Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Iphone 6s turns on when connected to power source

views

TSY_vonne
post Feb 3 2019, 09:34 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
239 posts

So i charged my phone connected to power source to 100%. This morning i took it out, When i press the power button or home button, the screen is total blackout, no charging sign nothing. So i connected it back, and it turns on, but the battery shows 100%. What does this mean?

YoungMan
post Feb 3 2019, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

Nothing. Just don' know why sometime it fail to turn on during charging.
Mackiddo
post Feb 3 2019, 06:23 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

means time to change already smile.gif
acbc
post Feb 3 2019, 06:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

Board problem. Repairable but u might lose all data. Better backup while still can.
attw
post Feb 4 2019, 07:04 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Y_vonne @ Feb 3 2019, 09:34 AM)
So i charged my phone connected to power source to 100%. This morning i took it out, When i press the power button or home button, the screen is total blackout, no charging sign nothing. So i connected it back, and it turns on, but the battery shows 100%. What does this mean?
It could be the battery or circuit board, but hopefully it's the former. Have you had the battery replaced?
jumpstat
post Feb 4 2019, 08:05 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

Haa.. Just happened to my wife's ip6+. 1st issue was that the battery didn't last. Battery also gets to 100% from zero to just under 1 hour. Shutdown occurs around the 19% battery level. The touch Id just stopped working but other functions on the home button works.

Send to reputable iphone service centre, and using electronic gadgets, found fault in the charging IC and battery. After changing both, the phone also like 'young' again. Receptive, no lagging, battery also holding. very well. All that for RM280. In fact, this was the 3rd shop I sought advice. The 1st recommend to change battery only, the 2nd advised me to leave phone behind for diagnostics but most probably may involve new battery. And finally the 3rd one, after hearing my complaint on the phone, took like 1 minute to open the display and then using like osiloscope testing some of the chips on the board. And this was done in front of us. Upon collection an hour later, my wife phone was back to normal with all data, apps, functions intact. No need to even restore.

I did ask technician, how to avoid such incident in future. His comment was that, 4 year old phone going to 5, and now still can use is very good. He also advise not to mix charging any phones for that matter. What he meant was stick to one charger if possible, always depend on the original charger/cable. Sometimes using powerbank, then use usb car charger then wall charger, put unnecessary strain on the circuits due to different charging sources.

FYI, I did mine at Wangs Walk IT floor.
jumpstat
post Feb 24 2019, 02:53 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

Did you resolve your phone issues?
TSY_vonne
post Feb 28 2019, 07:47 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Feb 24 2019, 02:53 AM)
Did you resolve your phone issues?
Hm ive had my mother board fixed before actually, it completely died then. But now this power source thingy has happened twice or thrice since i got it fixed, apart from that it’s working well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:01 PM