are getting good reviews and guess what, rear legroom is not one of their selling points too.
sonicmaster
post Feb 17 2019, 09:03 PM

Getting Started

Wait for civic fl with honda sensing
wkc5657
post Feb 18 2019, 11:04 AM

QUOTE(silrave @ Feb 16 2019, 03:20 AM)

but i heard city coming new model right
Still not so soon....

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Feb 17 2019, 12:51 AM)
Only idiot buy honda nowadays. Damn many problem and some honda unable to fix it. Qc also sucks. Wont buy honda for my next car.

They are best sellers for non national brand, there is certainly some things that they did right that malaysian market loves honda so much.

QUOTE(carsalesperson @ Feb 17 2019, 11:16 AM)
its styling , mazda admit them self  brows.gif

go search for result of the rear passenger never buckle up , if the car meet with accident, the rear passenger would kill the driver  shakehead.gif
Applies to all cars regardless of rear legroom length. If the rear passenger don't buckle up, risk of front passenger being crushed is high. Another main reason are car makes/part manufacturers that just don't want to spend just a few $$ more to have reinforced joints.

Only new safety test protocol might force car makes to really look into reinforcing the front seat pivot joints.

QUOTE(carsalesperson @ Feb 17 2019, 03:08 PM)
sat in multiple time as my friend and colleague have them n I'm 1.8m so  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
my leg is barely have space move around let alone comfortable  blink.gif
ok la, if you're 6+ feet, you can feel the pinch more noticeably. ok lor....don't consider the mazda3 ever for yourself.....
ry8128
post Feb 18 2019, 02:11 PM

Casual

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Feb 18 2019, 11:04 AM)
Still not so soon....
They are best sellers for non national brand, there is certainly some things that they did right that malaysian market loves honda so much.

Yup, u r right, many things they done right: good spec, nice design, value for money compare to other japs car and etc.

But they make a mistake by sacrificing qc. If this continues, they won’t be leading non-national brand for long, similar like how Toyota has fallen down (due to overprice tin Kosong with no safety) compare to their sales many years ago.
wkc5657
post Feb 18 2019, 03:09 PM

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Feb 18 2019, 02:11 PM)
Yup, u r right, many things they done right: good spec, nice design, value for money compare to other japs car and etc.

But they make a mistake by sacrificing qc. If this continues, they won’t be leading non-national brand for long, similar like how Toyota has fallen down (due to overprice tin Kosong with no safety) compare to their sales many years ago.
I'm not exactly sure whether value for money is part of the equation, but honda did certainly benefit from the snoobish behavior of toyota you mentioned.

But i guess the honda's philosophy of "machine minimum, man maximum" appeal to the malaysian market a lot. Honda really is the best at efficiently using space to create really large interior. So buyers get the feeling that the bought more metal per $ than competitors. Honda will still sell very well for the foreseeable future.

But in SUV space, mazda and korean are better in this aspect. Of course, pure quantity wise, honda still hands down winner, but market share comparative to their non SUV segment, i have a feeling that this is where honda will be trying hard.
overfloe
post Feb 19 2019, 10:56 AM

Ain't nothing but a thang..

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Feb 17 2019, 06:19 PM)
Lol no wonder. I can understand your frustration. You should be the driver he he
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/mazda-3-2019-72758
No. I'm not a Mazda fan. Just stating my opinion as well. Nobody is forcing us to buy anyway if ain't your cup of tea. MX-5 is a two-seater roadster. It doesn't mean the driver can't have some fun in a compact sedan.

I do noticed most Msian prioritize legroom and space over other things. There are always Honda and Nissan for them. If Mazda keeps doing the same thing as them, they will produce equally boring cars as them, as how Toyota had been. But even the new gens of Toyota are getting good reviews and guess what, rear legroom is not one of their selling points too.
you dont get the point. mazda can keep the good traits and just improve one more thing (just small one) and all will be well. who said improve legroom need to sacrifice driveability?
davidletterboyz
post Feb 19 2019, 12:23 PM

Der Kaiser

QUOTE(overfloe @ Feb 19 2019, 10:56 AM)
you dont get the point. mazda can keep the good traits and just improve one more thing (just small one) and all will be well. who said improve legroom need to sacrifice driveability?
It's not a small one. Need to redesign the majority dimension of the chassis etc.

I know what you mean is it's a wasted opportunity for Mazda. But then, so as all other cars? No? E.g. the Honda Civic has ample rear legroom, but muted steering feel, boring CVT etc. Following your reasoning, they could also "just" improve it by changing the gearbox and tune the steering. As you put it, just as small one. sweat.gif

unitron
post Feb 19 2019, 01:39 PM

W1(R)3d

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Feb 13 2019, 06:53 PM)
Have, it's called Type R. ☺️
Just need a normal 5-speed manual.
U want to pay >300k ?

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Feb 14 2019, 02:34 PM)
civic - the car with the most ah beng drivers on the road after myvi

true story
What about Saga BLM ? Those owners called what ?

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Feb 17 2019, 12:51 AM)
Only idiot buy honda nowadays. Damn many problem and some honda unable to fix it. Qc also sucks. Wont buy honda for my next car.

Souce: i am owner of previous gen jazz and current gen civic.
Go get the Proton X70.
If I was in the market for a new car, I'll get that.

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0707sec    2.03    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 01:26 AM