post Feb 2 2019, 10:04 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(WhiteFlag @ Feb 1 2019, 10:09 PM)
college kids drive myvi la
T.T
TSMouYong
post Feb 2 2019, 10:08 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Not A GTR fanboy @ Feb 1 2019, 11:36 PM)
I'm not sure why are you comparing city to M3, both are from different segment and different price point... should be civic vs M3...

IMO, if you really want to get the M3, I would suggest to wait for the new one (probably around mid-year)

But it all comes to what you need:
Driving experience - M3
Practicality - honda
Interior - M3
Maintenance - M3 (cus of 5 yrs free service, if not mazda maintenance is higher than honda)
Resell value - honda (for now)
Parts - honda (easier to find and less expensive compare to mazda)
Actually my father want me to choose between city and m3 so I'm not the one who decide . The new version at mid year wow.
Hmm seems like m3 is better for performance but city parts is cheap .
TSMouYong
post Feb 2 2019, 10:13 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Ekash @ Feb 2 2019, 12:18 AM)
Just realise that Honda n Toyota free 5 yrs maintenace, is it with labor n parts n oils etc?? Or service chsrge only?? Got link to share??
I think is this website
https://www.honda.com.my/model/pricing/allnewcity

joey2000
post Feb 2 2019, 10:20 AM

Casual
375 posts

Check the 3-5 yrs Mazda 3 used car. You will be surprised. Just used it for few years, you will need to sell it later.
TSMouYong
post Feb 2 2019, 10:27 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(joey2000 @ Feb 2 2019, 10:20 AM)
Check the 3-5 yrs Mazda 3 used car. You will be surprised. Just used it for few years, you will need to sell it later.
Do u know the reason why they sell it? Maintenance High or engine issue?
joey2000
post Feb 2 2019, 10:47 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(MouYong @ Feb 2 2019, 10:27 AM)
Do u know the reason why they sell it? Maintenance High or engine issue?
Low resale value because of low demand. Or the spare part is expensive.
Ekash
post Feb 2 2019, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(MouYong @ Feb 2 2019, 10:13 AM)
Aikss.. Free labour only?? The of cos 1st 5 yrs Mazda win in maintenance fee, honda cant even see the smoke.. Maybe 10 yrs can cstch up again...
JLean
post Feb 2 2019, 01:01 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(MouYong @ Feb 1 2019, 12:07 PM)
Hi
Is Mazda 3 better than Honda City? I'm not good in car so I'm confusing about which one should I buy.

I heard from my friend, he said Mazda maintenance is high and quality not that good but other than that everything is nice.
For Honda City, I saw many City at the route so I guess the car is fine but  the quality (like radio, car seat ) in the car I don't like it if compare to Mazda 3.

If follow my heart I prefer Mazda 3 but I afraid the car is quality is trash because I bought Nissan Almera before and the car is too s***.
Can anyone tell me which one should I buy? Budget is around 120k
Both are totally different from each other even with the price. Talking about new car pricing, not second hand pricing.

Honda City - Economic, less problem in the long run, higher retain value/higher selling price even if you plan to change to other car. Not too much a headache for maintenance although it has a higher cost of maintenance compare to the Nissan al... that you mentioned.

Mazda 3 - Have a better looks in term of design, styling and accessories. Higher cost of maintenance due to high spare part price, Some say its free service or 5 year warranty or so, but have you ask it in detail, the free service may be the Free labour service, you still have to fork out money for those regular/mahor services cost which include part replacement and engine oil and etc...
yattnana
post Feb 2 2019, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Feb 1 2019, 12:29 PM)
Mazda 3 > honda city...mazda 3 is civic/altis level already

I use honda city...love the car. The interior starts to rattle when I reach 3,000kms. Other than that i find it no issue so far.

If i got 120k, i will be buying Altis. It is so comfy and nice to drive. Plus its a toyota, it doesnt break and will lasts until u have grandchild haha. Sometimes i purposely rent SoCar just to drive Altis...love everybits of the car
If die2 want Corolla better wait for the all new TNGA Corolla......multilink IRS, dynamic force 2.0L engine (163bhp)
dickybird
post Feb 2 2019, 03:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,070 posts

If you're going to spend that much on a car and plan to keep it for a long time. Get a Corolla. They're bullet proof compared to the Mazda and Honda. There have transmission issues reported for the Mazda 3.
Corolla is bigger than the City and it's CVT is better.
max_cavalera
post May 23 2019, 11:01 PM

rebirth
5,406 posts

If ur dad gonna pay for it then just straight away grab M3

Free 5 years maintenance is real. Not only free labour. Free everything.

U buy city by the 2nd and onwards service rm300+ and above. Still cheap tho cost u going to service city every 10k km....means u only be service the city twice a year...

lotiman2003
post May 24 2019, 09:15 AM

Regular
1,338 posts

Mazda3 hands down!!! It has the best quality for its segment.
nebula87
post May 24 2019, 09:20 AM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

QUOTE(MouYong @ Feb 1 2019, 12:07 PM)
Hi
Is Mazda 3 better than Honda City? I'm not good in car so I'm confusing about which one should I buy.

I heard from my friend, he said Mazda maintenance is high and quality not that good but other than that everything is nice.
For Honda City, I saw many City at the route so I guess the car is fine but  the quality (like radio, car seat ) in the car I don't like it if compare to Mazda 3.

If follow my heart I prefer Mazda 3 but I afraid the car is quality is trash because I bought Nissan Almera before and the car is too s***.
Can anyone tell me which one should I buy? Budget is around 120k
I laugh at this... Probably he can't afford it or he talk shit... rclxms.gif
pioneer86
post May 24 2019, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(MouYong @ Feb 1 2019, 10:04 PM)
I know right , but I seldom see Mazda 2 and 3 at the route so I scare the engine or whatever things in m3 quality not that good ....
Let me answer your questions in one shot since you got so much doubts here and i am the owner of M3
1. No worries about the quality, you won't go wrong with sushi brand. The M3 served me very well until now, the car already 5 years old. (you may google it and mazda has proved a reliable car)
2. Overall the car is solid, no rattling sound
3. The ride is fun and confidence
4. Fuel consumption is superb, one full tank can at least 500km (heavy footed) 600-700km (light footed)
5. yes, most of the car give 5 years maintenance but honda you have to pay the engine oil bla bla....
mazda just drive in and out everything free without paying a single sen of course there is additional charges for balancing and aligment. The FOC maintenance covered for 3 years or 60k km whichever come first.
6. In Term of power, M3>honda city
7. Cabin space, Honda<M3 but as a student you don't need so much space, it also sufficient to take your girl friend or parents for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
8. Safety wise, no doubt M3>honda city
9. The M3 slightly higher maintenance costs than honda not because it is Mazda, just due to M3 equipped with additional features like istop which required bigger battery, bigger size of rim (18 inch) for sure you have to pay higher prices for tyres. All the feature i mentioned not for base model but high spec sedan.
10. Lastly, new mazda 3 year 2019 has announced. perhaps you can wait for it as the interior and exterior even sexier than the current gen.
11. The M3 and M2 not to boost up the sales. The M3 is the hot seller worldwide in mazda and also the most profit model among the mazda hence you can see the new mazda usually equipped with the most highest tech among the mazda as well.

Happy buying thumbup.gif
jasonlim
post May 25 2019, 12:07 PM

Bunga(R)
3,550 posts

Of course mazda 3 lo

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:59 PM