Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

V10 Subaru Impreza sedan opinion

views

TSthefryingfox
post Feb 1 2019, 12:02 PM, updated 6y ago

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

Post #1
Hi guys....am planning to get a Subaru Impreza 2014 sti WRX V10. Planning to get this as my primary ride and offload my current 320d to my wife

Coming from a diesel mindset...offcourse fuel is a concern....how well does this car manage fuel considering it's an auto ....if don't tekan.....and only tekan when want to Lepas gian.

Also as usual..spares etc. Monthly budget for maintenance is about RM 1k

Looking for stock one so I can mod and give it my personal touch.

Welcome any comment from owners ...
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 1 2019, 02:09 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

True....but manual or automatic still in consideration

Most importantly boxer sound and rare factor.
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 1 2019, 02:10 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(subaru555 @ Feb 1 2019, 12:15 PM)
I was using ver 10 sti but sold it off last 3 years ago.

Got it new so I didn’t have any problems whatsoever. Of my 5 years of ownership, I only had to replace front bad shocks. Took the opportunity to change to adjustable. Quite rough ride but handling is even better.

If you come from 320d to ver10, you’ll definitely feel the pinch in terms of fc. Ver10 averages about 7-8km/l if you drive averagely. Heavy footers will be around 6-7km/l. That’s less than half of your 320d (I know coz I also own a 320d f10). However, the power is excellent. Highway speeding is a breeze. My ‘record’ from KLANG valley to cherating took me about 1hr 45mins. The needle was all the way on the right side. Only once I did it and that’s it... laugh.gif

Top speed can achieve 260kmh. Other than that, it’s a pretty solid build car but am not too sure on 2nd hands and records. Best if you get 2nd hand whose owner bought brand new from Motor Image.

Anyway, good luck in your hunting!
Thank you for the reply. Agree and planning to get local one instead of Japan spec. 2.0 or 2.5 depends on my luck....prefer 2.0 for higher rev factor...fuel half of diesel is acceptable....coz Ron 97 and diesel also same price....maybe instead of once a week fuel...it's 2wise a week
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 2 2019, 09:36 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Feb 2 2019, 11:53 AM)
Dilemma:
Not going into full boost utilising the turbo you can get between 8 to 12 km/l conservatively
Going into boost you can see fc as terrible as 4 to 8 km/l

But if you don't go into boost, what's the point you buy this car again?
Exactly bro. In kl jam time u boost no point......only when weekend lenjang can stretch it legs.

I drive tebu diesel .....the boos very addictive once hit peak curve which at 2k rpm onward......

Hence why I want to get a turbo petrol....the boost last so much more longer plus 4wd
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 4 2019, 12:26 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(JZenith @ Feb 4 2019, 10:44 AM)
might abit out of topic but plan to get other than subaru?
sti v10 parts takes alot of time, as market here kinda rare.

consider any other car?
Consideration.....it's either that or another turbo diesel. The only reason what it was that....it's actually one of my dream car ..when I was a kid....growing up....wrc...the Subaru blue and gold colours were majestic.

And the boxer engine and it's rev....not at loud as a spit fire engine but it does get me excited.

That's the only reason.....it's my dream car ...but the older 97 model is too old....will settle for something that is slightly newer....latest one is too expensive for my budget.

On the turbo diesel option....looking at what 2019 is in store.
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 4 2019, 03:40 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(theanswer @ Feb 4 2019, 03:32 PM)
prob with diesel is the peak is early but wont stay bcause the rpm is shorter. turbo petrol (newer one) peak early but stay much longer throughout the rpm.
True. Love the early peak.....highway cruising ok la...keep at 120kmh to 140...any faster is pointless coz there's always one myvy or Vios that love to come in and kacau the cruise....

V10 Impreza...not so sure how modern....it's probably the same.engine for the last 10 year
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 4 2019, 08:20 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(kevin613 @ Feb 4 2019, 07:41 PM)
I'm using the non-wide body v10 Impreza sedan 2.0M as daily driver.
cant advice on fc and engine as mine is not tebo, but interior wise and comfort wise, considering you're coming from a beemer, if you're looking for "modern", then need to set your expectation right... the interior is dated, but practical, and is mainly hard plastics with lots of rattle but fixable if you have the patience and dont mind a bit of DIY. Noise insulation is also minimal compared to the usual T and H.
No worries on that. I actually like the Impreza interior.....clean and minimal. Sure plastic and all that but I guess that's where the latest Impreza excels.

Am okay with dates interior.....just not an interior full of meters....rattles ....bro BMW is also worst after 3 to 4 year....squeeks and rattle is common....so this is given plus am looking at a 5 year old one so I am going in with eyes open
TSthefryingfox
post Feb 4 2019, 11:35 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(JZenith @ Feb 4 2019, 11:27 PM)
if your wallet really got spare then its okay. If i were you, get the wrx and install boost, wont affect much on mileage except you cant control your feet to hear the turbo whining ( i cant control lol)
In KL, where also will jam, then until when it comes to a no jam section, straight away release the beast.

if you only want the look then just facelift the old model, way more cheaper.
Imho not worth the hassle if u ask me to facelift.....also Subaru tend to hold value so planning to get as virgin as possible....don't intend to mod insane....better map, blow off and a good set of intake and exhaust. Engine wise plan to keep it stock

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:24 PM