3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Upcoming Mazda 3 SkyActiv-X vw SkyActiv-G

views

TSSportyHandling
post Feb 2 2019, 07:49 PM, updated 2w ago

Group: Newbie

Does anyone know when the new upcoming model of the Mazda 3 will be launched in Malaysia? The all-new Mazda 3 model has been making its presence felt on the internet and Youtube and it's looking very impressive. I've read up a bit on the model and it appears that the new SkyActiv-X will be introduced for the Mazda 3 which is an improvement over the current SkyActiv-G with higher torque and horsepower (230 Nm torque and 188hp horsepower in SkyActiv X compared to 210 Nm and 162hp of SkyActiv-G).

Does anyone know when the all-new model of the Mazda 3 will be launched in Malaysia, and whether the engine will be the SkyActiv-G or SkyActiv-X?
ketupatlazat
post Feb 2 2019, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

2H19 maybe

Judging by Bermaz's prior practices, there's a good chance they will ditch the good stuffs
yattnana
post Feb 3 2019, 12:36 AM

Getting Started

so weird, new corolla come with multilink rear suspension while new mazda 3 use torsion beam only
dares
post Feb 3 2019, 02:14 AM

QUOTE(yattnana @ Feb 3 2019, 12:36 AM)
so weird, new corolla come with multilink rear suspension while new mazda 3 use torsion beam only
cukurla bukan solid rear axle whistling.gif
Ginny88
post Feb 3 2019, 07:31 AM

Getting Started

The new model Mazda 3 for 2019 will be using the Skyactiv-G engine. So not this year for the Skyactiv-X.
TSSportyHandling
post Feb 3 2019, 07:49 AM

Thanks for all responses. Yes i have read about the rear torsion beam of the new Mazda 3. Although considered as undesirable, it was said to reduce noises from the suspension ie. quieter apart from having improved performance from the current suspension setup. I don't have issues with it as my previous Nissan Sylphy was also on torsion beam if I'm not mistaken. As long as it doesn't give problems especially squeaking noises or other annoying noises usually associated with worn out suspension, that is all that matters.

The more important aspect I'm interested in is on the new SkyActiv engine. As we all know the current trend is on electric, hybrid and turbocharged engines but Mazda still choose to go with NA albeit an improved version of it. The SkyActiv-X is more powerful than the current SkyActiv-G and yet is (claimed) 30% more fuel efficient than the latter. The only downside i read on the X is the precense of a diesel-like clatter at low speed but this was with the production model. It will likely be ironed out by Mazda engineers who are fully aware of the problem, again claimed by Mazda. Not sure if they would be successful though.

Also, I read that it is not certain if Mazda will continue to develop or improve the current reliable SkyActivz-G or the SkyActiv-X will eventually replace the G since both X and G are being offered. In other words, although the X is new technology and has the advantages in areas of power and fuel efficiency, it is not certain if it will eventually be the successor of the G due to the disadvantages of the diesel clatter (only with the production model) or other unknown downsides.

Having said that i surely feel the new Mazda 3 to look better than the already rather good looking model, especially the front grille which looks larger and fiercer, looking a bit like a Ford Mustang.

This post has been edited by SportyHandling: Feb 3 2019, 07:53 AM
TSSportyHandling
post Feb 3 2019, 07:56 AM

improved wheelbase of 25mm so perhaps a bit more legroom for the rear passengers
jepakazoid_82
post Feb 3 2019, 03:47 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Malaysia price maybe close to 3 series already?
Penang_J
post Feb 3 2019, 05:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Feb 3 2019, 03:47 PM)
Malaysia price maybe close to 3 series already?
I think around 140-150k and it should be launch sometime in 3rd quarter of 2019.
Dwango
post Feb 4 2019, 10:28 AM

Casual

SkyActiv X replacing G.

Reminds me of the Terminator movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. T-X replacing T1000. Somehow "X" seems to be always the latest and the best. Perhaps the SkyActiv X will be the last iteration of the SkyActiv engine before Mazda switches to something else completely new, such as the electric.
davidletterboyz
post Feb 4 2019, 11:20 AM

Der Kaiser

QUOTE(Penang_J @ Feb 3 2019, 05:59 PM)
I think around 140-150k and it should be launch sometime in 3rd quarter of 2019.
Entirely possible, because one preview article I read says Mazda is targeting upmarket. Look at the current gen Mazda 6, the baseline is much more expensive than the Accord.
Or probably they have SkyActive-G for the baseline and X for the highline.
Penang_J
post Feb 4 2019, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Feb 4 2019, 11:20 AM)
Entirely possible, because one preview article I read says Mazda is targeting upmarket. Look at the current gen Mazda 6, the baseline is much more expensive than the Accord.
Or probably they have SkyActive-G for the baseline and X for the highline.
Wait 2020 for CKD version? Pay lesser tax as well.

davidletterboyz
post Feb 4 2019, 11:45 AM

Der Kaiser

QUOTE(Penang_J @ Feb 4 2019, 11:22 AM)
Wait 2020 for CKD version? Pay lesser tax as well.
Is the lower tax plan gonna be implemented? haha Nowadays it's flip flop.
lil_flank
post Feb 4 2019, 03:15 PM

Casual

I was very interested in this new Mazda 3 Skyactiv X until i sat on the rear seats. Too cramp and the headroom is a joke! Worst than the current Mazda 3.
yattnana
post Feb 5 2019, 01:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Feb 4 2019, 03:15 PM)
I was very interested in this new Mazda 3 Skyactiv X until i sat on the rear seats. Too cramp and the headroom is a joke! Worst than the current Mazda 3.
I thought they use torsion beam for bettter space utilization!
thefryingfox
post Feb 5 2019, 01:18 AM

Lonely Maharajah

Just bring back the M3 mps engine and put it into the new M3....I tell u.....will sell like goreng Pisang....with the same price
lil_flank
post Feb 5 2019, 08:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(yattnana @ Feb 5 2019, 01:14 AM)
I thought they use torsion beam for bettter space utilization!
I saw the sedan. It is indeed better space utilization for the boot/trunk, not the rear seats. The boot is deeper now but the width is still about the same.
Dwango
post Feb 5 2019, 09:14 AM

Casual

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Feb 5 2019, 01:18 AM)
Just bring back the M3 mps engine and put it into the new M3....I tell u.....will sell like goreng Pisang....with the same price
Goreng pisang for speedsters or fast n furious drivers only. The majority of people nowadays are looking for fuel efficiency engines so the new X engine delivers in this area. The good thing is although more fuel efficient it has higher torque and horsepower than the old/current engine so in other words it kills 2 birds with one stone being more powerful but fuel efficient at the same time.

Also, it may also got to do with the global emission standards, goals or aspirations too as the world is striving for vehicles which produce less or lower emissions for the benefit of mankind or whatever, global warming or that kind of stuff for the future generations. Hence the newer engines or technology should ideally deliver in this era of being more environmental friendly I suppose.
Dwango
post Feb 5 2019, 09:17 AM

Casual

Just googled on Mazda 3mps. 263hp and 380Nm under the bonnet should be produced in limited quantities for enthusiasts and not mass market production at low/affordable prices. Otherwise we'll see higher rate of accidents on the roads with all racing on the streets. Lol
rcracer
post Feb 5 2019, 09:26 AM

?????

let me get the real discussion. going

rumor 120k -'140k

discuss

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0685sec    1.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled