Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New HRV vs used GLA200

views

Valentino46
post Apr 6 2019, 04:09 AM

On my way
638 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Apr 6 2019, 03:30 AM)
very much depends on luck, especially lemon units.

no one would like to choose it, but if you are unlucky, you will get it. and it is difficult to spot.
not possible to completely eliminate yes,but pour in some efforts can greatly reduce the luck factor;you wanna play used market you gotta learn to manage some risk,if cannot take risk,pay the full price for a new one or just drive a myvi
chamelion
post Apr 6 2019, 05:00 AM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

New honda come with 5 years warranty.

It is very hard to compare both cars from the Financial perspective.

The difference is very significant if you look into 5 years cost cycle. It get even further if you get a lemon gla.

Imho not worth unless you go for new gla or bmw if you want the driving experience and maximum spend value.
jameslow
post Apr 6 2019, 08:57 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

To TS, with your budget and concern, if you really wish to own conti, I strongly suggest you to get used BMW 2017 above, example 2017 X1, 160-170k

You get 5 years warranty and free service, a white card to visit airport Premium Lounge (provided the previous owner release it), totally peace of mind until 2022, SC do all for you at their cost, except brake pad, rotor, wiper, and tires.

FYI, if the Merc is still under warranty, you have to send it back to their SC for regular or major service, recently they charged me 4K just the fluid change, aka engine oil, brake oil and 4matic gearbox oil, think about the cost to own it.
gld998
post Apr 6 2019, 09:21 AM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(overfloe @ Feb 7 2019, 08:02 AM)
welkam to lowyat world where you can compare berries with longan.

here's estimated maintenance cost for > 4 yrs old mercedes. no GLA here but you'll get the idea:

user posted image

the above exclude stuff like tayar and battery.

new HRV will be a lot cheaper to maintain and own.

but then again, if you have budget for a mercedes, why bother with lesser makes?
S class maintainance so cheap?! Knn I want I want! tongue.gif
matrix88
post Apr 6 2019, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 6 2019, 04:09 AM)
not possible to completely eliminate yes,but pour in some efforts can greatly reduce the luck factor;you wanna play used market you gotta learn to manage some risk,if cannot take risk,pay the full price for a new one or just drive a myvi
you are right, with efforts can reduce the risk. but please think it over, TS is lady who doesnt know anything about cars, that's why she is asking GLA or HRV. you think she can research and find out the issues with GLA? What is the probability she will not get a lemon unit? Knowing how the used car dealers are now a days, they will con you whenever they have chance.
TSLSL1990
post Apr 6 2019, 12:39 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Apr 6 2019, 10:54 AM)
you are right, with efforts can reduce the risk. but please think it over, TS is lady who doesnt know anything about cars, that's why she is asking GLA or HRV. you think she can research and find out the issues with GLA? What is the probability she will not get a lemon unit? Knowing how the used car dealers are now a days, they will con you whenever they have chance.
Yes, you are right Matrix88 and thank you Valentino46 for your sharing. I just try to get as much as information and learn from sifu-sifu here. Your knowledge and experience could be reduce the risk of me owning german car without drain my money so that I can use that money for travelling smile.gif
Valentino46
post Apr 6 2019, 01:05 PM

On my way
638 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Apr 6 2019, 10:54 AM)
there's women in NASA and we here think women can't even figure out basic car maintenance.
Michaelbyz23
post Apr 6 2019, 02:44 PM

Sarawak Maju Makmur
4,541 posts

I would go for HRV for longevity, and pocket friendly.
dares
post Apr 6 2019, 02:52 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 6 2019, 01:05 PM)
there's women in NASA and we here think women can't even figure out basic car maintenance.
There are plenty in my immediate and extended family, both men and women, who has no idea about car maintenance or anything at all about cars.

Just recently one of them kena tiok by Honda SC for RM500++ front brake pads.

Imagine she is driving a used Merc.
PrinceJoe
post Apr 6 2019, 02:53 PM

Casual
396 posts

If don't want drain money, just buy hrv, enuff. No need to think enimore...

When u travelling, then can sewa GLA...

Dah... dah... close tered, take money, go pay deposit now...

Used to own fd2.
Now driving e60.
matrix88
post Apr 6 2019, 04:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 6 2019, 01:05 PM)
there are woman in Nasa but it does not mean anything

please dont use your own standards to judge others, TS already say she is not good into cars thus ask for advise.

Woman can also be president or Prime Minister, does not have anything to do with this? are you also telling woman can take care of children, so you must be able to do so?
Valentino46
post Apr 6 2019, 04:47 PM

On my way
638 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Apr 6 2019, 04:35 PM)
there are woman in Nasa but it does not mean anything

please dont use your own standards to judge others, TS already say she is not good into cars thus ask for advise.

Woman can also be president or Prime Minister, does not have anything to do with this? are you also telling woman can take care of children, so you must be able to do so?
thats some weird standards you have there,since when did guys unable to take care of children?
i'm encouraging ts or any women(in fact anybody) to be a bit more informed when it comes to car so that people cannot cheat her into draining their pocket,you wanna tell me that's wrong?
that's my position i'll leave it here

matrix88
post Apr 6 2019, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 6 2019, 04:47 PM)
thats some weird standards you have there,since when did guys unable to take care of children?
i'm encouraging ts or any women(in fact anybody) to be a bit more informed when it comes to car so that people cannot cheat her into draining their pocket,you wanna tell me that's wrong?
that's my position i'll leave it here
no one saying you wrong. but you getting to Nasa and others are out of topic

anyway, GLA and HRV is different class all together, thus maintenance cost is also different.

let TS choose wisely.
zaly
post Apr 6 2019, 08:17 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 6 2019, 03:13 AM)
so many pipu who never own german imagine its like owning a ferrari
i had an e90 320d before and had several friends and relative who owned benz,bmw,audi and porsche,we always share our ownership experience among each other
to sum it up,if you're the kind who never bother to know anything bout car and usual maintenance stuff(now i do mean really basic knowledge),you always like to let somebody else such as the service center to maintain the car for you,continental car will brutally punish your wallet.
but if you are the type who more or less know the basic working of a car,you can do some first level troubleshooting yourself,you source your own parts and have own trusted mechanics,MAINSTREAM german cars are just slightly more costly to own than japanese counter parts
people don't realized that most cars works the same,unless you're talking about exotics offering,otherwise its just the usual maintenance stuff; follow the service manual,change the fluids on time,use the correct specification you'll be fine,those job don't usually require special tools,any mechanics can do,dont be con into fancy expensive workshop,in fact i can safely say changing engine oil on beemer and benz are much easier than japanese car,the filter are on top of the engine.
the exception is if you kena lemon car that require unusual parts that's hard to source or hard to replace,like busted head gasket,blocked injector,oil leak,turbo failure(me kena,but there's cheap way around it)
so the tricks for used german cars is just avoid lemon,and avoiding lemon is much easier than you think,do your homework on common problems,be very careful and take your time to choose,remember there's more than a few dozen unit to choose from at any given time,you just need ONE good unit,then you can enjoy an inexpensive german cars
Agreed with you, owned E90 6inline brandnew since 2009 till today, serviced at BMW Bavaria Jln Tun Razak since new until today, service once a year about RM500 to RM600, major serviced about RM1k++ since new until today, i'm not sure where the figure RM5k/year everybody mention about it maintaining this Ultimate Driving Machine, the most expensive part just to changed the tires or maybe absorber rm300/pieces, dont believe the slogan Banyak Makan Wang bangwall.gif except Bring More Women tongue.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM