Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> should i make a move?

HealthyLemon
post Feb 4 2019, 11:41 AM, updated 5d ago

Group: Newbie

got this girl, she is my friend's friend. sweet looking girl, not super hot type. met once or twice, never really talks, hi-bye kinda relationship.

im a really boring guy, social media is basically empty and only have boring photo taken when hanging out in car workshop or during race days.

but recently she keep following my social media, have some random likes here and there and she stalked my few years old posts.

do you guys think if i should go say hi? maybe ada chance? im socially awkward and also dont really care about the world.
tomato people
post Feb 4 2019, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Just drop by and say "hi"

Just go for it....nothing to lose
hunt3r87
post Feb 4 2019, 11:57 AM

good luck bro! nothing to lose punnnn.
ViktorJ
post Feb 4 2019, 12:11 PM

Getting Started

1. She may be interested in cars hehehe (and you as well lah).

2. Here is your chance to pick up new interests and be less "boring".

To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone

Go achieve more in this world bro.
persona93
post Feb 4 2019, 01:46 PM

Casual

just say hi, no harm done

maybe life's been giving her lemons, then she saw you, a HEALTHY LEMON

so maybe she interested?
kenjiomega
post Feb 4 2019, 05:03 PM

"Just Do It" from Nike icon_idea.gif

And when we know we are boring (or NOT good enough)
We should change and grow into society's expectation

What!? after growing...
you still don't care about this world? Fine rclxms.gif

How about staying single FOREVER ? drool.gif
ymc2303
post Feb 4 2019, 10:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HealthyLemon @ Feb 4 2019, 11:41 AM)
got this girl, she is my friend's friend. sweet looking girl, not super hot type. met once or twice, never really talks, hi-bye kinda relationship.

im a really boring guy, social media is basically empty and only have boring photo taken when hanging out in car workshop or during race days.

but recently she keep following my social media, have some random likes here and there and she stalked my few years old posts.

do you guys think if i should go say hi? maybe ada chance? im socially awkward and also dont really care about the world.
pretty much you answer the whole thread with your described personality.
how to move? she probably outshine you and you'd be crawling back being the old you.
J1g54w
post Feb 5 2019, 12:46 AM

Getting Started

say hi
chit chat
next step ask for casual lunch
if everything goes well, ask for dinner date
good luck
sweet_pez
post Feb 7 2019, 12:02 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Jobs & Careers
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(HealthyLemon @ Feb 4 2019, 11:41 AM)

If you're interested in her, drop a message on her social media chat box and start talking. You can always ask her about a certain Cafe she went with her friends, or some of the other stuffs that she put up. Ask her more about some of the things she's interested in. However try not to fake it, because if you're not at the least a little genuinely interested in what she posted, it's not hard to tell. Then you'll be deemed as a 'fake' who is 'trying too hard'.

Now your next question may be: "What's appropriate?" "How can I sound genuinely interested?" "How not to show like I'm trying too hard?"

Do up a lot of reading on the internet on communication skills and gather others' feedback, sharing etc. All these are related to personalities and how to strike the right conversation. Start off with the intention to be friends and to get to know her better, rather than thinking you wanna hit on her and make her your girlfriend. The difference in mentality and perception brings the conversation to a different level. You can approach her with such interest when you feel the 'time is right' or when you're both close enough to move onto the next level.
myqbert
post Feb 7 2019, 02:29 PM

if you interested with her too, yes you should start chat with her. thumbsup.gif

else you don't know she interested about you or your car photos. brows.gif

go say hi to her, good luck.
qin.19
post Feb 10 2019, 09:23 AM

ya, just say hi, no harm, maybe you can get yourself a GF..heheheh
royalben
post Feb 11 2019, 02:41 PM

Getting Started

You are approaching her like she is the only one left so your mind tell you have to do everything right. Hence you have the fear of losing her interest which cause you to get nervous and mess yourself up.

So approach her like she is just another friend of yours. If it is going to be awkward, so be it. It doesn't matter.
If it is going to lose her interest, so be it, you are going to mess up anyway. It doesn't matter.

What matters is, you doing something about it.
The regret of not doing is more painful than messing up.

On the positive note, she may like your awkwardness, cause she knows you have the courage to confront your fears.
She may like your mess up act, cause she may find it cute.

Stop thinking and just be goofy, weird, or awkward. It doesn't matter.
What matters is.....
Hades76
post Feb 11 2019, 02:45 PM

Getting Started

Dei......just go try lah. You yourself say you are a boring person. Now got someome giving you some attention, seize the chance lah.....
keyser soze
post Feb 11 2019, 02:46 PM

Getting Started

What could possibly go wrong?
RubMyGenie_
post Feb 11 2019, 04:23 PM

Just do it boi! You can do it!

But please don't reply with one line or a few words, try to make your conversation more engaging by asking her stuffs, and also telling stories related to her interests.

Goodluck boi

If you need any help, you can always Rub My Genie brows.gif

This post has been edited by RubMyGenie_: Feb 11 2019, 04:23 PM
MasBoleh!
post Feb 11 2019, 05:53 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(royalben @ Feb 11 2019, 02:41 PM)
You are approaching her like she is the only one left so your mind tell you have to do everything right. Hence you have the fear of losing her interest which cause you to get nervous and mess yourself up.

So approach her like she is just another friend of yours. If it is going to be awkward, so be it. It doesn't matter.
If it is going to lose her interest, so be it, you are going to mess up anyway. It doesn't matter.

What matters is, you doing something about it.
The regret of not doing is more painful than messing up.

On the positive note, she may like your awkwardness, cause she knows you have the courage to confront your fears.
She may like your mess up act, cause she may find it cute.

Stop thinking and just be goofy, weird, or awkward. It doesn't matter.
What matters is.....
I like what you typed.
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 11 2019, 07:55 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(HealthyLemon @ Feb 4 2019, 12:41 PM)

Go for it.

What have you got to lose anyway?

HealthyLemon
post Feb 13 2019, 02:19 PM

hahaharrr, thanks guys for the motivation. yea i think i shall drop a hi into her inbox. i did asked my friend if she was still single. and she is. well, it is not like i really needed a gf right now, but no harm knowing more friends.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0932sec    3.78    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th February 2019 - 10:03 AM