Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Worst 2018 Toyota Harrier CBU from Japan

views

TSUnspecified
post Feb 3 2019, 03:59 PM, updated 6y ago

15 posts

Worst Customer Service that I have experienced, please up your game to be at par of your competitors. Service Centre changed my Harrier sparepart (emblem) of a new car with a second hand to claim under warranty!!!

My family recently purchased the new Toyota Harrier Turbo (CCH118) 2 months ago and was unlucky to be hit by another car at the back and claim under insurance. The car was on the road for less than 2 weeks and has been in Authorised Toyota Semambu Kuantan Service Centre for past 2 months, with mileage < 2,000km.

Car was hit and damaged at the back only, but they changed my harrier emblem infront to claim under warranty, claimed to be faulty from original imported car from Japan. My father has been going to Toyota service centre every week to status check, total 6 times for now. 2 weeks ago inspected the car was still okay, but just this week the emblem was changed to faulty unit, with scratch of opening at the side! Refer to photos.

Toyota Semambu Kuantan Customer service claimed that installation work was managed by authorised third party contractor, mentioned even I complain to Toyota HQ, results is the same as they are privatised and passed us a copy of the claim report. Claim department argued that anyway the car is under warranty, ask us ignore and wait for it (i.e.While the car still waiting in centre for whole car censors to repair, will get new spare parts for us). So if I need the car for new year just either take it first or leave it.

Now the car is with my family, with several faulty including censors and back light. Attached photos before and after. Called HQ and ask us refer back to same service centre as only branch in Kuantan.

Wonder how does small town Toyota purchaser like us to get HQ attention to assist inspecting the whole new car so that we know other original sparepart was not changed?

This post has been edited by Unspecified: Feb 3 2019, 05:19 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSUnspecified
post Feb 3 2019, 08:11 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Ekash @ Feb 3 2019, 08:02 PM)
Could they be trying to claim for other unit but using ur warranty?? The damaged parts replaced by the good one from ur car then get warranty replace a new one for u.. So they can sell that with foc cost??
My father enquired 2 workshops and it was obvious they have been swapped the spare part with an old unit. They suspect the third party contractor, though authorised, has changed it for black market to sale for recond harrier (non-turbo). According to them the original unit actually has value for resale, and only new turbo harrier has warranty to claim.

This post has been edited by Unspecified: Feb 3 2019, 08:12 PM
TSUnspecified
post Feb 3 2019, 08:40 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Feb 3 2019, 08:29 PM)
bought under Toyota UMW? brought back to UMW SC or dealer SC?
Bought under dealer SC Kuantan Semambu branch. And that is the only branch in kuantan city.

I am stationed elsewhere, just felt annoyed by the response by the agents there and how they bully my dad and abusing his rights. However, it appears we cant do anything because they are the only branch in kuantan.

This post has been edited by Unspecified: Feb 3 2019, 08:45 PM
TSUnspecified
post Feb 11 2019, 06:53 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Feb 3 2019, 08:46 PM)
Ok, you may write an email to Toyota UMW and follow up on that. Lets see how it goes
Not a shit given by HQ. They only communicated to the same Kuantan Semambu Service Centre to contact us again today. Their responses all avoiding the problems raised, only mentioned the ETA of spare parts.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:01 AM