Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Upcoming Mazda 3 SkyActiv-X vw SkyActiv-G

views

Dwango
post Feb 4 2019, 10:28 AM

Casual
475 posts

SkyActiv X replacing G.

Reminds me of the Terminator movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. T-X replacing T1000. Somehow "X" seems to be always the latest and the best. Perhaps the SkyActiv X will be the last iteration of the SkyActiv engine before Mazda switches to something else completely new, such as the electric.
Dwango
post Feb 5 2019, 09:14 AM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Feb 5 2019, 01:18 AM)
Just bring back the M3 mps engine and put it into the new M3....I tell u.....will sell like goreng Pisang....with the same price
Goreng pisang for speedsters or fast n furious drivers only. The majority of people nowadays are looking for fuel efficiency engines so the new X engine delivers in this area. The good thing is although more fuel efficient it has higher torque and horsepower than the old/current engine so in other words it kills 2 birds with one stone being more powerful but fuel efficient at the same time.

Also, it may also got to do with the global emission standards, goals or aspirations too as the world is striving for vehicles which produce less or lower emissions for the benefit of mankind or whatever, global warming or that kind of stuff for the future generations. Hence the newer engines or technology should ideally deliver in this era of being more environmental friendly I suppose.
Dwango
post Feb 5 2019, 09:17 AM

Casual
475 posts

Just googled on Mazda 3mps. 263hp and 380Nm under the bonnet should be produced in limited quantities for enthusiasts and not mass market production at low/affordable prices. Otherwise we'll see higher rate of accidents on the roads with all racing on the streets. Lol
Dwango
post Feb 17 2019, 10:02 AM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Feb 5 2019, 01:54 PM)
Don't blame the car...blame the idiot....anyway ....by having high power or torque...u need less fuel to push the car.....mate it to a dsg gearbox....it will be perfect I tell u....PERFECT
Yes, perfect for those who have a passion for speed and the thrill of bursting acceleration power. Looks like it will remain a dream at the moment or the foreseeable future.
Dwango
post May 31 2019, 05:49 PM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(kaivanwong @ May 31 2019, 04:57 AM)
Mazda sales person informed me that the Mazda 3 Skyactiv X will be launched around end of the year with price ranging from RM160K - RM170K.
Seems like it's aiming to go into Lexus or Infiniti category with that kind of pricing although not reaching to the Mercedes or BMW levels yet.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0332sec    1.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 03:08 PM